Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Foles

Default Foles

Just wanted to get the Nick Foles talk going. I don't think that people outside of Philadelphia realize just how good this kid is. There's an assumption that because he was a 3rd round pick who played for a bad team (unlike Wilson, who was lucky enough to play for a good team) that he's just a typical 3rd round pick - no big deal. This couldn't be further from the truth. Nick Foles is BETTER than ANY QB in this draft! If you could get him from Philly for a 3rd round pick (which is the rumor, with Kelly looking for more mobile QBs) it would be a STEAL and you would have your franchise QB of the future.

A few numbers (provided by Reuben Frank of csnphilly.com and Les Bowen of philly.com). Nick Foles is the ONLY rookie QB in NFL HISTORY to throw for more than 240 yards/game AND complete over 60% of his passes. Only one EVER! For people who say they saw him throw interceptions, he ranks 2nd ALL TIME in fewest interceptions per pass attempt for an NFL rookie. EVER! He's ranked 5th all time in rookie completion percentage behind four QBs who played on teams that mostly ran, and third all time in total yards per game behind QBs he had better QB ratings than and higher completion percentages than. He had a higher QB rating last year than Andrew Luck and many other highly regarded NFL QBs.

A poll was taken by Comcast Philly asking, "Who should the Eagles starting QB be next year?" Amongst the people who watched him play, 48% said, "Nick Foles, 24% said "Michael Vick" and 25% said "some one else". This from the fan base of a team that also has a very high draft pick (#4 overall) and even more cap space than the Chiefs to find their QB. And btw, it's also notoriously the most negative and impossible to please fan base, and they love the dude.

There's a huge movement in KC to reach for a QB #1 just because you can. This guy is better than any QB in the draft and you can get him for much less. When and if Reid/Dorsey decide to trade for Foles, and I suspect they will because they're bright guys, do NOT be disappointed.

That's a great question. It is only speculation, however, I live in Philly, so I'm getting the speculation from the Eagles' perspective. Everyone in the media here (combining their speculation with their inside sources) is adamant that Foles, while he's a great young up and coming QB who the local fans love, absolutely does not fit Chip Kelly's system and will be traded. Kelly runs the read option which requires the QB to have at least some mobility. Foles' one weakness (reason he slipped in the draft) is that he does not. He does, however, have EVERYTHING that Andy Reid needs in a QB. All that having been said, no one saw it coming when they resigned Vick, so they could be wrong.

So, if this was a rumor before, now that Eagles had signed another QB for 2 years will only grow.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    So, if this was a rumor before, now that Eagles had signed another QB for 2 years will only grow.
    By bringing in Dixon they really don't have a spot for Foles if they plan on drafting a QB.

I still say swap 1st round pick and we take Foles and a second day pick (2, 3 or 4 round) then take the BPA at 4. Sure we might giving up to "many draft points" for us to move back 3 spots and get Foles that is an okay deal to me seeing how there is not the consensuses #1 pick out there and Philly could pick up Geno with the first, its a win win. That is only if Reid thinks he could be our QBOTF, he does know him.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I don't see the Eagles giving up Foles after only giving Vick a one year contract. Plus, Kelly even said he plans on them competing.

A fourth is the most I would give up for him but I would bet they would want at least a 2nd and there is no way I would pay that.
    My thoughts exactly. If we were able to make this trade well before the free agency, it would probably affect what they want to offer B. Albert. Also, it is MUCH easier to trade the 4th pick than the 1st. So we could still trade down some more and move to the middle of the 1st and get a boatload of picks in rounds 2-4. Imagine having like 6 or 7 picks between the 2-4th rounds. We would have a hard time finding room on the roster for all the talent we could acquire!!!

eagles are asking to much for foles...................

For now, Eagles would want a “significant offer” for Nick Foles

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 16, 2013, 9:52 AM EST
    Getty ImagesAfter Michael Vick signed a new contract with the Eagles, head coach Chip Kelly said Vick will compete with Nick Foles to be the team’s starting quarterback. But the talk that Foles would be traded began almost instantly.
    The talk started with a report that Chiefs coach Andy Reid — who drafted and coached Foles in Philadelphia last year — wants to trade for Foles. That report was followed quickly by reports that the Eagles have no plans to trade Foles.
    Now the Associated Press reports that it would “take a significant offer” to get the Eagles to consider trading Foles.
    So what constitutes a significant offer? Would the Eagles want what a second-round draft pick and a good veteran starter? That’s what they got the last time they traded away a quarterback who had been beaten out by Vick, sending Kevin Kolb to Arizona for a second-rounder and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. That trade worked out better for the Eagles than for the Cardinals, and it might be more than any team would be willing to give up for Foles now. So if that’s what the Eagles are going to demand, Foles will probably stay in Philadelphia.
    The reality, however, is that the Eagles’ demands could change significantly. If Foles struggles to pick up Kelly’s offense during organized team activities, minicamps and training camps — and if Vick looks like he’s ready to be a great starter while new acquisition Dennis Dixon looks like he’s ready to be a dependable backup — then the asking price could drop significantly. If Foles is no better than the Eagles’ third-string quarterback, they’d surely drop their asking price for him.

It's going to take a 2nd round pick to land Foles... which is pretty much what I've been saying since the Foles discussion began. If Reid could talk the Eagles into going for our 3rd rounder, that would be amazing... not practical IMO. If the Chiefs could find a way to get another 2nd round pick, THAT should be the pick the Chiefs trade for Foles. Andy Reid traded away a few QB's while with Philly and each of them brought back a 2nd round pick. I think it's unrealistic to think the Philly franchise won't continue to look for that same level of compensation for their QB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Question. Is Foles even on the trading block or is this pure hypothetical speculation. If Foles is better than anyone in this draft, Why would Philly trade him? From what I have seen so far, people talking about trading for Foles is all KC speculations of people trying to tie QB's they may want back with possible connections to Reid or Dorsey.
    one of the sports shows did say that the CHIEFS have expressed some interest in foles, but the eagles have said they were NOT planning to trade him,............unless there was a VERY good offer.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

For as many bad choices as we've made in past drafts, giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a quality QB doesn't sound so bad to me. Where is Phiilly picking in the 1st round? maybe you get him for switching picks, if they're not too high up. just thoughts, I'm sure 20 of you will beat the #$#% out of me for that comment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast