Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

Default ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

Source: Chiefs to acquire Alex Smith
    ESPN.com news services | February 27, 2013
    The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs, a league source confirmed to ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Terms of the trade, which can't officially be completed until March 12 when the 2013 league year begins, weren't immediately available.

The trade agreement was first reported by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer on Twitter.

Smith, the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick, lost his starting job to Colin Kaepernick while sitting out with a concussion but was professional at every turn and continued to mentor his replacement.

Before his injury, Smith had completed 26 of his last 28 passes -- including going 18-of-19 for 232 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a "Monday Night Football" win at Arizona on Oct. 29.

He then sustained a concussion in the second quarter of the 49ers' next game, a 24-24 tie against St. Louis on Nov. 11. Smith sat out the next game as Kaepernick dazzled in his debut as an NFL starter, beating the Bears handily at home on "Monday Night Football." Smith didn't start again last season.

The 28-year-old quarterback has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

I think the best QB avail. This makes us a contender. Yea!!!
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Just glad we have already addressed one area of need. Now we just need to get Bowe under contract and work on filling as many holes through FA as possible so we can draft the best players available in the draft.

Glad to see the new brass going out and making a splash right away. Just hope it works out better than the Cassel splash made by Pioli when he took over.

One guy won't make us a contender. The Niners have an oustanding cast of receivers and tight ends, a pretty decent offensive line, and a star RB. It is one reason Kap, did so much better than Smith. The defense could not afford to spy a guy on Kap or they would beat them with all the other weapons. So we have the Star Running Back covered but that is the end of conversation.

I am not to found of the rumor saying we gave up a 2nd this year, with a comprable pick in next years draft.

Just read on ESPN that we gave up our 2nd round pick. If this is the case I am not so sure I like the trade. That is a really high pick to give up for someone's back up QB. Whether he started before or not, he still is not a back up and that is too high.

Dear Chiefs, Thank you! Sincerely the AFC West.

But seriously, I think KC was forced into this trade as there is no other choice. This all but seals Joackel(SP?) is KC's 1st pick

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

More info on the deal but I certainly hope not. He is NOT the best quarterback available and thus my dismay and really I do hope if we get him he could be a good QB for us even in a backup role if need be but man, why not just go after David Carr. Same dif. :(
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

he is another 49er product. why am i worried???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

If the chiefs draft DT with the first round pick then I will become very worried.

Hate this trade if it goes through, a 2nd round pick for Alex smith, do people just forget his first 5 or 6 years?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast