View Poll Results: Who will the Chiefs draft?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

14 28.57%
  • Star Lotulelei (God forbid another DT)

2 4.08%
  • Luke Joeckel

14 28.57%
  • Trade down

19 38.78%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Who WILL the Chiefs select with the first pick?

Default Who WILL the Chiefs select with the first pick?

This is not who you want, this is who do you think the Chiefs will draft.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    just so i am clear, you want to draft a QB in the 1st round even if he is NOT considered to be a franchise QB and that u believe no QB beyond the 1st round is ever going to be good enuf to be a successful nfl QB and that it would be better to draft a bad QB than a solid player at any other position? it's a shame kaepernick or wilson will never make it in the nfl based on your draft system...we should let the niners and seahawks know they need better QBs.

No need for sarcasm my fellow chiefs fan friend.

I have never ever said or implied, (nor would I) that there can't be a very successful and future HOF qb drafted in the second round or any later rounds.

I think I was the first on this board to consistantly say(for years now) that the qb position was and remains to be our weakest. That means its our biggest need, and one that clearly has to be fixed in order to compete not just in the playoffs but also in our own division, and that we should draft at least two qb's in this years draft. History tells us, that earlier picks have a higher rate of success, therefore I say pick qb in our first pick, weather we trade or not, should be the best available qb. Preferrable 2 qb's out of the first three rounds.

I'm not saying we cant possible pick a qbotf in the 5th round. But history tells us thats not likely. Seems like we've tried that numerous times, and how has that worked for us.

We have other needs as well, but untill "under center" is fixed we are putting new tires on a truck that don't and wont have an engine.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    No need for sarcasm my fellow chiefs fan friend.

History tells us, that earlier picks have a higher rate of success, therefore I say pick qb in our first pick, weather we trade or not, should be the best available qb. Preferrable 2 qb's out of the first three rounds.
    The simple fact that they were drafted high doesn't make them a better QB. Historically speaking, they didn't draft a QB 1st overall that would have gone late 2nd to early 3rd round the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by HaliForPresident View Post
    The simple fact that they were drafted high doesn't make them a better QB. Historically speaking, they didn't draft a QB 1st overall that would have gone late 2nd to early 3rd round the year before.

I dont get it...........Historically speaking, they didn't draft a qb at all.

Bottom line is nothing will change unless we do get a new qb via draft or fa.

If we dont get the best qb available we dont give the team the best chance to win. I want at least two of our first three picks to be qbs. We have to change this trend or we end up with the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    You can't just do the same thing year after year after year and expect different results. There is a term for that.
    If by that statement you mean we can't continue to reach in the draft, I agree like most of the last 8 years of so. But I know that is not what you are saying.

We have reached too much in the recent past everyone thinks we have been drafting a player 10-20 spots before they were slotted.

I would rather draft someone that can play for the next 5-10 years than an experimental QB with the first pick and get a QB somewhere else. If we reach for a QB with the first pick and he fails next year we will be in the same boat as now, looking at drafting a QB and that means the first pick this year was a waste, or we can draft the BPA and be looking for a QB next year also, but we will have someone that is still valuable on the team.

If the scouts and coaches do not think there is a QBOTF in this draft we should not waste the first pick hoping the one we pick will turn into QBOTF.

If you guys think any of the top 4 QBs are going to be there after pick 15-20 you are crazy. Geno, Barkley, Wilson are definitely gone before the 2nd round. Bray and Glennon could easily go in the mid first as well. Look at how many teams need a QB this year.

I am sick and tired of using other people backup QBs to be our starter. Outside of Trent Green it has never worked here. NEVER. Plus, you can even argue that it didn't work with Trent either. But that blame lies solely on Vermeil for completely ignoring the defense with that idiot Gregg Robinson.

But hey, its the Chiefs. Same as it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I dont get it...........Historically speaking, they didn't draft a qb at all.

Bottom line is nothing will change unless we do get a new qb via draft or fa.

If we dont get the best qb available we dont give the team the best chance to win. I want at least two of our first three picks to be qbs. We have to change this trend or we end up with the same results.

we did draft todd blackledge #7 and how did that work out for us?
    although i still contend if he went to a differnt team with a better system he would have done better
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Don't shoot the messenger! Just an interesting analysis....

Scouting Geno Smith, Barkley, Wilson, and Glennon: A Metrics Breakdown - Arrowhead Pride

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567