Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bob Sutton our new DC

Default Bob Sutton our new DC

Chiefs Name Bob Sutton as Defensive Coordinator What do you all think? I like it for now until I hear if he wants the 3-4 or the 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    This ^^.

We have spent 4 years worth of high draft picks putting together the pieces for a 3-4 defense. To switch back now would be a big waste in my opinion.
    +1. It would also be fixing something that isn't broken, which never bodes well.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I mean 3 different head coaches have kept him on staff there. To me that's a good sign.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    It would have been nice if clark would have got involved sooner than he did. I like this pace we are on.

Yes it would have been good for him to get involved sooner.

Like them or not, we can give credit for his involvement to the crazies that flew the banner. Those guys showed Clark, and the rest of the football world what kind of a joke the Chiefs have/had become.

I may add I did not agree with any of that kind of action, but I give credit where credit is due.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Yes it would have been good for him to get involved sooner.

Like them or not, we can give credit for his involvement to the crazies that flew the banner. Those guys showed Clark, and the rest of the football world what kind of a joke the Chiefs have/had become.

I may add I did not agree with any of that kind of action, but I give credit where credit is due.
    If he would have got involved sooner what was he going to do fire the HC and promote one of the assistants as interm, have the interm win games then have the quandary he had with Crennel or just wait until the end of season to do it right?

I do not think the "crazies" really had a thing to do with it. You don't think he knew the team stunk when we end up with the #1 pick in the draft? Or the empty seats on game day? Or the comments most commentators were making? Or the drop in revenue? Maybe not in ticket sales because they were season ticket holders, but when you are missing 20,000 people from stands that is around 5,000 cars at $27 each equals $135,000? Say those 20,000 only bought one drink and one thing to eat that is $120,000 every game right and I bet parking and concessions dropped at least 1/2 million a game. Lets say that was only the last 4 home games we are looking at $2 million. He also has to expect a big drop in season tickets sales for 2013 if he did not do something, the fans staying home even though they had a ticket and leaving a stands not full told him that.

If you truly believe the "crazies" are what did it I have some land to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    This ^^.

We have spent 4 years worth of high draft picks putting together the pieces for a 3-4 defense. To switch back now would be a big waste in my opinion.

true but we have made so many poor choices we can still go either way
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    true but we have made so many poor choices we can still go either way
    ^^THIS is exactly what needs to be corrected by the new regime & why I'm hopeful that John Dorsey becomes the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ^^THIS is exactly what needs to be corrected by the new regime & why I'm hopeful that John Dorsey becomes the GM.
    ESPN just broke that Dorsey is the CHIEFS NEW GM!!!!!!!!!!

I love long-tenured coaches. Don't know hardly anything about Sutton. I like his resume, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    ESPN just broke that Dorsey is the CHIEFS NEW GM!!!!!!!!!!
    FLIPPIN' SWEET !! And it's just been posted at NFL.com

It's said that he's done a heck of job scouting for the Pack & the Chiefs could certainly use some excellence in the scouting and player talent evaluation that hasn't been seen in ages.

Crossing fingers on this.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    FLIPPIN' SWEET !! And it's just been posted at NFL.com

It's said that he's done a heck of job scouting for the Pack & the Chiefs could certainly use some excellence in the scouting and player talent evaluation that hasn't been seen in ages.

Crossing fingers on this.
    Yeah I have heard he is THE guy when it comes to evaluating talent.

Remember when I said Clark didn't give a rats arse I was wrong, Clark Hunt means business and he wants to win. Soooo happy to be wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast