Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o Lied about his "dead" Girlfriend

Default Manti Te'o Lied about his "dead" Girlfriend

I've seen a lot of people question Geno Smith's character for flashing a gang sign at heckling fans. Here we have Te'o who led the whole nation on believing that he really lost his girlfriend to cancer. What a dirtbag.

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

What a douchebag.
    Bama showed he's not a top ten/twenty pick anyway.

Roll Tide and Boomer Sooner. Yeah i know , OU was over rated this year and they will be until Stoops gets both lines fixed and the linebackers too.

Quote Originally Posted by swochief View Post
    What a douchebag.
    Bama showed he's not a top ten/twenty pick anyway.

Roll Tide and Boomer Sooner. Yeah i know , OU was over rated this year and they will be until Stoops gets both lines fixed and the linebackers too.
    Seems like an elaborate story to make the Heisman voters sympathize with you.

Maybe. Its pathetic.
    WTF was he thinkin ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I've seen a lot of people question Geno Smith's character for flashing a gang sign at heckling fans. Here we have Te'o who led the whole nation on believing that he really lost his girlfriend to cancer. What a dirtbag.

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax
    Like I've said before, EVERYONE has done something they aren't proud of. That's why I think it's silly to harp on something over and over about it when it's done and over. This goes for Smith and Te'o. Now, if they continue screwing up, then that's just the way they are.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if when they start digging, they find out he had an agent who came up with this plan. Which also means more backlash from NCAA.

Good news, if this really was a hoax by him, maybe he drops into the second round? I wouldn't mind taking him in the second and letting Gibbs coach him up a little and teach him some discipline.

Heartbreak. Few heroes left man. Simply heartbreak. That SI article sealed it for me and talk about ****ty journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Like I've said before, EVERYONE has done something they aren't proud of. That's why I think it's silly to harp on something over and over about it when it's done and over. This goes for Smith and Te'o. Now, if they continue screwing up, then that's just the way they are.

I agree completely

I find it funny that some who talked about rushing to judgement with Geno are now rushing to judgement. There are reports that Teo didn't no that she wasn't real. Lets wait to see how it plays out and what excatly happened before we judge.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Have y'all actually heard the responses from Notre Dame and Te'o? He didn't lie about the relationship... he was conned into a hoax. I feel sorry for the guy. Ever seen the movie "Catfish" or the TV series on MTV? If you haven't watch it. People fall in love every day on the internet and over the phone. I don't think this is a stain on him at all. It's just really ****ty that there are people out there that do these kinds of things to other people.

Do yourself a favor and actually figure out wtf you're talking about before trying to trash someone... it just makes yourself look idiotic and quite frankly, like an *******.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Have y'all actually heard the responses from Notre Dame and Te'o? He didn't lie about the relationship... he was conned into a hoax. I feel sorry for the guy. Ever seen the movie "Catfish" or the TV series on MTV? If you haven't watch it. People fall in love every day on the internet and over the phone. I don't think this is a stain on him at all. It's just really ****ty that there are people out there that do these kinds of things to other people.

Do yourself a favor and actually figure out wtf you're talking about before trying to trash someone... it just makes yourself look idiotic and quite frankly, like an *******.
    I'm also waiting to see what the outcome of this was, but i find it hard to see a scenario where at some point he didn't make the decision to lie about it to the media and was sticking to the lie. Maybe he was blackmailed (which personally makes me question how tough mentally he is), maybe he was in on it.

Either way, I think it drops his draft value. The question will be whether it drops him to the second round. If so, I would be looking strongly at him in the 2nd, depending on what we do in the first.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast