Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who for Defensive Coordinator

Default Who for Defensive Coordinator

what ideas for DC does anyone have ?
    Alot of commentators think KC should stick to the 34 , get a corner and our D will be fine.

How about Singletary - current LB coach at Minnesota.
    SHUT IT

Well we definitely need a starting CB opposite of flowers, but we also need depth at just about every position on defense, especially corner.

Monte Kiffin

I'd be good with Singletary, or maybe Kevin Greene?? I think our d is gonna be shaken up this off season.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    I'd be good with Singletary, or maybe Kevin Greene?? I think our d is gonna be shaken up this off season.
    BINGO !!

If they opt to stick with the 3-4, Kevin Green would be an excellent candidate.

Im not sure if Greene is ready to be a D.Coordinator, but would love someone with his passion and intensity. Especially since I think discipline is the biggest thing our D is lacking, and I dont see Reid as a huge disciplinarian.

Singletary I like for the same reasons. He built that 49ers Defense. He wasnt great at the HC gig, but he built the . What style D did he run (3-4vs4-3).

I think this is the 2nd most critical decision left for the team (1st being what they do at QB). Reid is not a defensive mind and he needs someone who can hold up the defense on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Im not sure if Greene is ready to be a D.Coordinator, but would love someone with his passion and intensity. Especially since I think discipline is the biggest thing our D is lacking, and I dont see Reid as a huge disciplinarian.

Singletary I like for the same reasons. He built that 49ers Defense. He wasnt great at the HC gig, but he built the . What style D did he run (3-4vs4-3).

I think this is the 2nd most critical decision left for the team (1st being what they do at QB). Reid is not a defensive mind and he needs someone who can hold up the defense on their own.
    From my quick research, it seems like Singletary ran a 3-4 in San Fran. I dont know if Reid has any connection with either of these guys, but I would be in favor of either one of them.

Just heard they are trying to get Juan Castillo as an O-line coach instead of DC... that's interesting.
    Last edited by texaschief; 01-04-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Just heard they are trying to get Juan Castillo as an O-line coach instead of DC... that's interesting.
    He was an O-line coach before Reid promoted him to DC. That's why Reid was under harsh criticism when the D in Philly underperformed.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast