Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 138

Thread: ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    644
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 77

    Default ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!


    1 Not allowed!
    Source: Chiefs to acquire Alex Smith
    ESPN.com news services | February 27, 2013
    The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs, a league source confirmed to ESPN.com's John Clayton.


    Terms of the trade, which can't officially be completed until March 12 when the 2013 league year begins, weren't immediately available.


    The trade agreement was first reported by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer on Twitter.


    Smith, the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick, lost his starting job to Colin Kaepernick while sitting out with a concussion but was professional at every turn and continued to mentor his replacement.


    Before his injury, Smith had completed 26 of his last 28 passes -- including going 18-of-19 for 232 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a "Monday Night Football" win at Arizona on Oct. 29.


    He then sustained a concussion in the second quarter of the 49ers' next game, a 24-24 tie against St. Louis on Nov. 11. Smith sat out the next game as Kaepernick dazzled in his debut as an NFL starter, beating the Bears handily at home on "Monday Night Football." Smith didn't start again last season.


    The 28-year-old quarterback has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.


    Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

  2. #71
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Not if you play good offenses that can put up points. We dont have a dominant defense like they do in SF, and since we don't Smith will struggle IMMENSELEY beating good offenses (See sig below)

    What you don't understand is Smith will be asked to throw more here. When he was asked to throw in SF he struggled, it wasn't until Harbaugh came and reduced his attempts that he finally stopped making mistakes and his rating improved. Reid does not run a run heavy offense, he runs a passing attack.

    He doesn't win games Matt, his running game and defense did. Only when they reduced his attempts and eliminate turnovers the offense played better. SF even let Smith shop around last offseason to different teams, teams that didn't even want him.

    He isn't going to have Harbaugh in KC, he will be forced to pass, and then he will struggle.
    I think you will see our defense improve this year. The biggest problem we had with our defense last year was that they were on the field too much of the time which is why it seemed like they gave up as the game progressed because buy the mid third quarter they were spent. This was facilitated by an inept offense that could not consistently sustain a drive that ended in more than three points. If Reid is smart with Smith, and I think he will be, than he will modify his pass heavy offense and put us in a position to be successful every game.


  3. #72
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,199
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 22

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Well I agree I think the defense will be better but to say they were on the field too much last year is a misnomer. 2012 stats show that the Chiefs were 18th in the league for time of possession right at 30 min a game in fact TOP was 50.52%. My source

    As far a what we gave up, we really don't know it is all rumors at this time, until the deals is done we just don't know.

  4. #73
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Well I agree I think the defense will be better but to say they were on the field too much last year is a misnomer. 2012 stats show that the Chiefs were 18th in the league for time of possession right at 30 min a game in fact TOP was 50.52%. My source

    As far a what we gave up, we really don't know it is all rumors at this time, until the deals is done we just don't know.
    I guess it just seemed to me like I saw them on the field too much of the time. However, I think it's tough for a defense to defend a three point gain playing high powered offenses, but I do concede your point about time of possession.


  5. #74
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,199
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 22

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I guess it just seemed to me like I saw them on the field too much of the time. However, I think it's tough for a defense to defend a three point gain playing high powered offenses, but I do concede your point about time of possession.
    I agree with you on the offense only getting 3 points instead of 7 way to many times 100%. I got soooo tired of watching them go down the field and stall around 25 yard line have a 4 and 1 and trot out the FG team. I remember several times were the D would give the ball to the O inside the 20 and still settle for a FG.

  6. #75
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I agree with you on the offense only getting 3 points instead of 7 way to many times 100%. I got soooo tired of watching them go down the field and stall around 25 yard line have a 4 and 1 and trot out the FG team. I remember several times were the D would give the ball to the O inside the 20 and still settle for a FG.
    Exactly! Extremely frustrating!


  7. #76
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Well I agree I think the defense will be better but to say they were on the field too much last year is a misnomer. 2012 stats show that the Chiefs were 18th in the league for time of possession right at 30 min a game in fact TOP was 50.52%. My source

    As far a what we gave up, we really don't know it is all rumors at this time, until the deals is done we just don't know.

    Well that is great, because in his entire career including Harbaugh Alex Smith has been among the worst in third down conversion %.

    The 49ers have been no higher than 25th in third-down conversion percentage for Alex Smith's entire career.

    32nd
    26th
    32nd
    29th
    29th
    31st
    25th

  8. #77
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,854
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Well I agree I think the defense will be better but to say they were on the field too much last year is a misnomer. 2012 stats show that the Chiefs were 18th in the league for time of possession right at 30 min a game in fact TOP was 50.52%. My source

    As far a what we gave up, we really don't know it is all rumors at this time, until the deals is done we just don't know.
    THANK YOU

    The defense biggest issue was that they were inconsistent they would have games like the Ravens and the first against the Donkeys where they looked outstanding. Then there were games like the opener the 2nd game the game against tampa where granny could have gone out with her walker and scored against them. The HORRIBLE coaching I would say played a factor in that. Hopefully we see more of the good defense then the bad with the new coaching staff.

    The defense is tired thing is just something The Cassel haters like to say to give the defense a hall pass and talk about that horrible Matt Cassel
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I agree with you on the offense only getting 3 points instead of 7 way to many times 100%. I got soooo tired of watching them go down the field and stall around 25 yard line have a 4 and 1 and trot out the FG team. I remember several times were the D would give the ball to the O inside the 20 and still settle for a FG.

    Most frustrating thing about the season. We could move the ball a good amount of the time then we would get in our own way. Either a turnover or something a penalty something would kill the drive. Made me want to bang my head against the wall.
    ​BAN ROY


  9. #78
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    THANK YOU

    The defense biggest issue was that they were inconsistent they would have games like the Ravens and the first against the Donkeys where they looked outstanding. Then there were games like the opener the 2nd game the game against tampa where granny could have gone out with her walker and scored against them. The HORRIBLE coaching I would say played a factor in that. Hopefully we see more of the good defense then the bad with the new coaching staff.

    The defense is tired thing is just something The Cassel haters like to say to give the defense a hall pass and talk about that horrible Matt Cassel



    Most frustrating thing about the season. We could move the ball a good amount of the time then we would get in our own way. Either a turnover or something a penalty something would kill the drive. Made me want to bang my head against the wall.


    And you think Alex Smith is going to help our d stay off the field? He is among the worst in 3rd down %.

  10. #79
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,854
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    And you think Alex Smith is going to help our d stay off the field? He is among the worst in 3rd down %.
    That was with the niners we don't no what he will do with the Chiefs it's apples to oranges maybe he fits better with the Chiefs talent maybe he's even worse we don't know that yet. Why assume that it will be that way in KC other then his first name isn't Geno?
    ​BAN ROY


  11. #80
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    866
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That was with the niners we don't no what he will do with the Chiefs it's apples to oranges maybe he fits better with the Chiefs talent maybe he's even worse we don't know that yet. Why assume that it will be that way in KC other then his first name isn't Geno?


    Yes we do, Reid runs a pass heavy offense, when Smith throws the football he struggles. Under Reid's offense a qb typically will have atleast 34 attepts, alex smiths record when he has atleast 34 attemps per game is 3-13.

    Under Harbaugh Smith had his passing attempts cut back, and it was only then that the offense started to perform well.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 03-02-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trade effectively done for alex smith?
    By marloweopatchiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 08:01 AM
  2. Alex Smith...
    By Chiefster in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 02:39 PM
  3. more alex smith to chiefs news
    By marloweopatchiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 01:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •