Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o Lied about his "dead" Girlfriend

Default Manti Te'o Lied about his "dead" Girlfriend

I've seen a lot of people question Geno Smith's character for flashing a gang sign at heckling fans. Here we have Te'o who led the whole nation on believing that he really lost his girlfriend to cancer. What a dirtbag.

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    I trust the media for the most part, unless it's dan rather reporting.
    I trust them about as far as I can throw them. They hear something from a cousin of a friend of a girl friend and just say unsubstantiated source just so they can say I got the scoop, they don't take the time to confirm the story.

I trust the media for the most part, unless it's dan rather reporting.
    really.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I trust them about as far as I can throw them. They hear something from a cousin of a friend of a girl friend and just say unsubstantiated source just so they can say I got the scoop, they don't take the time to confirm the story.

I agree whole heartedly w/ you on today's media.
    Some have even admitted to doing such things just so they can "BREAK" the story first.

I did jump this about Teo a little quick. Didn't see the part about him saying he did not know she wasn't real. Will admit i should have checked it or waited. We will see.

But thats exactly why an online relationship is pure fantasy till you meet the person in person.

Can we all just accept what happened instead of being conspiracy theorists?

He lied ok?

Wait geno is the only liar/thug... Wtf

Can we all just accept what happened instead of being conspiracy theorists?

He lied ok?
    Show me proof and I will be willing to. Some of us require proof not just one news report.

I take you back a number of years to the Duke Lacross case. Everyone thought those kids were guilty myself included it turned out it was a crooked D.A trying to make a name of himself. That happens sometime to. All we are saying is be fair let this play out. What's wrong with that.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    My big problem with it all is just when did it become okay for the media to not verify their stories? It is so bad that if one person says it to a media person it is taken as fact good or bad.

What I am talking about when the story first broke did anyone bother to check out anything in the story and now that it is being called a hoax have any of the media bothered to check anything out about it or are they just taking what someone says and running with it?
    No. From what I've seen everyone just went with it because it was a heart breaker paper seller. Those that did likely thought it would sell more, just go with it the others are. Differing dates, unchecked sources... still much to come out I would guess but yeah, pretty sick.

Personally, I think the media industry is a cut throat business. Thing could go many ways but if they need to white wash something somewhere they likely will.
    Last edited by KristofLaw; 01-16-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Show me proof and I will be willing to. Some of us require proof not just one news report.

I take you back a number of years to the Duke Lacross case. Everyone thought those kids were guilty myself included it turned out it was a crooked D.A trying to make a name of himself. That happens sometime to. All we are saying is be fair let this play out. What's wrong with that.

Because Te'o responded and said he was "duped." I don't understand how you can be duped about your girlfriend dying.

In an interview with ESPN for "College GameDay" on Oct. 2, Te'o said that Kekua's last words to him were "I love you." He also said that she was "the most beautiful girl I've ever met."

I mean really?

Let us get the tar boiling and pluck some chickens! Really, the story just came out, we do not know the facts. But let's all rush out and judge. I do not know the truth, but I would think that time will tell, so give time a chance to tell!

Because Te'o responded and said he was "duped." I don't understand how you can be duped about your girlfriend dying.
    I guess we'll have to see what truths come out, I have seen a couple articles stating the parents had said they met in Hawaii... not sure where the lie is in that but it's either coming from someplace or she existed. The truth will come out eventually in one form or another.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast