Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: chefs hire Dorsey

Default chefs hire Dorsey

It's official. Zero management experience. One and only job in NFL college scout.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    dont get it twisted reid is running this team. dorsey was brought in for his excellant scouting skills
    Not quite. Dorsey will have some say regarding player/personnel decisions. Clark has already said so. Both the HC and GM will be reporting to Clark. Nobody is being given the power that Pioli had before.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    dont get it twisted reid is running this team. dorsey was brought in for his excellant scouting skills

Hope its a little closer to 50/50 than that.
    Some of Reid's picks when it was all on him were not so good.

Don't like the Dorsey hire read this to learn a little about him before passing judgement, after reading it I like it almost as much as, if not more than the Reid hiring.

Like others have stated, he's got scouting skills. That is what we have not had. Green Bay has been in the mix how long? They lost B. Favre and still won a superbowl. Seems like they always have plug and play players to me. If he scouted Aaron Rogers that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Don't like the Dorsey hire read this to learn a little about him before passing judgement, after reading it I like it almost as much as, if not more than the Reid hiring.
    From the article:

In the last 21 years, under Wolf and Thompson as general manager, the Packers have had 17 winning seasons, made 15 playoff appearances and won two Super Bowls.“Those,” Harlan said, “are the gentlemen (Dorsey) has learned under.”

I'm already getting excited for this coming year! Clark, my hat's off to you son!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    From the article:

In the last 21 years, under Wolf and Thompson as general manager, the Packers have had 17 winning seasons, made 15 playoff appearances and won two Super Bowls.“Those,” Harlan said, “are the gentlemen (Dorsey) has learned under.”

I'm already getting excited for this coming year! Clark, my hat's off to you son!

Tell me about it, I also like how he said he

"Dorsey has another characteristic that will be just as important in Kansas City. Though requests to speak to Dorsey were declined by the Chiefs, he’s regarded as a people person, unlike the man he is replacing in Kansas City, the unapproachable Scott Pioli."
    “One of the things that’s going to be very appealing in Kansas City is John’s personality,” said Harlan. “He’s very down to earth. The fans will take to him in a hurry. He’s great in the office, he’s great in the locker room."

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    From the article:

.BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE! We live it!

Woohoo the reaching days are over.

I like the Dorsey hire. I don't think he is going to be the powerful GM that SP or CP were, but I don't think he wants to be either. He doesn't seem to have that big ego thing going on. He seems to know scouting and know talent and those seem to be the things he really wants to do. I think that between Reid and Dorsey we have a really good team.

I'm very excited about this hire. Can't believe we are ginna have someone competent enough to actually scout true talent instead of someone who thinks they're gonna find the next Brady type player by reaching for people you could have got in a later round. Great article on him btw. Fo Chiefs!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Go Chiefs
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast