Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: draft geno

Default draft geno

should they? i think so. you have a kid with talent in geno smith. clearly he has more talent than the other qb's who are coming out. but more importantly we now have a coach who knows how to mold an nfl qb. the chiefs need to gamble on this one and just take him. here we go let the fire begin

And I don't want to see stats, I don't want to see comparisons, I don't need any of that. Nobody knows what these young guys are going to do. Andrew Luck coming into the league as an obvious NFL starter is the exception to the rule. He gets ridiculous pub for a reason- he's just freakishly, abnormally mature. Maybe there's a diamond in the rough, a 3rd or 4th round that has the guts and the intellect to be the next Tom Brady. Since there's no stat for guts, I'll use the statistical analysis more as a vague guideline than a measuring stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Not with the new rookie wage scale. If the QB we draft ultimately fails it doesn't set you back years like it used to. High draft picks are nowhere near the risk they used to be.
    YES it does set you back for years. Guys are not given 1 year to prove themselfs. They are given at least 2 if not 3 years. Picking the wrong QB will still set us back YEARS we have to make sure we get that pick right.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Career NFL stats as of week 17, 2012

Cassel 82-57 13495 80.4
    Smith 81-63 14280 79.1
    What are the first two numbers? Im assuming the 3rd is yards, and the last is percentage?

Td-int

Wow! Now thats a lot of ints. 120 between the two of them. Surely they not that bad.

People on this board are actually talking about drafting Geno now? What happened to all the "he's an immature gang banger"? Glad we're all over that.

Geno played against a lot of bad opponents while garnering those freakish numbers. When he played better defenses that could cover his all star wide receivers he had problems getting through his reads and finding an open man. I'm not gung go for Alex Smith but despite his td/int ratio and stats he has won many games including a playoff game and against quality opponents. Cassel has not shown he can win consistently, and struggles horribly against quality teams.
    I swear I heard a lot of complaining about Pioli reaching for draft picks he hoped would work out. Now that we have a GM who takes bpa everyone wants to reach for a player they hope works out. Ugh!!
    Also don't like the Browns/Raiders comparison as they were both victims of poor coaching/management for the most part. Would you rather have a stud OL or a bust qb??
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    Geno played against a lot of bad opponents while garnering those freakish numbers. When he played better defenses that could cover his all star wide receivers he had problems getting through his reads and finding an open man. I'm not gung go for Alex Smith but despite his td/int ratio and stats he has won many games including a playoff game and against quality opponents. Cassel has not shown he can win consistently, and struggles horribly against quality teams.
    I swear I heard a lot of complaining about Pioli reaching for draft picks he hoped would work out. Now that we have a GM who takes bpa everyone wants to reach for a player they hope works out. Ugh!!
    Also don't like the Browns/Raiders comparison as they were both victims of poor coaching/management for the most part. Would you rather have a stud OL or a bust qb??
    I think we can all agree QB is the biggest need on this roster for 2013. Having Dorsey trade out of the first pick to a position where a QB is BPA while getting an extra couple picks to shore up this roster would be the ideal scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFS_FN_ROCK View Post
    1 more comparison geno and peyton. Peyton 863 of1381 for 11,201yards 89 tds 33 int. Geno 998 of 1465 for 11,662 yards 98tds 21 ints
    Colt Brennan 14193 yard 131 TD 42 INT
    Graham Harrell 15793 yards 134 TD 34 INT

Thank God you guys weren't GM or we'd have them as our QBs in KC. Geno Smith is in a system that allows for big numbers like that. He doesn't have to make reads and doesn't handle pressure well if he can't make the quick one read throw. There is no QB worth a #1 pick in this draft and we need to not reach for one like that. Alex Smith is by far the best option. People for some reason don't seem to realize he was on the verge of a pro bowl season this year until he got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Not with the new rookie wage scale. If the QB we draft ultimately fails it doesn't set you back years like it used to. High draft picks are nowhere near the risk they used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    YES it does set you back for years. Guys are not given 1 year to prove themselfs. They are given at least 2 if not 3 years. Picking the wrong QB will still set us back YEARS we have to make sure we get that pick right.
    I think Guru was talking about setting a team back years financially.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast