Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NFL Combine

Hybrid View

Default 2013 NFL Combine

Hey sports fans! Thought I would make a thread where we could focus on all things combine... Knowing we can have our pick of the litter makes me even more intrigued.

Looks like we have OL and TE working out today. Obviously we know LT is currently in play with the Albert situation and the release of Boss makes me think we will draft a TE at some point. Tomorrow is the big one with QB, WR, and RB to workout. DL and LB Monday with DBs on Tuesday.

I wanted to run the combine drills so I could better relate to what these athletes are going through... So I will kick things off by posting my results.

40 yard dash - 6.78 seconds (official)
    Bench Press - 0.4 Reps
    Vertical Jump - NA (couldn't lower the pole down enough so I could get at the plastic things)
    Broad Jump - 4'11" (official)
    3 Cone Drill - NA (tweaked my ankle on the first turn, started solid though)
    Shuttle Drill - 6.44 seconds (official.... with a beer in my hand)

I graded just a hair more un-athletic than Tom Brady.....

Lets have some fun with this!
    Attached Images Attached Images

40 yard dash - NA
    Bench Press - NA
    Vertical Jump - NA
    Broad Jump - NA
    3 Cone Drill - NA
    Shuttle Drill - NA

(The oxygen tank was too cumbersome)

Man I thought that picture of Poe would be the cover picture and not in the thread... Coach what did I do wrong?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Man I thought that picture of Poe would be the cover picture and not in the thread... Coach what did I do wrong?!?!
    Just paste the picture into the editor where you type your message. No need for attachments. Thanks for trying though. That's considerably more than most.

here are my results

12 oz beer curls-150

24 oz beer bong-4.4 seconds

trip to wendys(not driving)-10 minutes

hours jamming out-3

tylenol for hangover -3

HAHA! Talk about the game is getting stronger and faster....

Terron Armstead, a 306lb OL just ran a 4.65 - 40.

Jerry Rice ran a 4.71............

So at the end of day 1 I feel there is little if any difference between Joechel and Fisher. The tight ends were fun to watch. Eifert and Ertz are studs. I think Vance McDonald out of Rice will be the steal IMO. It goes without saying I can't wait to watch Smith workout. I am by no means sold on him but am intrigued that he decided to throw tomorrow. Much like Cam Newton, it says to me his agent knows he isn't the sure fire #1 pick and he wants to raise his stock. Ultimately what we do in FA will be way more of a tell to what are intentions are in the draft than anything else.

Here's to the Chiefs making the best of this offseason!!

Every year there is a guy that comes to the combine and makes himself a bunch of money. Today that player was OL Terron Armstead, Arkansas-Pine Bluff. He is near in the top of the board in almost every measurable. Meanwhile, Joeckel was middle of the pack in almost every drill. These drills aren't everything, but they have to mean something.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...fficial-465-40
    Last edited by Coach; 02-23-2013 at 06:18 PM.

If Al Davis were still alive, is there any doubt Armstead would be a Raider?

After watching the OL section and listening to and reading the depth at tackle in this years draft, if we do not resign Albert, im half hoping we trade back and get more picks. Then get one of the top two guards in Warmack out of Bama, or Cooper out of UNC. They are supposed to be as good or better than DeCastro last year and he was regarded as the best in years. Then assuming we get a second round pick for moving back, trade back into the first for one of the top TE like Eifert, and then get one of the remaining top 5 tackles that would be left when we draft in the second round.

All of this is assuming Geno doesnt dominate the combine and we are set on picking him 1st overall.

What do you guys think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast