Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nick Foles/Chip Kelly

Default Nick Foles/Chip Kelly

With Chip Kelly becoming the new head coach of the Eagles, that could mean the end of Nick Foles' career in Philadelphia. He absolutely does not fit the Chip Kelly offensive system. He does however fit the Andy Reid system and has the tools to become a potential franchise QB. Interesting trade possibility there. Also, Mel Kiper (for what it's worth - don't laugh) projects NO QBs going in the first round in his mock draft. Now that's a little ridiculous, but saying that none would have top 10 pick grades might be a bit more reasonable. I see a trade down or drafting a non QB with the top pick and then taking one in the 2nd round, or a trade up with the 2nd round pick for a QB. Foles or Kolb plus a rookie taken in the latter part of the first round or early 2nd round that Reid identifies as his guy, could be a good combination.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I would be for it knowing that they would take Geno and stop the Raiders from getting him.
    Agreed. And Foles is further ahead of the learning curve with Andy Reid than any QB they could draft.

Quote Originally Posted by FranciscoD'anconia View Post
    I would do it in a heartbeat. I would probably take a QB with the 2nd round pick for depth. I wouldn't take Geno, or any QB at 4. IMO, Foles is better than any QB in this draft. I know it sounds ridiculous because he was a 3rd round pick, but A) it was a much better draft and a much better QB draft and B) he slipped and should never have gotten drafted that low.
    I'm not sure I'd go QB with the 2nd rounder IF this scenario played out because there are going to be a group of talented WR's probably available at #34 & the Chiefs really need a playmaker there. I'd be more inclined to wait till Round 3.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'd do that trade in a heart beat. I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today.

Foles would be the first QB off the board if he came out this year instead of last year. I don't know if he'd be worth the #1 pick, but DEFINITELY worth a 2nd round pick (which is what the Chiefs would essentially be losing in draft value from #1 to #4).
    A quality QB is worth a 2nd round pick or trading down 3 slots ALWAYS.

Since we are thinking this thought, maybe the Chiefs brass is thinking it also.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-19-2013 at 02:37 PM.

As long as KC drafts another qb to add some depth, I'd go for that. But the big question is this...Would the Eagles? Is there anyone in this draft that are a MUST have for the Eagles? If it's not a must have for them, it puts them in a good position to jack up the price.

I can see the Eagles trading him for his market value, whatever that is. Would that be swapping #1 for #4 and Foles? Would it be the Chief's 2nd round pick for Foles? A player for a player? But I could see them making a deal. He doesn't fit what Kelly does.

I emailed a sports writer (from the Philly area) about the idea of trading for Foles, specifically trading firsts. He said that he can see it happening, but we would probably only need to give up our 3rd to get him.

Also, FYI, if you put any stock into the draft value chart, then moving back 3 spots is worth something close to a mid first round pick.

A third only? WOW, that would be a steal. As an Eagles fan, I would not want that. As a new Chiefs fan I would. Do you remember who the reporter was? I probably have corresponded with him myself.

Great they get hungry HC.. we get f'd in head HC.

Quote Originally Posted by FranciscoD'anconia View Post
    I can see the Eagles trading him for his market value, whatever that is. Would that be swapping #1 for #4 and Foles? Would it be the Chief's 2nd round pick for Foles? A player for a player? But I could see them making a deal. He doesn't fit what Kelly does.
    As far as player for player, what would KC have that Philly would want? The main things I see would be JC and our linebacker corps...And if we lost either one, it'd be a long season.

Well trade em Cassel and Quinn for Foles!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    Well trade em Cassel and Quinn for Foles!
    We swap our firsts, seconds and thirds for Foles and they take Cassel and Stanzi, Quinn is a UFA.

Living in Tucson and being an Arizona Wildcat football season ticket holder, I watched every game Foles played. I was really hoping the Chiefs would draft him. I also really wanted the Chiefs to draft Gronkowski.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast