Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

Default ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

Source: Chiefs to acquire Alex Smith
    ESPN.com news services | February 27, 2013
    The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs, a league source confirmed to ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Terms of the trade, which can't officially be completed until March 12 when the 2013 league year begins, weren't immediately available.

The trade agreement was first reported by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer on Twitter.

Smith, the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick, lost his starting job to Colin Kaepernick while sitting out with a concussion but was professional at every turn and continued to mentor his replacement.

Before his injury, Smith had completed 26 of his last 28 passes -- including going 18-of-19 for 232 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a "Monday Night Football" win at Arizona on Oct. 29.

He then sustained a concussion in the second quarter of the 49ers' next game, a 24-24 tie against St. Louis on Nov. 11. Smith sat out the next game as Kaepernick dazzled in his debut as an NFL starter, beating the Bears handily at home on "Monday Night Football." Smith didn't start again last season.

The 28-year-old quarterback has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Dont hate it to much. Rumor is actually for a 2nd this year and then a comprable pick next year, so it could be two first round picks :)

And 2nd rounder and another one next year is just way too high of a price for Smith.

We have given up way to much for what looks like a slightly better qb. This really sucks!

Nearly every one predicted 1 or more of the top 5 qbs in the draft to still be there at the 34th pick! And we give up that and triple the salary! Most people say there is very little difference in the top 5. Truely makes no sense.

I may take up drinking again.
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 02-27-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Screw this team, I give up.

This franchise can rot!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Screw this team, I give up.

This franchise can rot!

If this is any more than a rumor then this is likely to happen.

Not good the 49ers would have released this guy and the Chiefs are giving a 2nd rounder if this is true... that is the 49ers laughing at us.

I am ok with this . The Chiefs had no choice. Foles was not going to happen. I called both Coach & Qb coming to KC... When does KC VS SF play? New stadium in SJ I will go :} The trolley goes right there/nice. Tired of all the Chit at the blackhole...
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

We over paid due time az's bid.. sucks. But glad to have him.

I don't hate getting Smith, but agree that a second round draft pick was a price too high.

Incumbent quarterback Matt Cassel, once acquired in a similar deal by former GM Scott Pioli, is expected to be released by the Chiefs any day now. New GM John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid are starting over from scratch at the quarterback position, with Smith the first big piece in place. Don't be surprised if they add another quarterback through the draft, but this trade is an admission that no rookie quarterback was ready to start right away.

With his smarts and his underrated mobility, Smith makes a lot of sense as an Andy Reid-style quarterback. He can help the Chiefs compete right away because the team has talent on defense and some pieces in place offensively like Jamaal Charles, Jon Baldwin and possibly Dwayne Bowe, who sounds likely to get the franchise tag. The downside for Smith: He doesn't have Jim Harbaugh to guide him anymore.

Smith had a ton of ups and downs in San Francisco. Now he gets what he wanted most: A fresh start and an organization that truly wants him.
    It is what it is.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast