Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cassel gone???

Default Cassel gone???

Matt Cassel's four-year run in Kansas City could be coming to an end as the Chiefs quarterback is 'destined to be released soon,' according to USA Today.

The move wouldn't be shocking because Cassel is due $7.5 million in 2013 and to say he struggled last season would be an understatement.

CBS Sports link

been pretty much silent on this. looks like Andy might send him packin'
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thanks for posting image with your story. Not sure what to think about Cassel. A year ago, I was a big fan. Sadly, I now think its time for him to go. Great guy, great teammate, great leader, not a gifted passer though. Toughest guy on this team in my opinion.

He has to have some trade value. Even a 4th or 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    He has to have some trade value. Even a 4th or 5th
    Not likely since every team knows he will be cut anyhow. Alex Smith is better and may not garner trade interest for the same reason. Neither team wants to pay $8mm/yr for a backup QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Not likely since every team knows he will be cut anyhow. Alex Smith is better and may not garner trade interest for the same reason. Neither team wants to pay $8mm/yr for a backup QB.
    So why, if it's true, did they give up a second (possibly another) for him?(Smith). that's just crazy. Do these people not know how to play poker?

Bye bye Matt Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Bye bye Matt Cassel.
    Sayonara!

Everyone loves the mix of good and specific information in conjunction with a number of intellectual opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by biscco View Post
    Everyone loves the mix of good and specific information in conjunction with a number of intellectual opinions.
    YEAH, What he said........

I kinda feel bad for Matt Cassel, I think the biggest thing here is Matt has lost his confidence and does no longer believe in himself. The team has been the same way for sometime now, there was little to no chemistry with him and the rest of the Offense.

Unless you are completely arrogent, or/and are without compassion (and Matt is not) its gotta eat you up from within to know you get BIG dollars, high expectations and horrible results. I really dont see him playing this coming year.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    YEAH, What he said........

I kinda feel bad for Matt Cassel, I think the biggest thing here is Matt has lost his confidence and does no longer believe in himself. The team has been the same way for sometime now, there was little to no chemistry with him and the rest of the Offense.

Unless you are completely arrogent, or/and are without compassion (and Matt is not) its gotta eat you up from within to know you get BIG dollars, high expectations and horrible results. I really dont see him playing this coming year.
    I think he's done in the NFL; I doubt there's a team out there willing to pick him up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast