Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For anyone thinking Joeckel is the safe pick in the draft

Default For anyone thinking Joeckel is the safe pick in the draft

C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I feel if we draft Joeckel we don't really make the team much better, and it does very little to make the qb better. Obviously a better LT makes the QB better, but as of now we dont even have a qb. It does look like Alex Smith could end up coming here , but I dont know what we have to give up for him. I dont see the Niners just letting him go on a year the qb has this great a need and the supply is this low.

Alex would want much more money then Geno, or any other rookie qb.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I feel if we draft Joeckel we don't really make the team much better, and it does very little to make the qb better. Obviously a better LT makes the QB better, but as of now we dont even have a qb. It does look like Alex Smith could end up coming here , but I dont know what we have to give up for him. I dont see the Niners just letting him go on a year the qb has this great a need and the supply is this low.

Alex would want much more money then Geno, or any other rookie qb.
    That's the exact argument that every Chiefs fan has that would rather go QB than LT. "Safe" doesn't necessarily mean better and I have yet to read anything that shows me otherwise.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

read and compare the analysis of luke joekel and eric fisher. as LTs go fisher looks like the better choice, biggest knock on him was the level of competition but seems more fundamentaly sound. if that is indeed the case maybe we don't take joekel w/the first pick. just muddying up the water a little more!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Eric Fisher had a good senior bowl. Many are predicting that he could develop into another Jake Long, and depending on his combine may jump to top tackle in the draft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12