Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Nick Foles/Chip Kelly

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

    Default Nick Foles/Chip Kelly


    0 Not allowed!
    With Chip Kelly becoming the new head coach of the Eagles, that could mean the end of Nick Foles' career in Philadelphia. He absolutely does not fit the Chip Kelly offensive system. He does however fit the Andy Reid system and has the tools to become a potential franchise QB. Interesting trade possibility there. Also, Mel Kiper (for what it's worth - don't laugh) projects NO QBs going in the first round in his mock draft. Now that's a little ridiculous, but saying that none would have top 10 pick grades might be a bit more reasonable. I see a trade down or drafting a non QB with the top pick and then taking one in the 2nd round, or a trade up with the 2nd round pick for a QB. Foles or Kolb plus a rookie taken in the latter part of the first round or early 2nd round that Reid identifies as his guy, could be a good combination.

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SW Oklahoma
    Posts
    242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I hope that Geno blows everyone away at the combine, and all the other QBs suck. If there is only one QB that stands out this year,it makes the #1 pick that much more valuable, for trade down, or make it worth it for us to take Geno.

    Why does it have to be Geno ?
    If just one stands out and the rest don't doesn't matter who it is.

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    262
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FranciscoD'anconia View Post
    With Chip Kelly becoming the new head coach of the Eagles, that could mean the end of Nick Foles' career in Philadelphia. He absolutely does not fit the Chip Kelly offensive system. He does however fit the Andy Reid system and has the tools to become a potential franchise QB. Interesting trade possibility there. Also, Mel Kiper (for what it's worth - don't laugh) projects NO QBs going in the first round in his mock draft. Now that's a little ridiculous, but saying that none would have top 10 pick grades might be a bit more reasonable. I see a trade down or drafting a non QB with the top pick and then taking one in the 2nd round, or a trade up with the 2nd round pick for a QB. Foles or Kolb plus a rookie taken in the latter part of the first round or early 2nd round that Reid identifies as his guy, could be a good combination.
    I certainly hope the Chiefs trade down and not reach with the #1 pick. Foles might be alright for a stop gap, but not Kolb. He has shown nothing.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,102
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 131

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Nick Foles availability will probably be decided in the next week or two. Mike Vick is guaranteed 3 mil for next year if he is on the Eagles roster still on Feb 6th. So if he doesnt get cut, traded or restructure by then, the Eagles are taking a big hit financially.

    Source: Chip Kelly, Mike Vick meet, no resolution imminent | ProFootballTalk

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    To be honest, I think Foles is more than a stop gap. Don't be fooled by the 3rd round pick thing. A) it was one of the strongest QB drafts ever and B) he only slipped because he doesn't run well and that's the trend now. In an Andy Reid offense, you don't have to run well and he has everything else - accuracy, size, arm strength, leadership, goes through his progressions and makes the right reads, etc...

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,191
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 684

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FranciscoD'anconia View Post
    To be honest, I think Foles is more than a stop gap. Don't be fooled by the 3rd round pick thing. A) it was one of the strongest QB drafts ever and B) he only slipped because he doesn't run well and that's the trend now. In an Andy Reid offense, you don't have to run well and he has everything else - accuracy, size, arm strength, leadership, goes through his progressions and makes the right reads, etc...
    Would Philly part with him? Understand where you're coming from when you say that he's not a "Chip Kelly" type of guy, but I would still think that Vick would be the more expendable of the two. If Reid set his gunsights on Foles, would think that Philly's front office would see that coming from a mile away and want us to pay a dear price for him.

    There's a clip of him playing the Patriots on youtube (unfortunately NSFW because of the eminem song, or I would've posted a link) and he looks great.

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    It's possible that Philly parts with all of their QBs, just like KC will probably part with all of their QBs. Vick is too old to run the Chip Kelly offense and neither Foles nor Edwards have the speed to run it. Now, that having been said, they're not going to give Foles away for nothing. He probably has late first round value, so you'd have to give something up.

    Also, the article, while is was very good, almost under sold him a few times. For example the "bad offensive line" was mentioned along with the injuries to Jackson, McCoy and Avant. He didn't mention that the offensive line had 4 out of 5 starters out for the year with injuries. Also didn't mention that the reliable (almost pro bowl level) TE Brent Celek was out too. Also, I think he mentioned the "7 games Foles played in" and "McCoy was out for 4 games and Jackson out for 3". If you include the games they were injured, it was actually not 3 and 4 out of 7, it was more like 3.5 and 4.5 out of 6.5. I mean, Foles really had NOTHING to work with. The reason he had to throw so much was because they were down all the time, which means the other team knew they were throwing. He really did play quite well.

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,099
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 752

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FranciscoD'anconia View Post
    It's possible that Philly parts with all of their QBs, just like KC will probably part with all of their QBs. Vick is too old to run the Chip Kelly offense and neither Foles nor Edwards have the speed to run it. Now, that having been said, they're not going to give Foles away for nothing. He probably has late first round value, so you'd have to give something up.

    Also, the article, while is was very good, almost under sold him a few times. For example the "bad offensive line" was mentioned along with the injuries to Jackson, McCoy and Avant. He didn't mention that the offensive line had 4 out of 5 starters out for the year with injuries. Also didn't mention that the reliable (almost pro bowl level) TE Brent Celek was out too. Also, I think he mentioned the "7 games Foles played in" and "McCoy was out for 4 games and Jackson out for 3". If you include the games they were injured, it was actually not 3 and 4 out of 7, it was more like 3.5 and 4.5 out of 6.5. I mean, Foles really had NOTHING to work with. The reason he had to throw so much was because they were down all the time, which means the other team knew they were throwing. He really did play quite well.

    This is a stretch and highly unlikely, but what IF the Eagles offered Foles for a swap of the #1 and #4 overall positions? Thoughts? Good idea or do you think it sucks?

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,192
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    This is a stretch and highly unlikely, but what IF the Eagles offered Foles for a swap of the #1 and #4 overall positions? Thoughts? Good idea or do you think it sucks?
    I would be for it knowing that they would take Geno and stop the Raiders from getting him.

  10. #29
    Member Since
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I would do it in a heartbeat. I would probably take a QB with the 2nd round pick for depth. I wouldn't take Geno, or any QB at 4. IMO, Foles is better than any QB in this draft. I know it sounds ridiculous because he was a 3rd round pick, but A) it was a much better draft and a much better QB draft and B) he slipped and should never have gotten drafted that low.

  11. #30
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    This is a stretch and highly unlikely, but what IF the Eagles offered Foles for a swap of the #1 and #4 overall positions? Thoughts? Good idea or do you think it sucks?
    I'd do that trade in a heart beat. I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today.

    Quote Originally Posted by FranciscoD'anconia View Post
    I would do it in a heartbeat. I would probably take a QB with the 2nd round pick for depth. I wouldn't take Geno, or any QB at 4. IMO, Foles is better than any QB in this draft. I know it sounds ridiculous because he was a 3rd round pick, but A) it was a much better draft and a much better QB draft and B) he slipped and should never have gotten drafted that low.
    Foles would be the first QB off the board if he came out this year instead of last year. I don't know if he'd be worth the #1 pick, but DEFINITELY worth a 2nd round pick (which is what the Chiefs would essentially be losing in draft value from #1 to #4).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My HC Endorsement:Chip Kelly
    By Dick Richards in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 07:58 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 02:26 AM
  3. Red Chip & Blue Chip Rankings; Some Love for a few Chiefs!
    By Jrudi in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 03:31 PM
  4. Chiefs sign Kelly Gregg to one year deal!
    By OPLookn in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 10:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •