Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E.j manuel

Default E.j manuel

this kids draft status is going to rise after the senior bowl. obviously i dont think he is going in round one. but he definantly has talent to become a good qb in the nfl. he stands tall in the pocket, can scramble and has plenty of arm strength. he makes the deep throws as well as the short ones. so does anyone know why he isn't projected earlier

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    This is wrong. Joekel would get a $4m/yr contract for his rookie contract. If Albert would sign for that, I'd be all for it. That won't happen. Albert will be looking for almost twice that.

4 million per year???? That sounds kinda low, not saying you are wrong.

I know a lot has changed in the rookie pay, but a couple of years ago, I remember the Rams pick Sam Bradford and seems like they gave him a 6 year 78 million dollar contract 50 mil guarenteed. Plus with in centives.

Like I said things did and should have changed. Guess I need not be too lazy to search for myself.

Albert will want more then 4 mil per year, this is certain.

The new CBA has destroyed the rookie pay scale. There was a huge difference between what Bradford signed and what Luck signed. Here's a link that might help you understand what has changed between Bradford and Luck: http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/20...s-shrunk-video

The new CBA has destroyed the rookie pay scale. There was a huge difference between what Bradford signed and what Luck signed. Here's a link that might help you understand what has changed between Bradford and Luck: NFL draft: Why Andrew Luck's rookie salary has shrunk (+video) - CSMonitor.com

Thanks, It does say they can only sign 4 year deals, which would pay about 6 million per year and then teams have the option for a fith year and pay the average of the top 10 paid in that position.

But you are right, Joeckel would cost us less then Albert. I still dont like the idea of not getting a position of need with the first pick.

But on the cost of these two, I stand corrected, thanks.

Joekel would be a position of need if Albert isn't re-signed. Stephenson is a good backup OT. That's where he SHOULD be. He's not a franchise cornerstone player. If we HAVE to take a player at #1 overall, my picks would either be Joekel or Jarvis Jones. Put Hali or Houston at DE and let Jackson and Dorsey walk. We've also got Bailey and Pitoitua at the other DE spot as well. Jones draws Von Miller comparisons. Line him up opposite of Houston and you've got a ridiculous pass rushing combo for a long time.

Anyone wanna guess what Tamba Hali would fetch on the trade market? Would you do a trade to Philly for their first round pick AND Nick Foles? I think I'd pull the trigger on that one if we were to take Jarvis Jones with our first pick.

What if we traded Hali for the above mentioned package and also traded our #1 pick to Oakland for a swap of 1sts, their 1st in 2014, and a 2nd round pick? Oakland takes Geno Smith, Jax doesn't run a 3-4, so Jones won't go there and then the Chiefs get Jones at #3?

So, the Chiefs would turn Tamba Hali and their #1 pick into Nick Foles, #3, #4, a 2014 1st rd, and the 3rd pick in the 2nd round... would you do it?

Assuming Jacksonville didn't take Joekel at #2, the Chiefs could get Javis Jones at #3, and Luke Joekel at #4 with Nick Foles under center and still have the rest of their draft intact including 2 picks in the top 3 of the 2nd round. Think anyone would be interested in those 2 picks if the Chiefs decided they wanted to trade back into the 1st round?

By dropping or trading the salaries of Albert, Dorsey, Jackson, and Hali, and filling those holes with younger, cheaper, comparable talent, the Chiefs can concentrate those dollars elsewhere in free agency to help upgrade the team at key positions... like WR, CB, and safety. Letting Albert walk and filling the hole with Joekel is a net gain in dollars and probably talent. Trading Hali for the opportunity to draft Jones is a net gain in dollars and probably talent as well... not to mention perceived longevity in both scenarios.

Money saved could go get us Jairus Byrd, Gregg Jennings, or any other top free agent available who could fill holes on this team better than reaching in the draft at poor value.

I would be for it IF it would happen like that.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I would be for it IF it would happen like that.
    lol it's a VERY big "IF." They're just some of the ideas or options that could very well be on the table and just stating that it's "QB or bust" at #1 overall could be doing this franchise a very serious disservice, thus damaging the long-term outlook for the team as a whole... not just at one or two positions.

lol it's a VERY big "IF." They're just some of the ideas or options that could very well be on the table and just stating that it's "QB or bust" at #1 overall could be doing this franchise a very serious disservice, thus damaging the long-term outlook for the team as a whole... not just at one or two positions.
    Oh I agree with you 100% to say draft a QB with the first pick no matter what is just wrong. WE DO NOT need to reach with the first pick again like most of the last 6 years. Maybe if we can stop reaching we can get this franchise turned around.

Glenn Dorsey 5 Reach
    Branden Albert 15 Reach because he was a G no LT
    Tyson Jackson 3 Reach
    Eric Berry 5 Good
    Jonathan Baldwin 26 Don't remember
    Dontari Poe 11 Reach

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Oh I agree with you 100% to say draft a QB with the first pick no matter what is just wrong. WE DO NOT need to reach with the first pick again like most of the last 6 years. Maybe if we can stop reaching we can get this franchise turned around.

Glenn Dorsey 5 Reach
    Branden Albert 15 Reach because he was a G no LT
    Tyson Jackson 3 Reach
    Eric Berry 5 Good
    Jonathan Baldwin 26 Don't remember
    Dontari Poe 11 Reach
    I disagree on Dorsey. He was drafted to be a 4-3 DT, not a 3-4 DE. He was the consensus #1 player on the board and it was considered a steal that the Chiefs got him at #5. For what the Chiefs have gotten in terms of value for Albert, I think he was a good value pick at 15. But the results of all of those picks outside of Albert and Berry have seriously hurt this franchise. Bringing Pioli in as the new GM is what set this franchise back at least an additional 5 years AFTER the rebuild Edwards and Peterson had already been working on. Pioli because of his 3-4 mentality was the worst possible hire for this franchise.

I don't understand why Chiefs fans could even think about entertaining this idea. Revis is on the last year of his contract. He's on record to be asking for the largest contract EVER given to a defensive player. So, when Chiefs fans say that we should give our 1st round pick to NYJ for a 1 year player or a player that will require the 1st pick AND the largest defensive contract ever, all I can think is
    they have already stated that a long term deal would have to be agreed upon with revis if any trade were to happen. come on you really think anybody would give up any draft picks for a player that would be eligable to walk the very next season . nobody in there right mind would pull that trigger. as far as the biggest defensive contract ever. correct me if i am wrong isn't he consider one of. if not the best defensive players in the league. the dude takes half of the field away. not saying they should do the trade but they should entertain the possabilty of getting a true shut down cornerback(team need buy the way).if you only have to give up 1 pick. but i doubt clark opens his check book for that one

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but would it not make more sense to resign or franchise Albert, save our first pick, or trade it for more, and actually draft needs?

Its highly unlikely that Joeckel would improve this team next year, maybe in 2 or 3 years, as Albert will be aging and Joeckel would be getting into his prime. It also would not make sense finanially. As I understand Albert and Joeckel would require similar money. Albert has been in my opinion, a top 10 LT for several years and has not been getting paid like that. Possible a front loaded contract.

But like I said, maybe I'm missing something here. I would love to here of a reason why we should draft a lt.
    I'm not being sarcastic, I'm truely wanting to know what I'm missing.

albert is descent but buy any means is not great. you dont give average players pro bowl/all pro salaries if albert does not want to budge on his salarie. unfortuantly he will be shown the door. plain and simple comes down to money .and the fact albert has some weaknesses.if he leaves via free agency i guarantee he gets put back to guard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12