Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Texans

Default Dallas Texans

Are there any old school Dallas Texans fans still following the Chiefs? I know it is unlikely but I was just wondering. Would anybody believe such a fan if he made such a claim?

I don't know, are there any old Los Angeles Rams fans around?
    How about St Louis Cardinals fans? Any of those still around?

I believe I met a guy in KC that was a fan back when they were the Dallas Texans, did I believe him? Why not?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Yes. There are.

Are there any Los Angeles Charger fans left?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I don't know, are there any old Los Angeles Rams fans around?
    How about St Louis Cardinals fans? Any of those still around?

I believe I met a guy in KC that was a fan back when they were the Dallas Texans, did I believe him? Why not?
    Let's go back a little farther than that, even. Before the St. Louis Cardinals became the Arizona Cardinals, they were the Chicago Cardinals They made that first move in 1960, 3 years before I was born, so no, I don't remember that. The Dallas Texans became The Kansas City Chiefs in the year I was born, 1963, so we're the same age! I don't remember that move either, obviously.

But I do remember the St. Louis Cardinals, LA Rams, Baltimore Colts, Houston Oilers (who are now the Tennessee Titans), The Oakland then LA and now Oakland again Raiders and the Cleveland Browns who are now the Baltimore Ravens.

Well.....Can't say I am a fan from the days of the Dallas Texans, but when I became a Chiefs fan in the the late '60's (probably '68) I was plenty proud of the fact that we had been the Texans.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 08-16-2011 at 12:10 AM.

I was never a fan of the Texans from Dallas, I only know Chiefs in Kansas City! But I am proud of the history of the franchise, and the intelligence of the founding owner of the Chiefs to have made the decision in the early years, to find a true home for the Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I was never a fan of the Texans from Dallas, I only know Chiefs in Kansas City! But I am proud of the history of the franchise, and the intelligence of the founding owner of the Chiefs to have made the decision in the early years, to find a true home for the Chiefs!

and made the decision to form the AFL. Thanks Lamar!

I have been a fan since the first year of the AFL as a DALLAS TEXANS fan then w/the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS. i know i have posted this before but it was the secondary logo of a cowboy w/lasso on horseback that got me hooked. it reminded me of Pecos Bill. i know i have just dated myself but hey when your old, your old!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoltWalt View Post
    Are there any old school Dallas Texans fans still following the Chiefs? I know it is unlikely but I was just wondering. Would anybody believe such a fan if he made such a claim?

ask my brother, he will confirm i was a TEXANS fan. he was a "boston" patriots fan back in the days of "old bones" babe parelli. what's so hard to believe, you only have to be really old, really loyal, and really stubborn!! hey thats me!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast