Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o Lied about his "dead" Girlfriend

Default Manti Te'o Lied about his "dead" Girlfriend

I've seen a lot of people question Geno Smith's character for flashing a gang sign at heckling fans. Here we have Te'o who led the whole nation on believing that he really lost his girlfriend to cancer. What a dirtbag.

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

This whole thing makes me sick as i have been a manti supporter. With that said, this comin from the wife, with an Internet relationship he very well was duped. That show catfish exposes people who Internet date for upto 3 years 6 months being the shortest. And the scams people pull on the Internet is amazing.

Example one. Drop dead gorgeous blonde, and boys she was hot, was talking to this "guy" on line for 2 years they never met and when she shows up to this "guys" house she finds out its an 18 yr old high school girl who kinda looks like a dude. So my wife says its entirely possible for them to have not met or have seen each other. But it also says incredibly naive incredibly low self esteem. HE IS NOT THE PERSON I THOUGHT HE WAS! But I think he may not come out of this looking as bad as we think. Someone scammed him.

But still how he hell are you gonna get the front page of sports illustrated and no fact checking be done. The media has to be held accountable here. Otherwise what's the point

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    This whole thing makes me sick as i have been a manti supporter. With that said, this comin from the wife, with an Internet relationship he very well was duped. That show catfish exposes people who Internet date for upto 3 years 6 months being the shortest. And the scams people pull on the Internet is amazing.

Example one. Drop dead gorgeous blonde, and boys she was hot, was talking to this "guy" on line for 2 years they never met and when she shows up to this "guys" house she finds out its an 18 yr old high school girl who kinda looks like a dude. So my wife says its entirely possible for them to have not met or have seen each other. But it also says incredibly naive incredibly low self esteem. HE IS NOT THE PERSON I THOUGHT HE WAS! But I think he may not come out of this looking as bad as we think. Someone scammed him.

But still how he hell are you gonna get the front page of sports illustrated and no fact checking be done. The media has to be held accountable here. Otherwise what's the point
    That Catfish show is nuts, and that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

Regardless of all this, I hope he was duped and didn't make up this elaborate story. The guy can still play. Who knows, maybe this drops him to where we can get him at a good price (though I imagine he's going to get ripped pretty hard in the locker room lol).

And now the fake dead girl is Tweeting. I'm telling you, this is the weirdest thing I have ever witnessed in my life. MIND. BLOWN.

https://twitter.com/LennayKay/status/291753867438325760

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    And now the fake dead girl is Tweeting. I'm telling you, this is the weirdest thing I have ever witnessed in my life. MIND. BLOWN.

https://twitter.com/LennayKay/status/291753867438325760
    Dude I get it. If this guy has this little self esteem he is not the mental giant I made him out to be. But seriously sports illustrated journalists are this bad. This is bad bad journalism. They are supposed to get both sides of the story. Ya dig! F**k the media they all suck!

I'm reading this guy's timeline and it does in fact look like he was duped.

I honestly feel bad for the guy, especially watching that Catfish show. You can't trust anyone on the internet. I just wish the guy would have come out on his own and said it and not left it to some "bad journalists" as nigeriannightmare says get their hands on it.

https://twitter.com/justinrmegahan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm reading this guy's timeline and it does in fact look like he was duped.

I honestly feel bad for the guy, especially watching that Catfish show. You can't trust anyone on the internet. I just wish the guy would have come out on his own and said it and not left it to some "bad journalists" as nigeriannightmare says get their hands on it.

https://twitter.com/justinrmegahan
    It's the sad world we live in these days. People just do these things for nothing but to take sick enjoyment out of it. It's why I said to let this play out before judging. Anyone can be one of these sickos you me anyone.

I think that he would have been to embarrassed to come out and tell the world this. He thought that enough time had passed he might have gotten away with it and very few would know. That's his mistake
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Dude I get it. If this guy has this little self esteem he is not the mental giant I made him out to be. But seriously sports illustrated journalists are this bad. This is bad bad journalism. They are supposed to get both sides of the story. Ya dig! F**k the media they all suck!
    That is exactly what I said earlier in the thread the media does not check out stories anymore they just want to scoop everyone else with the story, if they verified their flukey sources then they would not get the scoop because some other reporter would not check out the source and beat him to the scoop. The media is nothing but a big joke anymore. I used to read "Globe", "Enquirer" and standing in the checkout line at the store and laugh, now to me all media is the same saying whatever they think will sell their rags and don't care if they are right or wrong.

Don't feel bad. We were all believers in fat scott when we first hired him, and look how that turned out.

So first off we don't know how things went down and just who's accountable here at all. But someone is accountable for first a first identity theft of sorts on a non-existent person and then another theft of the poor woman's (assuming she has no hand in this) FaceBook and Instagram photos. Third he possibly caused a defamation of Manti Te'o had he no knowledgeable involvement in the sham.

These sound fairly possible to me at some point in the story but we really don't know who's involved yet. Speculation.

So here is what they are reporting here in Oahu, Hawaii (Manti's home island). He had the online/phone GF that he had never met. In Sept, the same day that his grandma died, he got a text from the GF's cellphone saying it was her brother and telling him she was dead.

On Dec 6th he got a call from the GF telling him she was alive and it was all a hoax.

On dec 28th he informed ND and they started an investigation.

So, according to this he knew about the hoax and eventually told the "authorities" which for a college football player would be the coaches.

So two possibilities: either he was gullible and overly trusting, which is VERY plausible for Hawaiians who rarely ever think people would intentionally do bad things, especially from the small Mormon community he came from. This is coming from someone who grew up in SoCal and has lived in Hawaii for 2 years and has many local friends who literally don't understand things like racism that occurs on the mainland.
    The other possibility is that this is a very calculated (mind you this "started" 3 years ago) and manipulative story.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast