Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 NFL Combine

Default 2013 NFL Combine

Hey sports fans! Thought I would make a thread where we could focus on all things combine... Knowing we can have our pick of the litter makes me even more intrigued.

Looks like we have OL and TE working out today. Obviously we know LT is currently in play with the Albert situation and the release of Boss makes me think we will draft a TE at some point. Tomorrow is the big one with QB, WR, and RB to workout. DL and LB Monday with DBs on Tuesday.

I wanted to run the combine drills so I could better relate to what these athletes are going through... So I will kick things off by posting my results.

40 yard dash - 6.78 seconds (official)
    Bench Press - 0.4 Reps
    Vertical Jump - NA (couldn't lower the pole down enough so I could get at the plastic things)
    Broad Jump - 4'11" (official)
    3 Cone Drill - NA (tweaked my ankle on the first turn, started solid though)
    Shuttle Drill - 6.44 seconds (official.... with a beer in my hand)

I graded just a hair more un-athletic than Tom Brady.....

Lets have some fun with this!

I like it, But I would rather draft a LT if we go O-line in this draft. I like Allen and Asomoah at Guard a lot. Still so much to have happen in this offseason to have a clear perspective. With Albert, Dorsey, and Jackson all likely gone I hate to say it but we may be using valuable picks for these positions.

Geno runs a 4.56 unofficial... Russell Wilson ran a 4.55 just to put it into perspective. This helps his stock for sure. His broad jump was great as well. I hope this translates into his arm. He should throw with good zip.

I think physically he has it all... i just can't help but be concerned about the type of leader he can be. with a strong showing from him the chiefs can say, "We have our option at QB"... Thus using it as leverage if Foles is the guy Reid really wants.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Geno runs a 4.56 unofficial... Russell Wilson ran a 4.55 just to put it into perspective. This helps his stock for sure. His broad jump was great as well. I hope this translates into his arm. He should throw with good zip.

I think physically he has it all... i just can't help but be concerned about the type of leader he can be. with a strong showing from him the chiefs can say, "We have our option at QB"... Thus using it as leverage if Foles is the guy Reid really wants.

100% Agree! The better people perform only helps the Chiefs and the options we will have at the #1 spot or more value if we want to trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post

That is right. The tools are there, like they were with Jamarcas Russell, but if he does not have it in the head, then it is a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    That is right. The tools are there, like they were with Jamarcas Russell, but if he does not have it in the head, then it is a no go.
    Eugene Geno Smith ‏@GenoSmith_12
    4.56 40, 10.4 broad jump, 34 inch vert. Yet none of this defines me as a QB! The game is won between the ears, study the tape!

Seems Geno agrees with you!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

40 yard dash - too tired
    Bench Press - too weak
    Vertical Jump - too old
    Broad Jump - just my wife
    3 Cone Drill - ice cream???
    Shuttle Drill- cordless farther than corded
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12