Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Dream Trade: Post Yours #1 For What?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Someplace
    Posts
    1,261
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 121

    Lightbulb Dream Trade: Post Yours #1 For What?


    0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm, here's a question. Seeing as how we have the top draft pick just who would we be able to get in trade for the selection who's in the league now that would interest you?

    I believe many of you have a rough calculation of in comparison with player value. I don't have any of this offhand but who would you consider trying to land for the #1 pick or a draft and trade or some other scenario.

    Just curious. This could be an interesting thread.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    1,365
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    1st pick in draft who would i trade it for? Andrew luck or RG3, jj watt, collin kapernick, patrick willis, adrian pederson, arron rodgers, drew brees, any of the best young LT's, has to be a player that will be around for a long time and you can build around.

    Tom brady, payton manning both to old and would be around long enough to warrant a trade.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    1,365
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Though none of those would ever happen cuz if there that good their teams would never trade them away so if your asking what we could get then this thread is useless cuz no one would trade their franchise player away. But if your asking what i wish we cod trade for then youhave my answer above

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,248
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I could see trading down but not an outright trade for our #1 pick, no one in the draft right now is worth trading the player it would take to get the first pick. Maybe our #1 for Phillies #1 and Foles and some later pick or something like that.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    1st pick in draft who would i trade it for? Andrew luck or RG3, jj watt, collin kapernick, patrick willis, adrian pederson, arron rodgers, drew brees, any of the best young LT's, has to be a player that will be around for a long time and you can build around.

    Tom brady, payton manning both to old and would be around long enough to warrant a trade.


    I would still give up 3 drafts for Tom Brady, without question.

    Trade the first pick for Rodgers.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,770
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'd like to trade the first pick to the Eagles for the 4th and 36th picks along with a 2nd round pick from '14. Eagles target Geno Smith.

    Then, I'd trade the 4th pick to the Jets for the 9th pick and the 41st pick. Jets Target Jarvis Jones

    Then, I'd trade the 9th pick to the Steelers for the 17th pick and the 49th pick. Steelers target Eric Reed.

    With the 17th pick, I'd take a QB assuming one of the top 4 are still on the board.

    Chiefs would have 5 picks of top 49 players in this draft... that's a big deal.

    Perhaps this haul could include a QB, ILB, CB, DE, and a WR.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,643
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 122

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I could see the eagles Trading up and grabbing the OL from A&M because i believe their OL was the reason they sucked last year, nobody could be a QB behind that line.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,588
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 163

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I could see the eagles Trading up and grabbing the OL from A&M because i believe their OL was the reason they sucked last year, nobody could be a QB behind that line.
    True, but according to Francisco the former Philly fan, the Eagles OL was poor because they lost 5 guys to injury early in the season and for the whole season.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,643
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 122

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well then, AZ OL was pretty bad as well

  10. #10
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'd like to trade the first pick to the Eagles for the 4th and 36th picks along with a 2nd round pick from '14. Eagles target Geno Smith.

    Then, I'd trade the 4th pick to the Jets for the 9th pick and the 41st pick. Jets Target Jarvis Jones

    Then, I'd trade the 9th pick to the Steelers for the 17th pick and the 49th pick. Steelers target Eric Reed.

    With the 17th pick, I'd take a QB assuming one of the top 4 are still on the board.

    Chiefs would have 5 picks of top 49 players in this draft... that's a big deal.

    Perhaps this haul could include a QB, ILB, CB, DE, and a WR.
    While I really like your analogy here, I think if the Chiefs trade all the way back to 17, the good QBs will be gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •