Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

Default ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

Source: Chiefs to acquire Alex Smith
    ESPN.com news services | February 27, 2013
    The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs, a league source confirmed to ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Terms of the trade, which can't officially be completed until March 12 when the 2013 league year begins, weren't immediately available.

The trade agreement was first reported by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer on Twitter.

Smith, the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick, lost his starting job to Colin Kaepernick while sitting out with a concussion but was professional at every turn and continued to mentor his replacement.

Before his injury, Smith had completed 26 of his last 28 passes -- including going 18-of-19 for 232 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a "Monday Night Football" win at Arizona on Oct. 29.

He then sustained a concussion in the second quarter of the 49ers' next game, a 24-24 tie against St. Louis on Nov. 11. Smith sat out the next game as Kaepernick dazzled in his debut as an NFL starter, beating the Bears handily at home on "Monday Night Football." Smith didn't start again last season.

The 28-year-old quarterback has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

I jus saw a clip on ESPN that says the Chiefs are giving up a total of 4 picks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I don't hate getting Smith, but agree that a second round draft pick was a price too high.
    +1. San Francisco just played KC like a violin, with Reid and Dorsey holding the sheet music.

Hope he's wrong

Quote Originally Posted by beaver25 View Post
    I jus saw a clip on ESPN that says the Chiefs are giving up a total of 4 picks!

well the networks better get their stories straight, NFLnetwork just interupted their broadcast w/breaking news...the CHIEFS will aquire Alex Smith from the 49rs for this years 2nd roud pick and possibly next years 2nd round pick......way too much to give up thats like a late 1st round pick this year plus a 2nd next year....there had better be some picks coming back from the niners...hell that gives them 12 picks......way to much to give up!!!!!!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

This is the dumbest trade since KC got Matt Cassel.

Matt Cassel 2.0

Had a feeling the Geno worshipers would be whining today when I heard the news forget the fact he has taken a team to the NFC title game his name isn't Geno so we have to whine and say he's Cassel.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Had a feeling the Geno worshipers would be whining today when I heard the news forget the fact he has taken a team to the NFC title game his name isn't Geno so we have to whine and say he's Cassel.

And I had a feeling the same old blind Chiefs' faithful who were satisfied with the Matt Cassel pickup would be satisfied with this move.

It's cool. The 49ers will turn our pick into Revis and the Raiders will get a franchise QB in Geno. Whatever, I'm over it.

The only way I'd be halfway satisfied with this nonsense is if they have a partner who wants to trade up to #1 for Geno.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast