Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings - QBs

Default Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings - QBs

Good afternoon Chiefs fans! Here's my QB Rankings video for the upcoming NFL Draft

Enjoy!

Em

Geno looks great. Only concern is that moving through the progressions thing. I noticed that watching him as well. Vick had a major problem with this, and although Reid was able to coach him up and get him a little better at it, Vick never really learned to do that well and it led to a lot of sacks and turnovers. I hope that Smith is young enough to break bad habits and learn to do that.

I have read that about Geno before on other draft ratings, I want our next QB to be able to make progressions and not lock in on one player so if he is covered doesn't know what to do, we saw what that gets you the last few years. To me that is one thing an elite QB can do and most good QBs can't do.

Yeah if you just youtube "Geno Smith Highlights" you see him lock in on the QB on every play. And those are the HIGHTLIGHTS! You do the same with Luck or RGIII or whatever, and it looks totally different. Now, maybe that's coachable, whereas the other things he brings to the table are natural gift type things that can't be taught, and therefor it might be a great investment, but it certainly is a worry.

Thanks for the vid EmDiggy.

This isn't a "weak" QB class as many have suggested. What you do not have are the "tilt the field" type guys like Luck and RG III that were the best players in the draft regardless of position.

But, there are many good QB prospects. It's hoped that the Chiefs can trade down & land Smith or Wilson. It depends on if there are any takers that want to trade up.

At least the Chiefs have a HC, that we know will do a good job of evaluating these QB prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Thanks for the vid EmDiggy.

This isn't a "weak" QB class as many have suggested. What you do not have are the "tilt the field" type guys like Luck and RG III that were the best players in the draft regardless of position.

But, there are many good QB prospects. It's hoped that the Chiefs can trade down & land Smith or Wilson. It depends on if there are any takers that want to trade up.

At least the Chiefs have a HC, that we know will do a good job of evaluating these QB prospects.
    If you can, I think kcchiefs.com is playing the radio interview with Clark and Reid, you should listen. Clark flat out said no clear cut number one qb. You take that into account with what Reid said with Jim Rome about cassel it's gotta make you think. It very well could be slight of hand trying to goat a team to trade but......

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    If you can, I think kcchiefs.com is playing the radio interview with Clark and Reid, you should listen. Clark flat out said no clear cut number one qb. You take that into account with what Reid said with Jim Rome about cassel it's gotta make you think. It very well could be slight of hand trying to goat a team to trade but......
    Poker playing for sure & they are doing the right thing not tipping their hand. Regarding Cassel, it will be interesting to see what happens with him. Many Chiefs fans want him gone, but by the same token, the Chiefs don't have any veteran QB's as of right now, so it's a mixed bag.

I agree with Clark regarding no clear-cut #1 QB. I believe they are doing the right no locking into one guy. There is still 3+ months to go prior to the draft and a lot can happen.

Great info Em, and presented nicely! Thanks for keeping on top of the QB situation a crossed the nation!

You lost me when you put barkley as your 7th rated QB, He's leaps and bounds better than Glennon, Nassib, and Bray. His arm is underrated as he's a touch passer and one knock on him is he rely's to much on touch passes for his deep balls. His athletiscm is underrated as he is pretty good at escaping the pocket and buying time with his feet to find the open WR, not to mention he is by far the best in this draft at throwing on the run. And he is also leaps and bounds better at going thru progressions and calling/changing the play at the line depending on reads. You say he struggles against the blitz, do you think maybe thats because his line was a siv and couldn't even stop a defensive line without a blitz? Smith, Wilson, Barkley are the top 3 in this draft by far with no real winner at this point, now some of the others like bray, glennon, nassib are projects and could have a huge ceiling but as of right now they all lack in alot of departments.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    You lost me when you put barkley as your 7th rated QB, He's leaps and bounds better than Glennon, Nassib, and Bray. His arm is underrated as he's a touch passer and one knock on him is he rely's to much on touch passes for his deep balls. His athletiscm is underrated as he is pretty good at escaping the pocket and buying time with his feet to find the open WR, not to mention he is by far the best in this draft at throwing on the run. And he is also leaps and bounds better at going thru progressions and calling/changing the play at the line depending on reads. You say he struggles against the blitz, do you think maybe thats because his line was a siv and couldn't even stop a defensive line without a blitz? Smith, Wilson, Barkley are the top 3 in this draft by far with no real winner at this point, now some of the others like bray, glennon, nassib are projects and could have a huge ceiling but as of right now they all lack in alot of departments.
    For Barkley, it's going to depend on the combine and his workouts. It would be great if he can get his stock back up.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast