Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

Default ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

Source: Chiefs to acquire Alex Smith
    ESPN.com news services | February 27, 2013
    The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs, a league source confirmed to ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Terms of the trade, which can't officially be completed until March 12 when the 2013 league year begins, weren't immediately available.

The trade agreement was first reported by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer on Twitter.

Smith, the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick, lost his starting job to Colin Kaepernick while sitting out with a concussion but was professional at every turn and continued to mentor his replacement.

Before his injury, Smith had completed 26 of his last 28 passes -- including going 18-of-19 for 232 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a "Monday Night Football" win at Arizona on Oct. 29.

He then sustained a concussion in the second quarter of the 49ers' next game, a 24-24 tie against St. Louis on Nov. 11. Smith sat out the next game as Kaepernick dazzled in his debut as an NFL starter, beating the Bears handily at home on "Monday Night Football." Smith didn't start again last season.

The 28-year-old quarterback has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Yes we do, Reid runs a pass heavy offense, when Smith throws the football he struggles. Under Reid's offense a qb typically will have atleast 34 attepts, alex smiths record when he has atleast 34 attemps per game is 3-13.

Under Harbaugh Smith had his passing attempts cut back, and it was only then that the offense started to perform well.
    So you think Andy Reid is so stupid that he wouldn't change the offense any at all with different talent? Really?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    So you think Andy Reid is so stupid that he wouldn't change the offense any at all with different talent? Really?
    No, he runs a west coast offense. Every quarterback he has had, regardless of who it is throws the ball A TON. So even though he has had change of personnel, quarterbacks under Reid don't change in the passing attempts category.

No, he runs a west coast offense. Every quarterback he has had, regardless of who it is throws the ball A TON. So even though he has had change of personnel, quarterbacks under Reid don't change in the passing attempts category.
    So you have no faith in Reid? You don't think he will use Charles? You don't seem to have faith in anyone anymore since there not bringing in your choice. Instead you're already judging that we are doomed to fail. Go on hating my man I'm done with it. You will never give him a fair chance. Instead you point out all the bad make excuses for the good. I'll be honest Smith wasn't my first choice. My first choice stayed in school. But I will at least give the move a chance. Call me crazy but I think that's what all a teams fans should do. But go on hating go on with your lips on genos rearend
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

So you have no faith in Reid? You don't think he will use Charles? You don't seem to have faith in anyone anymore since there not bringing in your choice. Instead you're already judging that we are doomed to fail. Go on hating my man I'm done with it. You will never give him a fair chance. Instead you point out all the bad make excuses for the good. I'll be honest Smith wasn't my first choice. My first choice stayed in school. But I will at least give the move a chance. Call me crazy but I think that's what all a teams fans should do. But go on hating go on with your lips on genos rearend

Of course he will use Charles just like he used Mccoy in phili. Just because you are pass heavy doesn't mean you will not ever run the ball. The problem is Smith has relied on the running game in the past to improve his numbers. Now he is coming into a situation where he will have to throw even more! It's a recipe for disaster.

I didn't/don't mind Alex Smith coming here. What I do mind is what we traded for him and how long his contract is set up to be here. This is 2009 all over again.

Of course he will use Charles just like he used Mccoy in phili. Just because you are pass heavy doesn't mean you will not ever run the ball. The problem is Smith has relied on the running game in the past to improve his numbers. Now he is coming into a situation where he will have to throw even more! It's a recipe for disaster.

I didn't/don't mind Alex Smith coming here. What I do mind is what we traded for him and how long his contract is set up to be here. This is 2009 all over again.
    Sorry but throwing the BS flag on this you have done nothing but whine about how he is anther Cassel you have GONE ON AND ON AND ON about it. No matter how well he has done over the last two years you won't here it. You make it out to be they won inspite of him. You give him NO CREDIT at all for the improvement he made over the last two seasons. You deemed him as a "noodle arm" when his Yard per completion was within .1 of the guy who you love. (notice my sig I can do that to) You say oh look he hasn't won when the defense sucked. Well maybe if the defense didn't suck they would have it's a TEAM game. (You are willing to mention that when Geno's 5 game losing streak is brought up) You don't like him that's fine as I said I don't love the move but don't ignore the facts that he played well over the last year and a half again he had a winning % of almost 75% but ignore that to right? Don't lie my man you do mind Alex Smith being in KC. If you didn't you would have shut up about it by now.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Sorry but throwing the BS flag on this you have done nothing but whine about how he is anther Cassel you have GONE ON AND ON AND ON about it. No matter how well he has done over the last two years you won't here it. You make it out to be they won inspite of him. You give him NO CREDIT at all for the improvement he made over the last two seasons. You deemed him as a "noodle arm" when his Yard per completion was within .1 of the guy who you love. (notice my sig I can do that to) You say oh look he hasn't won when the defense sucked. Well maybe if the defense didn't suck they would have it's a TEAM game. (You are willing to mention that when Geno's 5 game losing streak is brought up) You don't like him that's fine as I said I don't love the move but don't ignore the facts that he played well over the last year and a half again he had a winning % of almost 75% but ignore that to right? Don't lie my man you do mind Alex Smith being in KC. If you didn't you would have shut up about it by now.

I don't mind him being here as a backup qb or temporary solution. I DO MIND TRADING THAT MUCH FOR HIM and signing him to a deal similar to what Cassel received. And what happened with the Cassel situation? You think we would learn from aquiring back up qbs from other teams.

What improvement? The coach limited his throws and the offense was much more effective. The only improvement I see from him is that he eliminated his mistakes, he still takes massive amounts of sacks.

Why would I be excited about a guy who was benched 8 times, he has had 1.5 winning seasons, and then eventually was replaced by another qb (Kaepernick, which technically wasn't his fault even though he is injury prone). Those 8 times he was benched were not even in favor of NFL starting calibur quarterbacks.

Matt, Alex Smith throws the short ball more than Matt Cassel. We have no idea what we are getting ourselves into.

Alex Smith, percentage of throws under 10 yards, 2011/2012:

73.3% (486 total)

Matt Cassel, percentage of throws under 10 yards, 2010:

64.4%

Matt Cassel, percentage of throws under 10 yards, Chiefs career:

65.8 % (980 total)

It's dink and dunk all over again.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 03-02-2013 at 07:12 PM.

I am so tired of his rhetoric that for now MMH is on my ignore list, once he gets off his kick about how bad AS is and moves on I will take him off ignore. It is a bummer to come in here and read the same crap in several threads by him. I know he hates the deal and no matter what anyone says about he is not going to change his mind so why waste the time? We don't know what the deal is until it is done and already it is terrible in his mind it won't like it if it was a 4th round pick, and he is unhappy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I am so tired of his rhetoric that for now MMH is on my ignore list, once he gets off his kick about how bad AS is and moves on I will take him off ignore. It is a bummer to come in here and read the same crap in several threads by him. I know he hates the deal and no matter what anyone says about he is not going to change his mind so why waste the time? We don't know what the deal is until it is done and already it is terrible in his mind it won't like it if it was a 4th round pick, and he is unhappy about it.

If you can read this which I doubt I would be fine trading a 4th round pick for him, as long as the contract situation is not for 3+ years (Which I believe it is) then that scenerio is perfectly fine.

I don't mind him being here as a backup qb or temporary solution. I DO MIND TRADING THAT MUCH FOR HIM and signing him to a deal similar to what Cassel received. And what happened with the Cassel situation? You think we would learn from aquiring back up qbs from other teams.

What improvement? The coach limited his throws and the offense was much more effective. The only improvement I see from him is that he eliminated his mistakes, he still takes massive amounts of sacks.

Why would I be excited about a guy who was benched 8 times, he has had 1.5 winning seasons, and then eventually was replaced by another qb (Kaepernick, which technically wasn't his fault even though he is injury prone). Those 8 times he was benched were not even in favor of NFL starting calibur quarterbacks.

Matt, Alex Smith throws the short ball more than Matt Cassel. We have no idea what we are getting ourselves into.

Alex Smith, percentage of throws under 10 yards, 2011/2012:

73.3% (486 total)

Matt Cassel, percentage of throws under 10 yards, 2010:

64.4%

Matt Cassel, percentage of throws under 10 yards, Chiefs career:

65.8 % (980 total)

It's dink and dunk all over again.

If you can't see how much he has improved in the last couple of seasons then there's no point of even discussing this with you any further. Your hate won't let you be objective. I mean after all your difference in going downfield and dink and dunk "noodle arm" is .1 yards I give up my man I just give up
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

If you can't see how much he has improved in the last couple of seasons then there's no point of even discussing this with you any further. Your hate won't let you be objective. I mean after all your difference in going downfield and dink and dunk "noodle arm" is .1 yards I give up my man I just give up

He's a college qb, you develop him. At WVU he ran the pistol offense which requires A TON of quick throws. The difference being is that he has all of the physical tools, he has shown he can throw the ball deep with accuracy. He can stretch the field. Alex Smith cannot and does not. Smith as the stats indicate above is just a checkdown, short yardage qb.

That is the difference, and that is why I believe we have so much more upside drafting Geno, resigning Albert and holding onto our second pick versus drafting a LT which we already have with out FIRST PICK and trading a second away for a mediocre qb.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 03-02-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast