Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: draft geno

Default draft geno

should they? i think so. you have a kid with talent in geno smith. clearly he has more talent than the other qb's who are coming out. but more importantly we now have a coach who knows how to mold an nfl qb. the chiefs need to gamble on this one and just take him. here we go let the fire begin

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    cam newton wasn't projected a clear cut #1 before the pro days and the combine. geno's stock has plenty of time to rise.
    That's a fair point, however, given Dorsey's obvious intention to stay true to the "best player available" philosophy I still think that Geno's a bit of a long shot for the first pick overall. But, hey, I'm no expert and when it comes to the draft I'm sure I've been wrong more often then I've been right. At this point: I would not be terribly disappointed if we took Smith first or if we went with whoever is considered the best player available. I trust Dorsey's judgement a lot more than I do Pioli's. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    YES it does set you back for years. Guys are not given 1 year to prove themselfs. They are given at least 2 if not 3 years. Picking the wrong QB will still set us back YEARS we have to make sure we get that pick right.
    Because playing with other teams backups has been SOOOO successful here.

Yes, we have to get that pick right. I fully support that statement.

Tackles don't win superbowls. Just ask Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by HaliForPresident View Post
    Colt Brennan 14193 yard 131 TD 42 INT
    Graham Harrell 15793 yards 134 TD 34 INT

Thank God you guys weren't GM or we'd have them as our QBs in KC. Geno Smith is in a system that allows for big numbers like that. He doesn't have to make reads and doesn't handle pressure well if he can't make the quick one read throw. There is no QB worth a #1 pick in this draft and we need to not reach for one like that. Alex Smith is by far the best option. People for some reason don't seem to realize he was on the verge of a pro bowl season this year until he got injured.
    Heres the thing though, every QB in every draft is a risk. Granted, the Mannings and Lucks are much less risk, but this team NEVER takes a risk at QB and look what it has gotten us. Now we have our pick of any player we want and we are still afraid to go after a QB. It's ridiculous that this team and many fans still want to completely ignore the glaring hole on this team.

I would much rather see them try and fail than to continuously NOT try at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Heres the thing though, every QB in every draft is a risk. Granted, the Mannings and Lucks are much less risk, but this team NEVER takes a risk at QB and look what it has gotten us. Now we have our pick of any player we want and we are still afraid to go after a QB. It's ridiculous that this team and many fans still want to completely ignore the glaring hole on this team.

I would much rather see them try and fail than to continuously NOT try at all.

Exactly!

If people cant see the picture this past season, then they never will. We are a good team other then the qb. Just look at all the probowlers, 6 of em. We cant make this stuff up. 6 probowlers and a record of 2 and 14. I do give the previous coaching staff blame, but the real blame lies on the managment for NOT addressing the qb. As I said all last season, the Chiefs are the best team to ever have the record they had. 2 and 14.

6 probowlers ond we get the #1 pick!

Only 6 teams had more probowlers then the team with the worst record.

There are 6 teams that did not have any pro bowl players, including the Chargers, who have a decent qb and nooo other talent to speak of.

This team is loaded I mean loaded with talent and we have only one real glaring need, but of coarse we can keep making the rest of the team better and hope the qb will magicly fix itself.

12 probowl players will not give us a winning record. We are a team and should be veiwed as such. No qb will mean no wins.

i don't understand why some believe if we don't take geno we have doomed ourselves and it is the end of the CHIEFS football world. a bit of an exageration yes, but there is life after geno. there are currently 5 QBs including geno that are projected probable nfl starters or at least getting a shot at starting for an nfl team depending on which team drafts them. each has differnt skill sets that the scouts like and EACH have flaws that worry them. geno is not the freakish specimen of a cam newton, nor the running ability of an RGIII, russel wilson or kaepernick nor the passer of a Luck, stafford, bradford etc. he may very well turn out to be a good/great nfl QB but that remains to be seen. the other 4 QB's may also be busts or end up being great QBs so picking any of them is a gamble with a slightly higer risk as u move down the draft board.

i agree we need to pick one or more QBs early in this draft but i would be happy w/any that Dorsey and Reid want to pick. i would be dissapointed however if the pick any of the #1 overall, just seems to be a waste of value. it would be like going to a store to buy a big screen tv on sale and buying it for 10% over the pre sale price. yes you still got the same tv but just paid way to much for it.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Exactly!

If people cant see the picture this past season, then they never will. We are a good team other then the qb. Just look at all the probowlers, 6 of em. We cant make this stuff up. 6 probowlers and a record of 2 and 14. I do give the previous coaching staff blame, but the real blame lies on the managment for NOT addressing the qb. As I said all last season, the Chiefs are the best team to ever have the record they had. 2 and 14.
    We see the problem, we are not dumb, we just don't see a solution worth the first pick in the draft. I am tired of the team reaching with their first pick as we have done most of the last 8 years. Just because we draft a QB with the first does not mean he will be good.

What is the worse case we bring in another teams reject, as some people call them and go 2-14 again next year and get a top 2 pick again and there may be some good QB coming out next year and we get one of those we have wasted one year but we have a good DE to replace Jackson or LT to replace Albert. If we draft Geno and he is a bust it will take 2-3 years to move on and draft another QB and we will still have a hole on the line instead of a stud.

remember drafting a QB #1 does not make him a #1 QB

if we drafted stanzi any higher would he be a better QB?
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Because playing with other teams backups has been SOOOO successful here.

Yes, we have to get that pick right. I fully support that statement.

Tackles don't win superbowls. Just ask Cleveland.
    *waits for texaschief to come in and say Joe Thomas would be a better pick than any QB in this draft if he were there*
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    remember drafting a QB #1 does not make him a #1 QB

if we drafted stanzi any higher would he be a better QB?
    Couldn't agree more! To many of the average fans seem to think you can make a player better just by drafting him higher. That's what Pioli seemed to think he could do with Tyson Jackson. Jackson would have been a good pick late first round where he was projected, but Pioli reached just like they want Reid to do with a QB.

Fact of the matter is Alex Smith is a much better QB prospect than any of the QBs in this draft, and wouldn't have to waste a 1st overall pick on him. Also don't forget, he's only 29, he has plenty left in him. This would allow Chiefs to draft Star who many scouts predict as a dominant 3-4 DE, and that's something Chiefs need if they lose Dorsey this offseason and possibly Jackson soon after.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast