Thread: andy heck will be o-line coach

Default andy heck will be o-line coach

Report: Andy Heck will be Chiefs offensive line coach

Posted by Josh Alper on January 16, 2013, 11:05 AM EST

Getty ImagesSince Andy Reid made his way to Kansas City, we’ve heard talk of both Juan Castillo and Tony Sparano as candidates to become the team’s offensive line coach.
    Based on a report from Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com, that will never progress beyond talk. Marvez reports that Andy Heck will join Reid’s staff to coach the team’s offensive linemen.
    Heck has spent the last seven years as the Jaguars’ offensive line coach, but was set free to look for other opportunities even before the team fired head coach Mike Mularkey last week. The Jaguars line helped Maurice Jones-Drew to a rushing title in 2011 and paved the way for the three biggest rushing seasons in franchise history during Heck’s tenure. He’s never worked with Reid, who employed just two offensive line coaches during his tenure with the Eagles.
    Heck spent 12 years in the NFL as a tackle with the Seahawks, Bears and Redskins. Should the Chiefs hold onto the first overall pick, left tackle Luke Joeckel could be on the list of players they consider selecting with the pick.

i am glad reid is thinking outside of his familiar coaching box as well as in it.

Andy Heck, the Seahawks' starting LT in 1990 when DT sacked the QB 7 times(almost eight dang it!)

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Andy Heck, the Seahawks' starting LT in 1990 when DT sacked the QB 7 times(almost eight dang it!)
    Let's hope that he's a MUCH, MUCH better O-Line coach than he was playing LT on that particular day.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Let's hope that he's a MUCH, MUCH better O-Line coach than he was playing LT on that particular day.
    I would say Harbaugh is a better coach than he was QB and with all the homework Cassel does I think he's gonna be a great coach. Has the will not the talent and you know what they say those who can not do teach.

in an interview dick vermeil was asked what is one of the most important parts of rebuliding a franchise. his answer. was to make sure you get a good o-line coach. i like the staff reid is putting together . another proven coach

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I would say Harbaugh is a better coach than he was QB and with all the homework Cassel does I think he's gonna be a great coach. Has the will not the talent and you know what they say those who can not do teach.
    What I remember if Jim Harbaugh as a qb was he was a gamer. He always played hard, wasn't always blessed with a good supporting cast. I remember that AFc chamionship game where the Colts list to Pit, came down to the last play, and I thought for a min the Colts were going to the SB. But he seems tI have taken his coaching to the next level. Not a team he built, but a team that has taken on his persona. I can't lie, I'm jealous of what the nines have now. Hopefully coach Reid will bring us out of mediocrity.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Wayne Gretzky was a terrible coach