Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: Trade effectively done for alex smith?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    624
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default Trade effectively done for alex smith?


    0 Not allowed!

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Bono, Grbac, Cassel, Smith.

    I cannot even begin to express my frustration with this franchise. We don't ever learn anything from the past.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    847
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    I can't wait till March 12th when we find out its all a big painful joke! Just hoping.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    In the last 4 years Alex Smith has only three 300-yard games.

    Cassel has 4.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,668
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 395
    Given: 76

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Alex Smith is a noodle armed qb who played well on an extremely stacked team. Sound familiar? His play reminds me of Cassel.

    Anyone not named Geno would not make you happy

    But anyway tell me when has Cassel won a playoff game? When has Cassel ever had his team a muffed punt away from being in the SUPER bowl? Those results don't say Matt Cassel to me. How about we give him a chance before whining just because we are not going to go QB first pick or Geno.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Anyone not named Geno would not make you happy

    But anyway tell me when has Cassel won a playoff game? When has Cassel ever had his team a muffed punt away from being in the SUPER bowl? Those results don't say Matt Cassel to me. How about we give him a chance before whining just because we are not going to go QB first pick or Geno.

    Cassel does not have a playoff win. The fact we are even putting our new qb in the same boat as Cassel is just sad.

    Smith and Cassel have idential YPA. Cassel in the last 4 seasons has one more 300 yard passing game than Smith does, which is 4 games versus Smith's 3. He averaged 187 ypg under Harbaugh. The whole thing is just sad. We are giving up so much for someone who reminds me an awful lot of Cassel.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,668
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 395
    Given: 76

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Bono, Grbac, Cassel, Smith.

    I cannot even begin to express my frustration with this franchise. We don't ever learn anything from the past.
    Funny how you don't mention Trent Green who gave us the number 1 offense in the NFL for a number of years. Or even the last QB to win a playoff game for us Joe Montana funny how you just happen to leave them out.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Cassel does not have a playoff win. The fact we are even putting our new qb in the same boat as Cassel is just sad.

    Smith and Cassel have idential YPA. Cassel in the last 4 seasons has one more 300 yard passing game than Smith does, which is 4 games versus Smith's 3. The whole thing is just sad. We are giving up so much for someone who reminds me an awful lot of Cassel.
    You will find a way to put any qb not named Geno in the same boat as Cassel. The fact is that Alex Smith has put his team in a position to get to the super bowl no matter how much you don't like him that's a fact. That's something Cassel never did. Are you telling me the 2011 niners are better then the Pats in 08?

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Funny how you don't mention Trent Green who gave us the number 1 offense in the NFL for a number of years. Or even the last QB to win a playoff game for us Joe Montana funny how you just happen to leave them out.



    You will find a way to put any qb not named Geno in the same boat as Cassel. The fact is that Alex Smith has put his team in a position to get to the super bowl no matter how much you don't like him that's a fact. That's something Cassel never did. Are you telling me the 2011 niners are better then the Pats in 08?
    Alex smith is more of a game manager, don't turn the ball over type of qb which is why I don't understand giving up so much for him. Like it or not he resembles Cassel, and I don't consider a qb whose job is to manage the game as someone who puts them in a position to contend for the super bowl.

    Look at his stats and play, he and Cassel are VERY VERY similar.

    And if you remember correctly I wanted to trade down and pick Barkley and a CB versus drafting Geno with the first pick. I would of been fine either way, but not with this.

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Smith's unofficial trade from San Francisco to Kansas City invited comparisons between Smith and recent Chiefs starting quarterback Matt Cassel. Smith was much better than Cassel during the 2012 season. He has much better traditional passing stats over the past two seasons. But as the chart shows, Cassel and Smith have identical Total QBR scores over the past five years. They were at 46.6. All starting quarterbacks were at 53.0 over that period. ()

    Cassel was slightly ahead of Smith, 46.4 to 45.8, when only starts were considered.

    We ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.

  10. #39
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I absolutely agree Guru, but Smith is absolutely NOT just another teams cast off. Smith lost his starting job because of injury; it wasn't like he was benched because he WASN'T performing at a high level. I have no problem with drafting a QB to develop as well and I think that Smith would be a good QB to learn from. It's not a question of me signing off on this move particularly if it's going to happen anyway, I’m just trying to see the glass half full. I'm a fan of the of the Kansas City Chiefs, as I know you are, and as such the best we can hope for is that those making these kinds of decisions do so from years of proven successful experience. I get your point and understand the frustration; you and I have been a very large part of that frustration for far too long especially with regards to the QB position. We have been a QB away from a winning season, playoff win and SB appearance for far too many years now. However, the game has somewhat changed, now that we have the rookie cap we can do both. At the end of the day: it is what it is.

    However, I do concede you're point about doing something different.
    You have more patience than I do then. I'm tired of banging my head against the wall.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Did you really just compare Brett Favres situation to Smith? Favre had been a rookie backup for one season. Smith is going into his 9th year. If you look at the stats Alex Smith IS Matt Cassel. (with a few less TD and a few more INTs and a slightly worse career QB rating) Guru is absolutely correct. Same old crap.
    Holy Crap!!! Is it the end of the world? Canada and I agree on something? WOW!!!!!
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Alex Smith...
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 02:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •