Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manti teo stock falling fast

Default Manti teo stock falling fast

Ok i was against teo before... Now for you all screaming teo froom the roof top...sorry. But with the floor disapearing below him he will be a 3rd round pick id say just a guessestament. At that point i feel kc could have filled there qb spot, lt should be solved, wr i feel theyll fix in free agency, taking teos talent with this new found red tape in the 3rd would be another 1st rd talen we took in there third alot like justin houston. All beit different red tape

I still say mid to late first.

I don't think people were "screaming teo froom the roof top". They were saying they should look at him and anyone else that is rated in the top of the draft and not take a QB if none are rated in the top 15 just because he is a QB.

Given the fact the that Alabama made him look like a punk on the field. I would not take him with the first over all, but would be hard pressed to believe he would make it past our second pick Given the fact his postion is possibly a postion of need depending on the defensive scheme and if the Chiefs truly draft based on the best available.

Depending on how he handles himself in interviews with Teams and truthfully explains what happened. Teams will sift through this story and either see he is a huge basket case or will probably see this as collge immaturity and will most likely not hurt his draft status to much.

To me it sounds like he was being screwed with by a girl who he met online. They got together, in Hawaii, in which she enjoyed her time there, but not him. His Grandma dies, he reaches out to her for support. She has friends tell him she also died so that she had an out instead of breaking up with him, he believes it, media coverage got out about it, Later finds out she is not dead and was dumped but was in to deep with support and attention to discredit that he was an idiot for not realizing he was just being dumped and when asked about it. Just kept going on with the story believing it all would disappear eventually. Now it has blown up in his face.

I have a hard time believing Te'o falls out of the first round right now. If he does, it may behoove the Chiefs to garner another early 2nd round pick by trading out of the #1 pick. If they can somehow trade the pick to the Eagles, they'll gain 1200 points in draft value. That will probably get the Chiefs the 36th pick in the draft and a 2nd round pick in next year's draft.

I think he will go late first. Talent is late first/early second worthy, intangibles elevated him to early/mid first.

Im reading he will fall a full round to mid 2nd, at that point kc could fill a huge void with what once was considered top 5 pick. Taking geno smith in the first and teo in the secound would fill two major needs with the ability to find matieu at cornerback in third to fourth pick. That could land us with three first round talents in three rounds

He was always a mid-late 1st rounder in my opinion.

Here's one scouts opinion:

"One NFL scout insisted to Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole that in-season talk of Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o being a potential top-five draft pick was never realistic.

"That crazy stuff you heard earlier about him being a top-five pick, that was all hype," said the NFC scout. "That's the TV, media, Notre Dame-driven hype. Inside linebackers, even great ones, don't go that high. Unless you're the next Dick Butkus or Ray Lewis and he's not that. He's not even as good as Jerod Mayo." Most NFL people consider Te'o a late first- to second-round talent. Added one NFC personnel man of the Te'o/fake girlfriend story, "From everything I can tell, he's a good kid and a good player. He didn't hurt anybody. It's just weird. Really, really weird.""

Source: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131037/manti-teo

No chance he drops out of the first round. Did you watch him play?

I would not mind him falling to KC in the second. They can use a slightly less crazy man next to DJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast