Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 83

Thread: Forum Update

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,301
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default Forum Update


    0 Not allowed!
    Hi guys,

    I will be updating the forum software today. There will be periods of time where the forum may be down or look differently. I will be working as fast as possible to get us back up and running.

    Thanks for your patience.


  2. #61
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,301
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    I have added the ability to give a post a Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down rating. Let me know your thoughts. My only concern is that people will get a lot of thumbs down if they don't share the same opinion as the majority. I personally like hearing different opinions. It is a big reason why I started the site.

    So no promises that we will keep it, but I thought I'd try it.

    Edit: I have removed the thumbs down option so that we can avoid the issue I described above.
    Last edited by Coach; 02-15-2013 at 10:54 AM.


  3. #62
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,124
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 447

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I have added the ability to give a post a Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down rating. Let me know your thoughts. My only concern is that people will get a lot of thumbs down if they don't share the same opinion as the majority. I personally like hearing different opinions. It is a big reason why I started the site.

    So no promises that we will keep it, but I thought I'd try it.

    Edit: I have removed the thumbs down option so that we can avoid the issue I described above.
    I don't see a problem with the thumbs down option as long as it is anonymous, it doesn't have a post option like rep. Actually, to me, seems a little like a redundant feature since those types of sentiments can currently be expressed through rep with the only difference being that rep is not a public displayed sentiment of a particular post. However, I really don't have a problem with it one way or the other.

    BTW I thumbs uped your "Thumbs Up" post.


  4. #63
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,301
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Any news about having the original (thread starter) post at the top of each page within the thread?
    Done


  5. #64
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,124
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 447

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Done

    You da man!


  6. #65
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wichita
    Posts
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Done
    Any chance that can be disabled for those of us that do not want it?!

  7. #66
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,301
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderHater61 View Post
    Any chance that can be disabled for those of us that do not want it?!
    I will check to see if I can make that happen.


  8. #67
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wichita
    Posts
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    That would be great if you could, myself I find it repetitive and a waste of bandwidth to repeat the post. The update is looking great and the effort is appreciated.

  9. #68
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,124
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 447

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderHater61 View Post
    That would be great if you could, myself I find it repetitive and a waste of bandwidth to repeat the post. The update is looking great and the effort is appreciated.
    I understand and appreciate your point of view, but I think the bandwidth is minimal and it helps those of us old geezers with bad memories and short attention spans to stay on topic.


  10. #69
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,219
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 23

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    How do you give a thumbs up I can only figure out how to give a thumbs down.

  11. #70
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,124
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 447

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    How do you give a thumbs up I can only figure out how to give a thumbs down.
    That's weird, all I see in posts are options to give thumbs up, except for those posts I've already given thumbs up to.


Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Some BS off a redskins forum.
    By bigpoppachief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 04:25 PM
  2. First time on this forum
    By chiefsrule in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 02:07 PM
  3. Fan Forum
    By dale6734 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 02:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •