Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings - QBs

Default Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings - QBs

Good afternoon Chiefs fans! Here's my QB Rankings video for the upcoming NFL Draft

Enjoy!

Em

I am not going to make my choice until after the combine, but really I will be fine with whoever Reid takes. I am even fine if he starts the year with Cassel I trust him with the QB decision. I just want better play from the QB and better play calling by the coaches, not so conservative run, run, pass or draw, punt.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I am not going to make my choice until after the combine, but really I will be fine with whoever Reid takes. I am even fine if he starts the year with Cassel I trust him with the QB decision. I just want better play from the QB and better play calling by the coaches, not so conservative run, run, pass or draw, punt.
    I'm going to add to that. I want better play from their O-line and Defensive front 7. I don't care if people think they were OK last year, I still want better, because if that happens, watch this team become more competitive within their own division & they certainly have to first start there if they're going to have any post-season aspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    My leaning is towards Tyler Wilson as far the QB's in this draft. Arm strength, pocket awareness and poise, pin-point accuracy in the short and medium distance areas on a consistent basis ( something Cassel struggles with ), mobility, mental toughness -- he seems like the most complete package. I do love Geno's deep ball. He can throw that S.O.B. into a bucket. But, he's not helping his stock by skipping the Senior Bowl and Wilson and Glennon have a chance to elevate theirs.
    My hope is that we take Wilson with the first, but if Barkley is around in the 2nd, take him as insurance. If Tyler works out, we can use the other qb as trade bait down the road.

Another idea is this...Franchise tag Bowe, but make the offer so low as to tempt other teams into matching it so we get their draft pick. Then we could definitely get two new QB's & a monster center to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    My hope is that we take Wilson with the first, but if Barkley is around in the 2nd, take him as insurance. If Tyler works out, we can use the other qb as trade bait down the road.

Another idea is this...Franchise tag Bowe, but make the offer so low as to tempt other teams into matching it so we get their draft pick. Then we could definitely get two new QB's & a monster center to boot.
    The franchise tag number is preset. We don't get to set the price, I believe it is 120% of what we paid him this year since we would be tagging him twice in a row.

I just dont see Bowe being worthy of another franchise tag. Obviously we are in desperate need of 3 wrs but Bowe lack of effort does not put him in the top WR bracket nor should he be paid that. I do hope he stays and signs a 5 year deal, but noway would he get that kind of money from another team.

The truth is He was a big part of this years pathetic offense. He did not step up and show he can take on the leadership role.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Hmmm Don't think I've heard of any of those guys! Did you say they played QB?

wow bad list of qbs. Palmer i believe was headed to great things till injuries derailed him.

Only two , maaaaybe 3 others would be serviceable place holders till you could get someone better. Peete would be a good vet backup , at least good enuff to keep the team from falling off the cliff if your starter went down.

Quote Originally Posted by swochief View Post
    wow bad list of qbs. Palmer i believe was headed to great things till injuries derailed him.

Only two , maaaaybe 3 others would be serviceable place holders till you could get someone better. Peete would be a good vet backup , at least good enuff to keep the team from falling off the cliff if your starter went down.
    Not a very impressive list to say the least, even though it has a lot of names on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post

Indeed, double-dipping at the QB position in the draft is the right thing for this team to do.

I had suggested it long ago, and I'm glad to see Chiefs fans in general are seeing the common sense & logic to it. Washington did it last year & people criticized them for it, only to have Cousins make the critics look stupid.

Indeed, double-dipping at the QB position in the draft is the right thing for this team to do.

I had suggested it long ago, and I'm glad to see Chiefs fans in general are seeing the common sense & logic to it. Washington did it last year & people criticized them for it, only to have Cousins make the critics look stupid.

I've said this year too. said it last year.

They need to do it this year and next. After that one a year till they get a franchise type and a solid backup that can come in and hold the team steady till the starter returns. Kinda like what pioli said but did not do.

While a case can be made about no USC QB winning a SB, one could make a similar case that no Tennessee QB has won a SB outside of Peyton Manning, no Notre Dame QB outside of Joe Montana, no Michigan QB outside of Tom Brady, no Ole Miss QB outside Eli Manning, etc.

My point is, there is a 1st time for everything.

I still think Barkley would be a good value in the 2nd or maybe even 3rd round if the Chiefs don't take a QB in round 1.
    So, Joe Theismann does not count? Also Daryle Lamonica played in the 2nd Superbowl, but lost. Just sayin'

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast