Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o Lied about his "dead" Girlfriend

Default Manti Te'o Lied about his "dead" Girlfriend

I've seen a lot of people question Geno Smith's character for flashing a gang sign at heckling fans. Here we have Te'o who led the whole nation on believing that he really lost his girlfriend to cancer. What a dirtbag.

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Because Te'o responded and said he was "duped." I don't understand how you can be duped about your girlfriend dying.
    It's not hard to understand. He said they had an online relationship there are thousands of those going on right now. There are so many dating sites out there it's not funny. with those come wackjobs who think it's funny to play with peoples emotions. Sadly in this world those things happen. I can't tell you that's what happened to Teo but those things happen so I can't say it didn't. I heard on my Chicago Sports station there's talk of the FBI doing an investgation on this matter. All I'm saying is lets not rush to judgement whatever happened to being inncoent till proven guilty?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Because Te'o responded and said he was "duped." I don't understand how you can be duped about your girlfriend dying.

In an interview with ESPN for "College GameDay" on Oct. 2, Te'o said that Kekua's last words to him were "I love you." He also said that she was "the most beautiful girl I've ever met."

I mean really?
    Yeah this whole thing stinks to high heaven. On one hand, did he lie? On the other, if he did not lie you would have to question his naivety. You're going national about a girl you have never met? Hmmmmmm.

Sure. Let the facts be fully disclosed before rushing to judgement. But look at it this way. The BEST case scenario is that he is the most gullible fool to almost win a Heisman, who has an imaginary girlfriend that he still feels comfortable exploiting on her deathbed... yes exploiting for sympathy even though he has never met her. Would any one of you commenting ever even think about doing something so stupid? The WORST case scenario is that he is a conscience-less sociopath. Either way it doesn't look good for this sad young man.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It's not hard to understand. He said they had an online relationship there are thousands of those going on right now. There are so many dating sites out there it's not funny. with those come wackjobs who think it's funny to play with peoples emotions. Sadly in this world those things happen. I can't tell you that's what happened to Teo but those things happen so I can't say it didn't. I heard on my Chicago Sports station there's talk of the FBI doing an investgation on this matter. All I'm saying is lets not rush to judgement whatever happened to being inncoent till proven guilty?

You live in Chicago? Really? Did you grow up in kc?

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Yeah this whole thing stinks to high heaven. On one hand, did he lie? On the other, if he did not lie you would have to question his naivety. You're going national about a girl you have never met? Hmmmmmm.

Exactly, we all know he knew the reality of the situation, if not at first then later and still did not come forward and reveal the truth.

Everyone has done things they regret, but this is awfully big, especially since his moral character was so highly regarded.

You live in Chicago? Really? Did you grow up in kc?
    I don't live in Chicago I live on the other side of Illinois. I was born in Southeast Missouri before the damn rams moved from LA and stuck with the Chiefs. I just get a chicago sports channel
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't live in Chicago I live on the other side of Illinois. I was born in Southeast Missouri before the damn rams moved from LA and stuck with the Chiefs. I just get a chicago sports channel

lol why not just go with the rams? For the most part the 2000's would of treated you pretty nice.

Even though I want the Chiefs to win a super bowl I want them to be exciting. The 2003 season was the most fun I have ever had in a season of football.

The 2003 season was the most fun I have ever had in a season of football.
    Until, of course, the dreaded Sports Illustrated Cover Curse.

lol why not just go with the rams? For the most part the 2000's would of treated you pretty nice.

Even though I want the Chiefs to win a super bowl I want them to be exciting. The 2003 season was the most fun I have ever had in a season of football.
    If I had a nickel for everytime I have heard that. I stuck with my team i have always stuck with all my teams and trust me the Chiefs,Cleveland Indians are really tough to watch at times. It's amazing I'm not depressed lol
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

This stuff exists:

1.) His dad saying she came out to Hawaii to hang out w/ them.

"'They started out as just friends,' Brian Te'o said. 'Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple. And we came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won't happen now.'"

2.) Te'o saying they met after a game in 2009.

3.) He dated this girl online for 3 years and never met her.

I don't know what the hell to believe. Either way, the guy carried on w/ this story months after her death.

Either way, they never skyped? They never met once in 3 years? She was in the hospital for a car wreck and he doesn't go see her? She is getting treatment for cancer and he never once visits his girlfriend? She dies and he doesn't go to the funeral? Really? What a terrible boyfriend.

I mean, you can be naive all you want, but this has shenanigans written all over it. And if he knew about it, then why the hell did he not come forward to clear his name about the whole thing. He was asked questions about it leading up to the BCS Championship. He didn't deny the relationship.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast