Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 73

Thread: TC's Valentines Day Mock Draft 2.0

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default TC's Valentines Day Mock Draft 2.0


    0 Not allowed!
    Release Tyson Jackson
    Let Dorsey Walk
    Let Albert Walk
    Re-sign Bowe
    Re-sign Pitoitua
    Re-sign Colquitt

    Free Agent Signings:

    WR- Gregg Jennings
    TE- Jared Cook
    OG- Andy Levitre
    LB- Phillip Wheeler

    Trades:

    Trade 2nd round pick to Minnesota who target the best QB available for picks 52 and 83 (3rd rd).

    Trade pick 52 to the Eagles for QB Nick Foles.


    Draft:

    1st Round
    LT Luke Joekel Texas A&M
    The Chiefs replace Branden Albert with a less expensive upgrade in Luke Joekel. They get better value with this pick than if they had decided to take a QB #1 overall. Joekel fits into a line that boasts Jon Asamoah, Rodney Hudson, Andy Levitre, and Eric Winston with depth provided by in Stephenson and Allen.

    3rd Round
    3a.
    LB Khaseem Greene Rutgers
    He's a play-making, game changing LB who was also the back-to-back Big East defensive Player of the year. Greene had arguably the best junior and senior seasons of ANY Big East player. It's unknown as to which flavor of the 3-4 defense we'll be running, but it's a pretty good bet that we'll need LB help no matter what. One Derrick Johnson, one of the great values Greene offers is his versatility and ability to be extremely useful in ANY type of defensive scheme.

    3rd Round
    3b. (from Vikings)
    RB Marcus Lattimore South Carolina
    The Chiefs have decent depth behind Charles and this pick is probably superfluous, but c'mon... the best running back in this class is still on the board in the 4th round. There's very little downside to this selection. Yes, he's a risk having had 2 knee surgeries in the past 2 seasons. Gotta couple names for you though: Willis McGahee and Frank Gore. Both of those guys were in the same boat and have had pretty successful NFL careers. I wouldn't consider this player too much of an injury risk considering the circumstances that occurred to cause his injury. Lattimore is 6'0, 232 lbs and could essentially give the Chiefs a Jamaal Charles/Adrian Peterson 1-2 punch for the foreseeable future. Talk about a change of pace back. Can you imagine taking a beating from Lattimore for 6 to 8 plays and then chasing Charles 40 yards and then getting hit in the mouth from Lattimore the next play? ...wow.

    3c. (compensation for Carr)
    S Bacarri Rambo Georgia
    The Chiefs need some stability next to Eric Berry. Rambo is a ball-hawking FS that would fit perfectly next to Berry... and let's be honest... that's a badass football name.

    4th Round
    QB Tyler Bray Tennessee
    Tyler Bray is arguably the most talented QB in the 2013 crop. He's foregoing his senior year at Tennessee where he would probably be better served in his development. Bray is a great draft-and-develop prospect who would probably benefit greatly from sitting for a couple seasons to learn Andy Reid's system. The only problem I see with this pick is that Bray is as close to a statue in the pocket as there could possibly be and there haven't been too many of those drafted by Reid. But this is MY mock and I think Bray could be a good pick for the Chiefs if they can protect him.

    5th
    DB Tyrann Mathieu LSU (Sat out a year)
    Off the field issues should not scare anyone away from top 5 talent in the 5th round. We need another play-maker in the secondary and you couldn't ask for a better one than the "Honey Badger" in the 5th round. (**may be worth a higher pick as we get closer to the draft)

    6th Round
    WR Marquise Goodwin Texas
    Olympic athlete with elite speed and play-making ability. Sounds like a good WR option to throw in the mix at WR, KR, and PR.

    7th Round
    WR Uzoma Nwachukwu TX A&M
    Good WR this late in the draft is never bad. You should always be on the lookout for playmakers in the last couple rounds of the draft. Nwachukwu and Goodwin present good upside for late round draft picks and if nothing else should endear themselves to the special teams coaches.



    Assuming the players are available, I really like the first 6 picks. The Chiefs will have a gluttony of WRs if they re-sign Dwayne Bowe, so I could be persuaded to take other players in the 6th and 7th rounds. Finding play-makers should be the priority and not necessarily trying to find players to plug holes that late. I think you're looking at 5 starter coming out of this group if you include Foles. Lattimore will have the luxury of sitting as long as he needs to heal because of Jamaal Charles. Bray has arguably the most upside of any QB in this draft. Letting him sit and develop would be great for him. There's a little risk here, but when you look at Joekel, Lattimore (injury), Mathieu (immaturity), and Bray, there were absolutely scenarios that could've played out over this past season that could've seen each of these guys taken in the top 10 overall in this draft class. Talent is talent is talent and when we could take the next Adrian Peterson in the 3rd or a shut down, ball-hawking, play-making DB in the 5th, you spring at the chance... risk be damned! We're not talking about 3000 point gambles here like Geno Smith #1 overall. These picks cost less that 300 points... you can afford to take risks with these picks.

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I want an LT with the first pick of draft, no matter how stupid and pointless it is! Despite the fact that Albert is a proven player who has had absolutely no long-term health issues and has been a stable block since he was drafted, the fact is that you can't have too many LTs on a team because LTs win SUPER BOWLS! WRITE IT DOWN BABY! Who needs a QB? We can just hand it off to the RB every play!

    WE ARE GOING TO BE THE GREATEST TEAM WITH A CRAPPY QB EVER!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,075
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    For the record, I'm in the Tyler Wilson camp, not Geno Smith. I want to draft a smart young QB that has upside potential and a strong arm. I want to have a qb that has a strong enough arm to run a 2 minute drill. Hate me for that. I do not like the idea of replacing a position of strength with a draft pick that nearly never comes around just to save $6 million in cap room. I have not heard a logical argument for letting Brandon walk just to draft his replacement other than saving cap money. To new that is not enough of a reason. And it didn't improve our team at all unless we take the $6mm we saved and spend it on better players. That has not been my experience with this franchise. They are perennially one if the cheapest teams in football.

    Let me summarize, replacing a good player with the first pick for no other reason other than to save $6mm does not make this team better. They finished the season at 2-14. I want my team to get better. Therefore I don't like the LT strategy.


  4. #33
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    So, any QB acquired with our 2nd round pick would be deemed a "crappy QB" in your opinion?

    What if Geno Smith falls to the 2nd round? Would you pass on him because he wasn't taken in the 1st round and thus deemed "crappy" according to your standards?

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,481
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I want an LT with the first pick of draft, no matter how stupid and pointless it is! Despite the fact that Albert is a proven player who has had absolutely no long-term health issues and has been a stable block since he was drafted, the fact is that you can't have too many LTs on a team because LTs win SUPER BOWLS! WRITE IT DOWN BABY! Who needs a QB? We can just hand it off to the RB every play!

    WE ARE GOING TO BE THE GREATEST TEAM WITH A CRAPPY QB EVER!
    The problem with this argument is that you ignore even the slight chance of getting a qb elsewhere. Who's to say that they can't take whoever they have as BPA with the first pick and then trade back up into the first round when they see a chance to get a QB. I don't really want a LT either with the first pick but if they feel he's the best player it's the way to go. I would still love to see Jarvis Jones be the pick myself but I don't make the choice. But there are Many other ways we can get a QB Stop acting like if we don't take a QB 1st overall we will be stuck with a crappy QB it's just not the truth

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    For the record, I'm in the Tyler Wilson camp, not Geno Smith. I want to draft a smart young QB that has upside potential and a strong arm. I want to have a qb that has a strong enough arm to run a 2 minute drill. Hate me for that. I do not like the idea of replacing a position of strength with a draft pick that nearly never comes around just to save $6 million in cap room. I have not heard a logical argument for letting Brandon walk just to draft his replacement other than saving cap money. To new that is not enough of a reason. And it didn't improve our team at all unless we take the $6mm we saved and spend it on better players. That has not been my experience with this franchise. They are perennially one if the cheapest teams in football.

    Let me summarize, replacing a good player with the first pick for no other reason other than to save $6mm does not make this team better. They finished the season at 2-14. I want my team to get better. Therefore I don't like the LT strategy.
    Branden Albert is no longer a "proven" commodity as you claim him to be. He missed the last 4 games of 2012 with back issues. You don't know what his future will be anymore than what Joekel's would be.

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...lbert/1914723/

    ... and of course as I'm typing, this is posted on USA today. The article said Albert and about a dozen other Chiefs with injury concerns just passed physicals conducted by the team. Of course Albert isn't going to admit his back hurts as he heads into free agency, but it's good to hear there wasn't anything structurally wrong with Albert. I have always liked him at LT and thought he always represented great value for where they got him in the 1st round. I don't think they can sign both Albert and Bowe, however and I think I would've rather had Bowe in this pass-heavy offense. The bottom of the article mentions that the Chiefs could still take Joekel #1 overall and move Albert to guard... can we please kill this before it gets legs? You don't give Albert LT money to move him to OG.

    I agree that Tyler Wilson is probably #1 or #1a when it comes to QBs in this draft, however. The other QB who I think could be the first at his position off the board is Matt Barkley. For all the hype that he didn't live up to, he still ran the most pro-like offense in the NCAA and even did it Peyton Manning style by calling plenty of his own plays at the line of scrimmage. The talent was there and so were the smarts... which is vital in Reid's system.

    The positions that worry me at #1 overall is QB, DT, and CB. We've seen plenty of flame-out top 5 DT's to last a while. I've seen Milliner's name thrown around a bit at the top of the board and I don't thing he'd be a great pick #1 overall either.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    This point that you're making is drawing a conclusion by looking at just one piece of the puzzle. Do you HONESTLY believe the Cleveland Browns are a bad team BECAUSE they drafted Joe Thomas? Because THAT'S you're argument... and it's a HORRIBLE one. The Cleveland Browns are at the bottom of the league because they cannot evaluate QB talent and waste first round picks on poor QB's who don't deserve the selection. If you are looking at the Browns franchise with an honest eye, you'll realize they're recent failures are based on the fact that they draft a horrible QB in the first round every 5 years or so. They are the PERFECT franchise to support my argument. Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, and now Brandon Weeden. That's not even counting the failures of Colt McCoy, Luke McCown, and Charlie Frye of recent history.

    The Browns are not bad BECAUSE they have the best LT in the league... it's because they're taking the buckshot approach to the QB position that you and those who think like you endorse.
    The browns drafted QB after QB and then went LT, yes. But they also gave up on QBs like they do coaches, very quickly. We have the opposite problem as far as QB goes. We havent drafted a QB in the first round in 30 YEARS!


    The reason you let Albert walk is because he's going to be expensive and missed the last 4 games with a back problem... that's not the kind of LT you invest that kind of coin in when there's NOT a sure-fire QB to be had in the draft, but there IS a franchise LT.
    He has stated that his back is fine. Im not saying it's not a risk, but he is a franchise left-tackle none-the-less. Why would you want to "waste" all that coinage on a rookie LT that isn't proven, instead of re-sign Albert, and draft a QB, a position we have NOTHING at.

    If we were drafting 4th instead of 1st, would you be willing to trade your ENTIRE draft to jump up to #1 overall and select Geno Smith? If you can't say yes to this, then THAT'S why we shouldn't take him #1 overall either.
    If we were drafting #4 would you trade your entire draft for Joekel?



    You mean like when we took Branden Albert?
    We took him at 15 overall. Not 1.

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I want an LT with the first pick of draft, no matter how stupid and pointless it is! Despite the fact that Albert is a proven player who has had absolutely no long-term health issues and has been a stable block since he was drafted, the fact is that you can't have too many LTs on a team because LTs win SUPER BOWLS! WRITE IT DOWN BABY! Who needs a QB? We can just hand it off to the RB every play!

    WE ARE GOING TO BE THE GREATEST TEAM WITH A CRAPPY QB EVER!
    It really does sound like this.

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    1,124
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Im not on genos band wagon at all. His character is a big concern from what iv heard but i dont know much about him. When i stated we draft DT Star and put him at end was because i heard that he is the prototype 3-4end and would excel in it. I dont think its the same as dorsey situation. Im not any bandwagon but i dont want to draft a player just cuz it will save us money. We need to resign our players.i want the bpa with that feels a need to a point. I say we rank the top 8 plqyers and take the position of need. I dont mind reaching to an small extent. The debate we need and its just a crap shoot is who is the best overall player and rank the top 8 to choose from. I open to anything but i beleive we need to resign albert and maybe bowe but cuz we have no one besides him but he needs to be more consistant but better qb play will help himat the same time.

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Im not on genos band wagon at all. His character is a big concern from what iv heard but i dont know much about him. When i stated we draft DT Star and put him at end was because i heard that he is the prototype 3-4end and would excel in it. I dont think its the same as dorsey situation. Im not any bandwagon but i dont want to draft a player just cuz it will save us money. We need to resign our players.i want the bpa with that feels a need to a point. I say we rank the top 8 plqyers and take the position of need. I dont mind reaching to an small extent. The debate we need and its just a crap shoot is who is the best overall player and rank the top 8 to choose from. I open to anything but i beleive we need to resign albert and maybe bowe but cuz we have no one besides him but he needs to be more consistant but better qb play will help himat the same time.
    Where'd you hear that?

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Also, if a QB is worth a top 10 pick in today's draft structure and he's the #1 QB available then he is absolutely worth the #1 overall pick

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Football Gameplan's 2012 NFL Mock Draft Video - Final Mock
    By EmDiggy in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 11:28 PM
  2. Football Gameplan's Mock Draft Video - Final Mock
    By EmDiggy in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 04:51 PM
  3. My KC Post draft - Mock Draft
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 10:28 AM
  4. anybody get any new chiefs gear for valentines day??
    By garciakcfan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 08:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •