Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest coaching staff hires.

Default Latest coaching staff hires.

LATEST NEWS
    Chiefs Announce Coaching Staff Hires
    January 11, 2013 04:17 PM | PR Staff
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Friday several coaching staff hires for the 2013 season. Newcomers to the staff include:

Eric Bieniemy (Running Backs), Tommy Brasher (Defensive Line), Travis Crittenden (Assistant Strength and Conditioning), David Culley (Assistant Head Coach/Wide Receivers), Mike Frazier (Statistical Analysis Coordinator), Corey Matthaei (Quality Control), Tom Melvin (Tight Ends), Matt Nagy (Quarterbacks), Britt Reid (Quality Control) and Barry Rubin (Head Strength and Conditioning).

"I'm pleased we were able to get all of these coaches on board," Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid said. "I have relationships with each of them, and I know their past experiences, work ethics and coaching styles. These are high-character coaches, and each one brings something different to the table for us."

I can tell you that Tommy Brasher is a great hire. He was the defensive line coach in the Hugh Douglas, Corey Simon, Jevon Kearse, Derek Burgess... days when they were going to the NFC Championship every year and putting those guys in the probowl, and helped Trent Cole early on at the beginning of his career. After he retired, high draft picks Jerome McDougal, Victor Abiamiri, Trevor Laws, Brian Smith, etc... all turned out to be busts while guys like Jason Babin and Chris Clemons did nothing with the Eagles and then went on to play great for other teams. He came back to the Eagles at the end of this past season to clean up the mess made by Jim Washburn and did a respectable job. Former first round pick Brandon Graham was being called a bust until Brasher came back and Graham picked up 5 sacks in his last 5 games. He's a very good defensive line coach.

The problem is, the last time Reid hired a defensive line coach before hiring a defensive coordinator, it backfired and he was forced to hire Juan Castillo because nobody wanted the job. They all wanted to bring their own guy in.

I have to wonder if they are keeping some of the people from the current staff. If you look at the kc chiefs.com website, they still have bicknell (OL), Thomas (DB), Gibbs (LB), Mcmahon (ST), Smith (asst. OL), and one of the S&C coaches, and all of the older ones are gone. I wonder if Reid is keeping these guys, or if they just haven't been deleted yet.

All these guys I would be very happy to keep. Our OL, ESP the rookies, performed better than I thought. Our secondary is pretty good, and we know what Gibbs has done for our LBs.

Interesting the Castillo wasn't on the list of people hired, since there were a ton of reports that he was coming over here for OL.

Castillo interviewed for the Cowboys but no decision was made. He may have offers from both teams.

Eric Bienemy....Now there's a name we haven't heard in awhile! Great to know he's still around. Was a great 3rd down back for the Chargers.

Eric SleepingWith Bienemy.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I have to wonder if they are keeping some of the people from the current staff. If you look at the kc chiefs.com website, they still have bicknell (OL), Thomas (DB), Gibbs (LB), Mcmahon (ST), Smith (asst. OL), and one of the S&C coaches, and all of the older ones are gone. I wonder if Reid is keeping these guys, or if they just haven't been deleted yet.

All these guys I would be very happy to keep. Our OL, ESP the rookies, performed better than I thought. Our secondary is pretty good, and we know what Gibbs has done for our LBs.

Interesting the Castillo wasn't on the list of people hired, since there were a ton of reports that he was coming over here for OL.
    In case anyone cares, it looks like we are keeping the above mentioned guys as coaches. If you look at the link below, it has all of the new and old coaches mixed together.

Looks like our coaching staff is complete. Add in Dorsey and our staff is filled out. Glad to see this happen so quickly. I look forward to moving in into the offseason.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/front-o...and-staff.html

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    In case anyone cares, it looks like we are keeping the above mentioned guys as coaches. If you look at the link below, it has all of the new and old coaches mixed together.

Looks like our coaching staff is complete. Add in Dorsey and our staff is filled out. Glad to see this happen so quickly. I look forward to moving in into the offseason.

KCChiefs.com | Front Office and Staff Directory

The quicker the better as long as they get good coaches who can all work together on the same page.

I don't believe that was happening the last couple years. Felt more like they were all on different pages.

How the mighty have fallen. From head coach to OC to offensive line coach. Tony sparano to interview for OL coach position. Man would our offensive staff be stacked win credentials .

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    How the mighty have fallen. From head coach to OC to offensive line coach. Tony sparano to interview for OL coach position. Man would our offensive staff be stacked win credentials .
    Let's say for the moment Sparano does become O-Line coach. Remember, when I suggested in another thread the possibility of Jake Long being a FA. Who was the Fins HC when Long was drafted? That's right, Sparano.

Long does have some durability concerns, just like Albert, but when he's healthy, he's one of the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast