Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cassel gone???

Default Cassel gone???

Matt Cassel's four-year run in Kansas City could be coming to an end as the Chiefs quarterback is 'destined to be released soon,' according to USA Today.

The move wouldn't be shocking because Cassel is due $7.5 million in 2013 and to say he struggled last season would be an understatement.

CBS Sports link

been pretty much silent on this. looks like Andy might send him packin'
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Would have been Interesting to see how much of that horrible play was coaching but not worth the money to see him as a backup

Actually I believe if he were to renegotiate his contract to a backup qbs salary I'd like to see him stay to find out

The problem is Cassel has absolutely no confidence and it would take a couple of years for him to get that back, if indeed he could ever get past that.

Hopefully geno res structures and signers a new 3 yr deal.

I would love for the Chiefs to cut him, and then resign him under a contract. From watching him play and watching the offensive play calling the last two years. I do not believe Cassel is the worste QB ever to play the game. I think he would be a top candidate to be any teams back up QB. He is exactly the type of player that you would want to come in a start a game or two should a starter get hurt. If the Chiefs let him go. I won't be upset either, however, I just think people have to look past their biased hatred for him as a starter and look at him what he is. I would take him over Quinn any second.

If they let him go, someone will pick him up to be a back up. If Charlie Batch, Damon Huard and Todd Collins can be back ups, Cassle will get a shot.

I meant cassell not geno. Or trade for 4th rd

Quinn should already be gone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Quinn should already be gone!!!!
    Not until the 12th when the 2012 year is over that is why the Smith trade is on hold and there are no free agents yet unless they were cut by their old teams.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12