Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings - QBs

Default Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings - QBs

Good afternoon Chiefs fans! Here's my QB Rankings video for the upcoming NFL Draft

Enjoy!

Em

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Lol..maybe...but I really don't like him and we should avoid usc qb like the plague. I'd rather get a veteran qb and draft one 2nd rd or move back in the 20's from our second and get maybe Wilson or geno...
    So you should avoid players because of the school they go to is what you're saying?

Quote Originally Posted by KCCF View Post
    So you should avoid players because of the school they go to is what you're saying?
    No, just USC qb's

Here is a list of QB from USC that played in NFL not too many good ones on it.

Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson AND John David Booty.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post

Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson AND John David Booty.
    Not a one of them made it to the big one.

See ///^^

Hmmm Don't think I've heard of any of those guys! Did you say they played QB?

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Hmmm Don't think I've heard of any of those guys! Did you say they played QB?
    I have heard of most of them they all were drafted as QB in the NFL, but none of them ever won the SB.

While a case can be made about no USC QB winning a SB, one could make a similar case that no Tennessee QB has won a SB outside of Peyton Manning, no Notre Dame QB outside of Joe Montana, no Michigan QB outside of Tom Brady, no Ole Miss QB outside Eli Manning, etc.

My point is, there is a 1st time for everything.

I still think Barkley would be a good value in the 2nd or maybe even 3rd round if the Chiefs don't take a QB in round 1.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-12-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    While a case can be made about no USC QB winning a SB, one could make a similar case that no Tennessee QB has won a SB outside of Peyton Manning, no Notre Dame QB outside of Joe Montana, no Michigan QB outside of Tom Brady, etc.

I still think Barkley would be a good value in the 2nd or maybe even 3rd round if the Chiefs don't take a QB in round 1.
    Yes but how many QB have been drafted from Tennessee and ND and Michigan? I bet not as many put together as USC. How many of those USC QB were good in the NFL? How many won 30 games in the NFL? I really don't care about it, I just think it is strange is all.

And yes I agree if he is still there in the 3rd round take him maybe in the second but that is only the 34th pick so it depends on the QB that have been drafted already.

Yes but how many QB have been drafted from Tennessee and ND and Michigan? I bet not as many put together as USC. How many of those USC QB were good in the NFL? How many won 30 games in the NFL? I really don't care about it, I just think it is strange is all.

And yes I agree if he is still there in the 3rd round take him maybe in the second but that is only the 34th pick so it depends on the QB that have been drafted already.
    My leaning is towards Tyler Wilson as far the QB's in this draft. Arm strength, pocket awareness and poise, pin-point accuracy in the short and medium distance areas on a consistent basis ( something Cassel struggles with ), mobility, mental toughness -- he seems like the most complete package. I do love Geno's deep ball. He can throw that S.O.B. into a bucket. But, he's not helping his stock by skipping the Senior Bowl and Wilson and Glennon have a chance to elevate theirs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast