Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!!who do you got?

Default SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!!who do you got?

Personally, I'm in the Niners' corner. SAN FRANSIX-O!!! They have the chance to be the first team to six Superbowl wins without a loss.

I can't believe that San Francisco blew that game. 1st down inside the 10 yd line with a chance to win the superbowl with less than 2 minutes left. Run a QB rollout play why don't you! It worked the last 10 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I can't believe that San Francisco blew that game. 1st down inside the 10 yd line with a chance to win the superbowl with less than 2 minutes left. Run a QB rollout play why don't you! It worked the last 10 games.
    Exactly, I give them mad props for getting back into it quickly and had the game within their grasp. Why not go with what's worked so well for them. Here I thought the Chiefs had cornered the market of yanking defeat out of the jaws of victory.

They did run the 'roll-out' play on first down....but the problem is that all of a sudden the coaches forgot that Baltimore's big run-stopper up the middle was out of the game...why didn't they ever call Gore's number? That's the real mistake. Oh well, it was a good season...if you'd told me 2 years ago we'd be in the Super Bowl with a 2nd year QB from a small school I would've bet against you.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    They did run the 'roll-out' play on first down....but the problem is that all of a sudden the coaches forgot that Baltimore's big run-stopper up the middle was out of the game...why didn't they ever call Gore's number? That's the real mistake. Oh well, it was a good season...if you'd told me 2 years ago we'd be in the Super Bowl with a 2nd year QB from a small school I would've bet against you.
    Good point, and I gotta tell ya that with your QB situation and the talent around him I wouldn't bet that the Niners wouldn't be return to the big show much sooner than later!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12