Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thought the Raiders didn't want Geno?

Default I thought the Raiders didn't want Geno?

C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

If the Raiders are eyeing Geno it's all the more reason for us not to draft him. They have done an absolutely awesome job of evaluating QB talent....Sarcasm. Using the raiders as a team interested in any qb weakens any ones argument.

The raiders are an example of what not to do when it comes to drafting a qb. Carson Palme (they gave up a couple high picks for him), Jamarcus Russel, Terrell prior whom they haven't even given a chance. Yeah let's get Geno the raiders are interested.

Looks like a great trade partner to me!! I'd take their top 3 draft picks over Geno Smith any day of the week. Then flip their 2nd to Philly for Nick Foles and we still get to pick early in the 2nd with our own pick, not to mention pick up another 3rd... hell to the yes!!! Gawd, I hope the Raiders' GM is haunted by Al Davis' stupidity!!

Just a quick comparison:

Last year, the Redskins jumped from #6 in the draft to #2 in the draft. They gave up a swap of 1st round picks AND TWO future 1st round picks along with a 2nd round pick to make up the 1000 pt difference between the two picks.

If the Raiders wanted to jump from #3 overall to #1, they'd have to make up a difference of 800 points. That COULD be equal to what the Redskins gave St. Louis except instead of a 2nd round pick, the Chiefs would get a 3rd round pick.

If a trade down of 2 spots and and additional 2 first round picks along with an additional 3rd rounder is on the table, can you honestly say Geno Smith or ANY other QB in this draft is worth that kind of haul??

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Looks like a great trade partner to me!! I'd take their top 3 draft picks over Geno Smith any day of the week. Then flip their 2nd to Philly for Nick Foles and we still get to pick early in the 2nd with our own pick, not to mention pick up another 3rd... hell to the yes!!! Gawd, I hope the Raiders' GM is haunted by Al Davis' stupidity!!

Just a quick comparison:

Last year, the Redskins jumped from #6 in the draft to #2 in the draft. They gave up a swap of 1st round picks AND TWO future 1st round picks along with a 2nd round pick to make up the 1000 pt difference between the two picks.

If the Raiders wanted to jump from #3 overall to #1, they'd have to make up a difference of 800 points. That COULD be equal to what the Redskins gave St. Louis except instead of a 2nd round pick, the Chiefs would get a 3rd round pick.

If a trade down of 2 spots and and additional 2 first round picks along with an additional 3rd rounder is on the table, can you honestly say Geno Smith or ANY other QB in this draft is worth that kind of haul??
    I doubt anyone this years is going to value the top 2 picks as much as they did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I doubt anyone this years is going to value the top 2 picks as much as they did last year.
    The problem is that the Redskins set the bar. So if a team like Oakland wants to jump up this season, that trade is going to be the starting point. You're right... a trade from #3 or #1 probably won't net the Chiefs what it got St. Louis last year, but I don't think a swap plus next year's first and this year's 2nd is out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    If the Raiders are eyeing Geno it's all the more reason for us not to draft him. They have done an absolutely awesome job of evaluating QB talent....Sarcasm. Using the raiders as a team interested in any qb weakens any ones argument.

The raiders are an example of what not to do when it comes to drafting a qb. Carson Palme (they gave up a couple high picks for him), Jamarcus Russel, Terrell prior whom they haven't even given a chance. Yeah let's get Geno the raiders are interested.
    I understand what you are saying, but the OLD Raiders are died with Al Davis. They may be worse off, but I won't instantly jump on that wagon with you.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

Just a quick comparison:

When was the last time you saw someone make a trade of draft picks like this with our division rivals. I don't see this happening at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but the OLD Raiders are died with Al Davis. They may be worse off, but I won't instantly jump on that wagon with you.
    3 qb draft picks in five years is not something to emulate al Davis dead or not.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    3 qb draft picks in five years is not something to emulate al Davis dead or not.
    What happens if they hit on one?
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

the raiders are just preparing for a scenerio where smith falls to them at 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast