View Poll Results: Who will the Chiefs draft?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geno Smith

14 28.57%
  • Star Lotulelei (God forbid another DT)

2 4.08%
  • Luke Joeckel

14 28.57%
  • Trade down

19 38.78%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Who WILL the Chiefs select with the first pick?

Default Who WILL the Chiefs select with the first pick?

This is not who you want, this is who do you think the Chiefs will draft.

Geeennnooo oooohhhh

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    Geeennnooo oooohhhh

I don't believe you actually think the CHIEFS will take him #1, you just like posting his name like that to stir things up!!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Geno or Wilson. I don't care. There will not be any decent QBs by our 2nd round pick. Neither is worthy of the first pick but nobody in this draft is worthy of it either. Our first pick needs to cover the one GLARING HOLE on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Geno or Wilson. I don't care. There will not be any decent QBs by our 2nd round pick. Neither is worthy of the first pick but nobody in this draft is worthy of it either. Our first pick needs to cover the one GLARING HOLE on this team.

that seems to be conflicting logic. no Qb is worthy of a first pick but lets take one anyway just because we really need a solid first round QB, which he is not but again lets take him to fill the need, which he won't cause he isn't worth it! i mean HUH!!!

FYI, the difference in percieved talent in the top 4 or 5 QBs is minimal so there will be about the same talent level available in the early 2nd round........according to the pundits. the ONLY reason geno is projected by some to go #1 to us, is because it is US, and it is assumed that we will not make a reach but a flying leap born out of desperation to get A QB not THE QB to solve our problem. NONE of these prognosticators however rate geno or barkley higher than 10th overall talent w/the majority having him no higher than 20th. so even tho they may be predicting we take him, none believe he is worth it! in other words they are a punch of horses potuties!!!
    it seems that w/the new regime ion place many are starting to change their mocks to a "best player available" scenario. it seems they believed our previous mgmt were horses potuties and would again draft accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    that seems to be conflicting logic. no Qb is worthy of a first pick but lets take one anyway just because we really need a solid first round QB, which he is not but again lets take him to fill the need, which he won't cause he isn't worth it! i mean HUH!!!

FYI, the difference in percieved talent in the top 4 or 5 QBs is minimal so there will be about the same talent level available in the early 2nd round........according to the pundits. the ONLY reason geno is projected by some to go #1 to us, is because it is US, and it is assumed that we will not make a reach but a flying leap born out of desperation to get A QB not THE QB to solve our problem. NONE of these prognosticators however rate geno or barkley higher than 10th overall talent w/the majority having him no higher than 20th. so even tho they may be predicting we take him, none believe he is worth it! in other words they are a punch of horses potuties!!!
    it seems that w/the new regime ion place many are starting to change their mocks to a "best player available" scenario. it seems they believed our previous mgmt were horses potuties and would again draft accordingly.

Thats a great idea! Lets do the norm and draft someone other than a qb in the first. We'll hope that there will still be a worthy starter left in the second, if not we can always pick up some washed up qb or two or three in the fa. Then we could be the joke of the nfl and go 2 and 14.

That sounds way to familiar.

If we dont change the way we do things, we are likely to end up with the same product. If we cant trade we should still get the best available qb, whoever that may be. QB has been our greatest need for 4 years and it still remains that way. Unless we draft a qb it will always be.

The way I see it is best case senario, we trade about 6 to 15 spots get a qb and an extra pick or two. We are not likely to get much for trading, nothing like the rams got.
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 01-31-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Thats a great idea! Lets do the norm and draft someone other than a qb in the first. We'll hope that there will still be a worthy starter left in the second, if not we can always pick up some washed up qb or two or three in the fa. Then we could be the joke of the nfl and go 2 and 14.

That sounds way to familiar.

If we dont change the way we do things, we are likely to end up with the same product. If we cant trade we should still get the best available qb, whoever that may be. QB has been our greatest need for 4 years and it still remains that way. Unless we draft a qb it will always be.

The way I see it is best case senario, we trade about 6 to 15 spots get a qb and an extra pick or two. We are not likely to get much for trading, nothing like the rams got.

just so i am clear, you want to draft a QB in the 1st round even if he is NOT considered to be a franchise QB and that u believe no QB beyond the 1st round is ever going to be good enuf to be a successful nfl QB and that it would be better to draft a bad QB than a solid player at any other position? it's a shame kaepernick or wilson will never make it in the nfl based on your draft system...we should let the niners and seahawks know they need better QBs.

I strongly believe that with the same exact players on this team if we played the same exact opponents as last season. We would have a way better record not 2-14. I'm not saying we make playoffs but with our coaching that we improved on, and our 6 pro bowlers, and rest of the team we at least have 6 wins. So I don't think we run and pick up a QB just cause we need one. Lets be smart and rebuild our team and not expect to play the Super Bowl next season but shoot for in in 2-3 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post

Yes, because there will ALWAYS be a Russel Wilson or Colin Kaepernick or Tom Brady available in the later rounds.

Hey, if we strike gold like that great but we can't just plan on striking gold either. This team needs a QB before anything else. Pick your QB and go with it. If it doesn't work out, you find one again next year or the year after that. I am sick and tired of this team always playing it safe while all the other teams are willing to take the risk to find their guy.

Picking a QB number 1 is no longer the detriment it used to be thanks to the new rookie wage scale. A bad pick doesn't set your team back years anymore.

You can't just do the same thing year after year after year and expect different results. There is a term for that.

look i would agree on picking a QB #1 if there was a QB that was head and shoulders above the rest, but that is not the case this year. worse case scenario is that we don't trade down and have to take a QB at 34 or trade back into the 1st to take one. we would still get a top tier QB. any of the top 4 are about the same talent level. geno does have a little higher potential overall but accuracy is about the same.

What number 1 pick?? SF will have ours for smith..unfortunately.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast