Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: dwayne bowe and chiefs currantly negotiating

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,450
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default dwayne bowe and chiefs currantly negotiating


    1 Not allowed!
    Earlier on Thursday, we asked if Dwayne Bowe would be the best wide receiver available in free agency this offseason. Perhaps he won't even become available after all.
    Offseason Forecast: Chiefs
    With the offseason under way, Around The League examines what's next for all 32 teams. Kareem Copeland tackles the Chiefs. More ...



    Ian Rapoport reported Thursday night on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" that the Kansas City Chiefs are actively pursuing a new contract with Bowe, according to sources close to the situation. Bowe's representatives have met with the Chiefs, and Rapoport expects conversations to continue in the coming weeks.
    This is a bit of a surprise, but perhaps it shouldn't be. This is a brand new Chiefs regime that clearly could view Bowe in a different light than former general manager Scott Pioli, who didn't appear willing to give Bowe the long-term deal that he wanted. Rapoport reports that Andy Reid was very high on Bowe coming out of LSU.
    The Chiefs need a ton of help on offense, notably at quarterback and wide receiver. Their passing game practically is starting from scratch. Perhaps Reid's first big purchase as Chiefs coach will be a very familiar name.
    UPDATE: Rapoport also reported Thursday that in addiition to Bowe, the Chiefs would like to bring back offensive tackle Branden Albert. The Chiefs have talked with his representatives and should be able to sign both players, according to Rapoport.

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,450
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Re-signing Bowe AND Albert will take up a ton of cap space. To get both AND a big free agent name, they're going to need to cut or restructure Tyson Jackson. Trading down from #1 to #4 would require the Eagles give up a 2nd round pick. I like the idea of trading down and gaining extra compensation. Wonder if swapping firsts with Philly would be enough to get Foles. But what would Philly be targeting at #1 overall for them to make that move? The Chiefs have probably the most undesirable #1 overall pick in the history of the league.
    taking ton of cap space have you looked at our cap we have more than enough to make this happen

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,192
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Just because we have $20 million cap space doesn't mean we have to spend it on two guys that is 1/6 of the total cap for 2 out of 53 players and yes they are both wanting that kind of money from what I hear they both want to be paid as a top 5 player at their position.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Just because we have $20 million cap space doesn't mean we have to spend it on two guys that is 1/6 of the total cap for 2 out of 53 players and yes they are both wanting that kind of money from what I hear they both want to be paid as a top 5 player at their position.
    Bowe probably is a top 5 guy, or atleast close to it.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    847
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Bowe probably is a top 5 guy, or atleast close to it.
    If you are talking in DROPS I would agree. lol couldn't resist.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,450
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Just because we have $20 million cap space doesn't mean we have to spend it on two guys that is 1/6 of the total cap for 2 out of 53 players and yes they are both wanting that kind of money from what I hear they both want to be paid as a top 5 player at their position.
    that's why i think they should part ways withhcassell and his contract. and dorsey with his overpriced rookie salary and especially jackson to free some room up

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    1,191
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yes agree. Cutting cassel and either restructure or cut jackson would almost take care of bowe and albert. Cassel needs a fresh start somewhere else. It would be better for everyone. Would love to swap picks with eagles for foles but think it will cost more that.We might have to swap both 1st amd 2nd rd picks with eagles. Which is still not bad at all. So we draft 3 slots later in 1st amd 2ndrnd without loosing a pick.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,450
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Bowe probably is a top 5 guy, or atleast close to it.
    i agree look at the qb's bowe has had throwing him the ball,huard,thigpen,croyle,cassell,quinn. embarassing yet he has still managed to catch 15 td pases in one year and 1200 yards receiving in another. imagine if he had an actual qb throwing him the ball. if he does go and lands in a place like nyg,gb,hou,bal,ne,indy, his numbers will be through the roof. i hope he stays i would love to see what he can do in a andy reid offense

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,108
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 135

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Yes agree. Cutting cassel and either restructure or cut jackson would almost take care of bowe and albert. Cassel needs a fresh start somewhere else. It would be better for everyone. Would love to swap picks with eagles for foles but think it will cost more that.We might have to swap both 1st amd 2nd rd picks with eagles. Which is still not bad at all. So we draft 3 slots later in 1st amd 2ndrnd without loosing a pick.
    Trading our firsts is equal to the 12th pick in the 1st round. Swapping our 2nd round picks is worth a 6th round pick. If a top 15 pick isnt enough to convince Philly to give us Foles, its like being offered 20k for a new porsche and turning it down because they wont throw in an air freshener. Maybe Im exaggerating, but it seems kinda pointless to try and swap 2nd round picks.

    At the same time, I guess it wouldnt really matter if we had to swap 2nds.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i agree look at the qb's bowe has had throwing him the ball,huard,thigpen,croyle,cassell,quinn. embarassing yet he has still managed to catch 15 td pases in one year and 1200 yards receiving in another. imagine if he had an actual qb throwing him the ball. if he does go and lands in a place like nyg,gb,hou,bal,ne,indy, his numbers will be through the roof. i hope he stays i would love to see what he can do in a andy reid offense
    Exactly!

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    1,191
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I dont think just swapping our 1st rnd with eagles woukd be enough cuz they only gain 4 spots up. So i just thohght we might swap 2nd as well. But either way dont think it will happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I'm curious...do you think the Chiefs will keep Dwayne Bowe?
    By Connie Jo in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 01:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •