Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E.j manuel

Default E.j manuel

this kids draft status is going to rise after the senior bowl. obviously i dont think he is going in round one. but he definantly has talent to become a good qb in the nfl. he stands tall in the pocket, can scramble and has plenty of arm strength. he makes the deep throws as well as the short ones. so does anyone know why he isn't projected earlier

Manuel made poor decisions throwing into coverage and failed to see the entire field on several downfield passes if FSU's Nov. 24 loss to Florida, something that has plagued him throughout his career. He routinely held the ball too long in the pocket and seemed rattled by pressure, creating much concern among NFL teams about his ability to quickly read the defense, process and anticipate open windows.

Another one.

Weaknesses: Manuel will force throws into tight coverage sometimes relying on his strong arm too often. Manuel has a funky release at times that causes some of his medium to deep passes to flutter on him. Though he has the physical tools, he does not carry his team on his shoulders often enough when the need arises and needs more of a take charge attitude. He can be a little high on his dump off passes if he does not get his feet under him. He sometimes reacts late to defensive adjustments that cause incomplete passes, turnovers, or sacks. He needs to get better at looking off defenders and moving them with his eyes.

Final Thoughts: Manuel has all of the physical tools you look for in a first round NFL Draft prospect. He is being developed by one of the best quarterback coaches and offensive minds in college football in Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher. Who helped turn former Seminole quarterback Christian Ponder into a NFL first round pick. Manuel needs to improve at taking command of his team when they need plays to be made. Too often they have lost games they should have won by being too conservative and those are the moments he should have the ball put in his hands and make his presence known. Manuel needs work on some passing mechanics and footwork. He reminds me of Vince Young with better pocket awareness and pass accuracy. He can really improve his draft stock with strong showings in some big games late on his 2012 schedule.

Still another one - this one from his school

Weaknesses: It might seem strange consider he completed 68 percent of his passes this season, but accuracy is likely what NFL scouts won't like about his game. Manuel was never erratic with his throws, but he did have a tendency to overthrow receivers more than a few times per game. It also wasn't uncommon for receivers to have to slow up to adjust to his throws.

Where does he fit in the NFL?

Manuel certainly has the physical tools to play quarterback at the next level. If he gets drafted by a team that tailors its system around his physical tools, we wouldn't be all that surprised if he had great success at the pro level. Manuel may not be ready to be a starter right away and would certainly benefit by being selected by a team that is willing to allow him to take the time to adjust to life in the NFL as the No. 2 signal caller.

nice thanks for all the infotx dave. it seams to me he could make it in the nfl . i try not to get to cuaght up in all the draft experts. after all look at russell wilson andy dalton,tom brady,kaepernick,romo and even tannenhill. i guess you never know. yesterday at the senior bowl this qb was about the only one who seamed able to adapt to a new playbook. and get his team marching down the field on a consistent basis.

I could see Manuel as a 4th round pick... but I could also see him as a 7th round pick.

i wouldnt mind if the chiefs took him in the second round. used the number 1 pick to trade for revis or take the lt #1 overall. then draft this kid and have him compete against alex smith,nick foles or matt flynn for the starting job. i think andy reid could work his magic with him. as long as we get a solid prospect at qb and cassell and quin are gone

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i wouldnt mind if the chiefs took him in the second round. used the number 1 pick to trade for revis or take the lt #1 overall. then draft this kid and have him compete against alex smith,nick foles or matt flynn for the starting job. i think andy reid could work his magic with him. as long as we get a solid prospect at qb and cassell and quin are gone
    I don't understand why Chiefs fans could even think about entertaining this idea. Revis is on the last year of his contract. He's on record to be asking for the largest contract EVER given to a defensive player. So, when Chiefs fans say that we should give our 1st round pick to NYJ for a 1 year player or a player that will require the 1st pick AND the largest defensive contract ever, all I can think is

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post

Maybe I'm missing something here, but would it not make more sense to resign or franchise Albert, save our first pick, or trade it for more, and actually draft needs?

Its highly unlikely that Joeckel would improve this team next year, maybe in 2 or 3 years, as Albert will be aging and Joeckel would be getting into his prime. It also would not make sense finanially. As I understand Albert and Joeckel would require similar money. Albert has been in my opinion, a top 10 LT for several years and has not been getting paid like that. Possible a front loaded contract.

But like I said, maybe I'm missing something here. I would love to here of a reason why we should draft a lt.
    I'm not being sarcastic, I'm truely wanting to know what I'm missing.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but would it not make more sense to resign or franchise Albert, save our first pick, or trade it for more, and actually draft needs?

Its highly unlikely that Joeckel would improve this team next year, maybe in 2 or 3 years, as Albert will be aging and Joeckel would be getting into his prime. It also would not make sense finanially. As I understand Albert and Joeckel would require similar money. Albert has been in my opinion, a top 10 LT for several years and has not been getting paid like that. Possible a front loaded contract.

But like I said, maybe I'm missing something here. I would love to here of a reason why we should draft a lt.
    I'm not being sarcastic, I'm truely wanting to know what I'm missing.
    This is wrong. Joekel would get a $4m/yr contract for his rookie contract. If Albert would sign for that, I'd be all for it. That won't happen. Albert will be looking for almost twice that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast