Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: draft geno

Default draft geno

should they? i think so. you have a kid with talent in geno smith. clearly he has more talent than the other qb's who are coming out. but more importantly we now have a coach who knows how to mold an nfl qb. the chiefs need to gamble on this one and just take him. here we go let the fire begin

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    12,000 yards 100 td's and 21 picks is an awesome resume. my problem with people saying we shouldnt pick him. is that there is no clear cut #1 pick in the draft period. not just the qb's. the chiefs need to take a gamble with the qb position. otherwise it will be another 10 years of mediocracy
    It can also be that if we gamble and lose. The best player available is proven to be a better mindset then gambles we have to get the best player in the draft no matter where they play. They will help far more then reaching for a guy If Geno's the best player fine take him if not take the best player .
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFS_FN_ROCK View Post
    1 more comparison geno and peyton. Peyton 863 of1381 for 11,201yards 89 tds 33 int. Geno 998 of 1465 for 11,662 yards 98tds 21 ints

hey i found another comparrison 1622 att 1339 comp 82.6% 14,249 yds 157 TDs 30 ints....pretty darn impressive huh? 6'4 225 lbs and do u kno where u can find him????? he's on the CHIEFS roster...Alex Tanney

and no u can't just rely on stats unless u can break down game to game vs the same caliber opponents they mean nothing, just good for bar talk over a beer.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That's what's going to happen Not only has he been very open about that fact he has a history of doing so. I really don't think Geno's going to be the pick. I just don't think he's worth number 1. At all
    I agree; I highly doubt Geno will be at the top of the leaderboard.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The Alex Smith to KC talk that is his heating up leaves me wondering what people are thinking. We already have Alex and he's wearing #7. It's time to stop the nonsense and draft Geno.
    I'm no Alex Smith fan and don't want him but to say he is just another Matt Cassel is just nonsense.

OH, and yes, draft a QB. Geno or Wilson.

It can also be that if we gamble and lose. The best player available is proven to be a better mindset then gambles we have to get the best player in the draft no matter where they play. They will help far more then reaching for a guy If Geno's the best player fine take him if not take the best player .
    Not with the new rookie wage scale. If the QB we draft ultimately fails it doesn't set you back years like it used to. High draft picks are nowhere near the risk they used to be.

That's what's going to happen Not only has he been very open about that fact he has a history of doing so. I really don't think Geno's going to be the pick. I just don't think he's worth number 1. At all

here is my thought on that. lets compare the raiders bust pick jamarcus russell. and the cleveland browns all star pick joe thomas. one is a complete bust and one an o-lineman who is a constant pro bowler and considerd the best young o-lineman in the league he was a great pick. now look at it as how much better off are the browns than the raiders. they are not the browns have done just as bad as the raiders since the picks. my point THIS IS a qb driven league. if you dont have one you you are going to suck. all the experts say geno has the most talent and the most promise to become a nfl qb. take there experties for what it's worth

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I agree; I highly doubt Geno will be at the top of the leaderboard.
    cam newton wasn't projected a clear cut #1 before the pro days and the combine. geno's stock has plenty of time to rise.

Kc will sign alber if bowe leaves will sign mike wallace and will draft geno first overall. You all can hold me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I'm no Alex Smith fan and don't want him but to say he is just another Matt Cassel is just nonsense.

OH, and yes, draft a QB. Geno or Wilson.
    Career NFL stats as of week 17, 2012

Cassel 82-57 13495 80.4
    Smith 81-63 14280 79.1

In our position, we could grab the most talented QB in the draft (Geno) and pick up a proven winner in Alex Smith. Let them fight it out for the #1 spot- if Geno gets benched and Alex earns the job, all will be right with the world. Geno needs to be humbled and taught how to play within himself, and Alex deserves another chance as a starter after leading the league in completion percentage last year. Just a thought. We could also trade down for quantity, allowing us to pick up a CB or WR along with Barkley or Gray or maybe Mike Glennon. I reserve the right to waffle, but as of now I'd take the risk with either picking Geno first or trading down for Barkley. Either way, I still want Alex Smith in KC. If he's really Cassel 2.0, hand him the clipboard and let the youngster give it a shot.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast