Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 138

Thread: ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    614
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 73

    Default ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!


    1 Not allowed!
    Source: Chiefs to acquire Alex Smith
    ESPN.com news services | February 27, 2013
    The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs, a league source confirmed to ESPN.com's John Clayton.


    Terms of the trade, which can't officially be completed until March 12 when the 2013 league year begins, weren't immediately available.


    The trade agreement was first reported by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer on Twitter.


    Smith, the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick, lost his starting job to Colin Kaepernick while sitting out with a concussion but was professional at every turn and continued to mentor his replacement.


    Before his injury, Smith had completed 26 of his last 28 passes -- including going 18-of-19 for 232 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a "Monday Night Football" win at Arizona on Oct. 29.


    He then sustained a concussion in the second quarter of the 49ers' next game, a 24-24 tie against St. Louis on Nov. 11. Smith sat out the next game as Kaepernick dazzled in his debut as an NFL starter, beating the Bears handily at home on "Monday Night Football." Smith didn't start again last season.


    The 28-year-old quarterback has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.


    Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    It's cool. The 49ers will turn our pick into Revis and the Raiders will get a franchise QB in Geno. Whatever, I'm over it.

    The only way I'd be halfway satisfied with this nonsense is if they have a partner who wants to trade up to #1 for Geno.

    I am not over it. It's going to be the same old garbage we have experienced the past 4 seasons.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,583
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    And I had a feeling the same old blind Chiefs' faithful who were satisfied with the Matt Cassel pickup would be satisfied with this move.
    REALLY?

    Where have I ever said I was satisfied with Cassel Find me a post where I say lets keep Cassel find me 1 I beg you. STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH I have said over and over again Cassel needs to go. Just because I blame the D when they suck instead of putting a loss on Cassel alone does NOT mean I'm satisfied with Cassel.

    But keep whining I'm done with it you will never give Smith even a chance So like I told you with Cassel when you ignored the failings of others Keep hating it's all your doing.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    847
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Had a feeling the Geno worshipers would be whining today when I heard the news forget the fact he has taken a team to the NFC title game his name isn't Geno so we have to whine and say he's Cassel.

    I dont care what our qb's name is and will be, as long as its the best available. A Smith clearly does not fit that catagory. There are at least 5 qb's in the draft that would be better suited for the Chiefs and would cost a whole heck of a lot less. Quite possible we could have picked one of these with the wasted 2nd round pick we are giving up for A Smith. Rumor is we are giving up next years 2nd round pick as well. Giving up this much for a backup qb (if we gave 2 2nds) will hurt us for a long time.

    You must have forgot what Alex's record was before he had the GREAT OL he had in San Fran.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    REALLY?

    Where have I ever said I was satisfied with Cassel Find me a post where I say lets keep Cassel find me 1 I beg you. STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH I have said over and over again Cassel needs to go. Just because I blame the D when they suck instead of putting a loss on Cassel alone does NOT mean I'm satisfied with Cassel.

    But keep whining I'm done with it you will never give Smith even a chance So like I told you with Cassel when you ignored the failings of others Keep hating it's all your doing.

    You sound like a broken record every year. "Just give him a chance." I heard the same thing with Cassel. I have seen Alex Smith play and he is a slightly better version of Matt Cassel. Even with Harbaugh his stats are very COMPARABLE to Cassel's, and in some ways worse.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,500
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 322
    Given: 317

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. Dunno if I like it or not. Lots of pros and cons.....

    If the #2 this year and a conditional #2 next year are true then we probably paid too much.

    And like everyone else I am depressed to see us YET AGAIN picking up someone else's retread.

    But what choice did we really have?

    I don't see any QB in the draft that is sure to come in and light things up from day one.

    And I am sure Reid has been told "IMPROVE THINGS NOW!". So it was almost inevitable we were going to pick up some team's retread for at least the short term.

    If that is what we were going to do then I am not sure how much better we were going to do than Smith.

    So I guess I am OK with Smith. Maybe.

    I guess what will really decide things for me is if the Chiefs draft a QB this year and make an honest effort to develop him.

    If Reid thinks Smith is our QBOTF then I am going to be PISSED!

    If Reid got Smith to get us out of the sewer while he develops a QBOTF then I'm OK with it.

    I just wish like hell their was a really amazing QB in the draft this year. But their doesn't seem to be.

    Dorsey and Reid are supposed to be real hot-shot personel guys. And outside of QB, we're not far from being a damned good team.

    Getting Smith will eventually prove to be the smartest or the stupidest thing we have ever done. I am hoping for the former.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,583
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I dont care what our qb's name is and will be, as long as its the best available. A Smith clearly does not fit that catagory. There are at least 5 qb's in the draft that would be better suited for the Chiefs and would cost a whole heck of a lot less. Quite possible we could have picked one of these with the wasted 2nd round pick we are giving up for A Smith. Rumor is we are giving up next years 2nd round pick as well. Giving up this much for a backup qb (if we gave 2 2nds) will hurt us for a long time.

    You must have forgot what Alex's record was before he had the GREAT OL he had in San Fran.
    I didn't forget Smith's record before I just look at the whole picture. When he got an improved OL and a head coach that was any good he took his team to the NFC title game. We have a good O line with some help it can be GREAT and we have a better coach Smith COULD win in KC. Will He I don't know no one does until we see him play. But shouldn't we at the very least give the guy a chance before we declare he's Matt Cassel 2.0 like some are doing. He hasn't played 1 game with the Chiefs hasn't played one snap we don't know how he will play. He isn't Matt Cassel he has taken a team farther then Matt Cassel ever has. He COULD do the same. It just disappoints me that so many won't even give him a chance and talk about how stupid our team is.

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,583
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    You sound like a broken record every year. "Just give him a chance." I heard the same thing with Cassel. I have seen Alex Smith play and he is a slightly better version of Matt Cassel. Even with Harbaugh his stats are very COMPARABLE to Cassel's, and in some ways worse.
    And you sound like a broken record "Our QB sucks" BLAH BLAH BLAH

    Since when is it so wrong for a fan of a team to give a move or a player a chance?

    But don't let me get in the way of your hating hate away

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And you sound like a broken record "Our QB sucks" BLAH BLAH BLAH

    Since when is it so wrong for a fan of a team to give a move or a player a chance?

    But don't let me get in the way of your hating hate away

    Yes and I was right about that. Our qb's suck, and when you bring one in that is similar to Cassel I have no choice but to complain.

    But maybe I should get excited about a guy who averaged 187 ypg and had comparable YPG, YPA, QBR to Cassel. We even traded a 2nd round pick for him and even more!

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. Dunno if I like it or not. Lots of pros and cons.....

    If the #2 this year and a conditional #2 next year are true then we probably paid too much.

    And like everyone else I am depressed to see us YET AGAIN picking up someone else's retread.

    But what choice did we really have?

    I don't see any QB in the draft that is sure to come in and light things up from day one.

    And I am sure Reid has been told "IMPROVE THINGS NOW!". So it was almost inevitable we were going to pick up some team's retread for at least the short term.

    If that is what we were going to do then I am not sure how much better we were going to do than Smith.

    So I guess I am OK with Smith. Maybe.

    I guess what will really decide things for me is if the Chiefs draft a QB this year and make an honest effort to develop him.

    If Reid thinks Smith is our QBOTF then I am going to be PISSED!

    If Reid got Smith to get us out of the sewer while he develops a QBOTF then I'm OK with it.

    I just wish like hell their was a really amazing QB in the draft this year. But their doesn't seem to be.

    Dorsey and Reid are supposed to be real hot-shot personel guys. And outside of QB, we're not far from being a damned good team.

    Getting Smith will eventually prove to be the smartest or the stupidest thing we have ever done. I am hoping for the former.


    Pros? We absolutely got screwed with this deal. We gave up A TON.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,449
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 13

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Yes and I was right about that. Our qb's suck, and when you bring one in that is similar to Cassel I have no choice but to complain.

    But maybe I should get excited about a guy who averaged 187 ypg and had comparable YPG, YPA, QBR to Cassel. We even traded a 2nd round pick for him and even more!
    i hate to say it but you are right nobody remembers how injury prone alex smith is. i dont know the numbers but the guy has been hurt alot. we struck out on this deal in a big way. a freaking 2nd round pick. that shows nothing but desperation on dorsey and reids part. if they would have given up a third then we could of taken an e.j manuel or tyler wilson as a little bit of insurance. but now we are stuck with smith and probably stanzi and some no name dink.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trade effectively done for alex smith?
    By marloweopatchiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 08:01 AM
  2. Alex Smith...
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 02:39 PM
  3. more alex smith to chiefs news
    By marloweopatchiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 01:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •