Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nick Foles/Chip Kelly

Hybrid View

Default Nick Foles/Chip Kelly

With Chip Kelly becoming the new head coach of the Eagles, that could mean the end of Nick Foles' career in Philadelphia. He absolutely does not fit the Chip Kelly offensive system. He does however fit the Andy Reid system and has the tools to become a potential franchise QB. Interesting trade possibility there. Also, Mel Kiper (for what it's worth - don't laugh) projects NO QBs going in the first round in his mock draft. Now that's a little ridiculous, but saying that none would have top 10 pick grades might be a bit more reasonable. I see a trade down or drafting a non QB with the top pick and then taking one in the 2nd round, or a trade up with the 2nd round pick for a QB. Foles or Kolb plus a rookie taken in the latter part of the first round or early 2nd round that Reid identifies as his guy, could be a good combination.

Quote Originally Posted by FranciscoD'anconia View Post
    With Chip Kelly becoming the new head coach of the Eagles, that could mean the end of Nick Foles' career in Philadelphia. He absolutely does not fit the Chip Kelly offensive system. He does however fit the Andy Reid system and has the tools to become a potential franchise QB. Interesting trade possibility there. Also, Mel Kiper (for what it's worth - don't laugh) projects NO QBs going in the first round in his mock draft. Now that's a little ridiculous, but saying that none would have top 10 pick grades might be a bit more reasonable. I see a trade down or drafting a non QB with the top pick and then taking one in the 2nd round, or a trade up with the 2nd round pick for a QB. Foles or Kolb plus a rookie taken in the latter part of the first round or early 2nd round that Reid identifies as his guy, could be a good combination.

Kiper really has no first round qb's in his 1st mock ? Your right that is a bit ridiculous. Still its his first one , it will change once or twice more before draft day.

I wouldn't mind getting Foles , he's another one i was hoping the Chiefs would get the last year or two.

They still need to pick one up early 2nd or move back into the later half of the first and get one.

Who did Kiper have KC takin w/ the first ?

I think Joekel, but he said "They should trade down".

I'd be okay w/ Joekel or the trade.
    If they take the tackle they would have some leverage for possible trades as they would have 3 left tackles.
    I believe Stephenson will an above average one. He showed some flashes of it this year and i like his agressiveness there.
    I'm an OU fan and i really didn't think he would make it from watching college ball but i do now.

Quote Originally Posted by swochief View Post
    I'd be okay w/ Joekel or the trade.
    If they take the tackle they would have some leverage for possible trades as they would have 3 left tackles.
    I believe Stephenson will an above average one. He showed some flashes of it this year and i like his agressiveness there.
    I'm an OU fan and i really didn't think he would make it from watching college ball but i do now.
    I did watch Stephenson drive Broncos LB Keith Brooking completely off the field on the Chiefs 2nd Offensive play from scrimmage in the game at KC, so it's like you said, he can be aggressive and nasty.

It's going to depend on what the new regime thinks of Stephenson, more so than Albert, as to what they do with that 1st overall pick.

Supposedly Chip Kelly is able to adapt. But I see a scenario where he signs Vick as a bridge, drafts Geno and offers Foles for a trade.

So, how about this hypothetical scenario - we swap 1st rounders with Philly (4th pick) and get Foles, their 2nd round pick (and a couple late round picks).

Or, we swap 1sts for Asomugha (his contract may make him more difficult to bring on board) and Foles.

We then have the ability to truly take the BPA (whether Dorsey thinks that is a ILB, OLB, OL, DL, CB, etc), as we have filled the holes at QB and CB.

I don't know how likely these trades are from the Philly end, so feel free to provide constructive criticism.

And yes, I realize Asomugha was ranked very poorly last year, but he is best as a man to man CB and they had him playing zone a lot last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Supposedly Chip Kelly is able to adapt. But I see a scenario where he signs Vick as a bridge, drafts Geno and offers Foles for a trade.

So, how about this hypothetical scenario - we swap 1st rounders with Philly (4th pick) and get Foles, their 2nd round pick (and a couple late round picks).

Or, we swap 1sts for Asomugha (his contract may make him more difficult to bring on board) and Foles.

We then have the ability to truly take the BPA (whether Dorsey thinks that is a ILB, OLB, OL, DL, CB, etc), as we have filled the holes at QB and CB.

I don't know how likely these trades are from the Philly end, so feel free to provide constructive criticism.

And yes, I realize Asomugha was ranked very poorly last year, but he is best as a man to man CB and they had him playing zone a lot last year.

As long as they still grab one of the top qb's( Wilson would be ideal) i'd be good w/ that.

I'd also like for them to grab a qb every year in the first 3 rounds for at least the next three years or till they it right.

Quote Originally Posted by swochief View Post
    As long as they still grab one of the top qb's( Wilson would be ideal) i'd be good w/ that.

I'd also like for them to grab a qb every year in the first 3 rounds for at least the next three years or till they it right.
    If they pulled that trade off, it would likely be because Reid was convinced that Foles would be a QBOTF in his offense and behind our OL (which is much better than Philly's). In that scenario, I would see them maybe picking up someone in the second, or third, to use as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    If they pulled that trade off, it would likely be because Reid was convinced that Foles would be a QBOTF in his offense and behind our OL (which is much better than Philly's). In that scenario, I would see them maybe picking up someone in the second, or third, to use as a backup.

I'd be good w/ a later qb pick too , for me T Wilson is best option.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast