Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

Default ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

Source: Chiefs to acquire Alex Smith
    ESPN.com news services | February 27, 2013
    The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs, a league source confirmed to ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Terms of the trade, which can't officially be completed until March 12 when the 2013 league year begins, weren't immediately available.

The trade agreement was first reported by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer on Twitter.

Smith, the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick, lost his starting job to Colin Kaepernick while sitting out with a concussion but was professional at every turn and continued to mentor his replacement.

Before his injury, Smith had completed 26 of his last 28 passes -- including going 18-of-19 for 232 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a "Monday Night Football" win at Arizona on Oct. 29.

He then sustained a concussion in the second quarter of the 49ers' next game, a 24-24 tie against St. Louis on Nov. 11. Smith sat out the next game as Kaepernick dazzled in his debut as an NFL starter, beating the Bears handily at home on "Monday Night Football." Smith didn't start again last season.

The 28-year-old quarterback has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Well Reid hopefully will find the next Len Dawson. But the verdict will be out on whether it will be Smith or a QB that they could draft in the 2013 come April.
    Perhaps they may find one in rounds 3 through 7, but with the acquisition of Alex Smith, taking a QB in round 1 is a luxury pick that doesn't address the glaring holes they have at Tackle on the O-Line.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Like Chiefster and Brdempsey said, this topic has been discussed upside down and sideways. There are those who like the trade others who like the trade and not the price paid and others that think this is Matt C. 2.0 (who, by the way is also an outstanding citizen of high character and actually has saved lives himself- from a fire-these qualities are usually a byproduct of the type of guy you want leading the team but, sadly, do not always mean great QB.)
    We love having new members come aboard and voice their 2 cents, to join the discussion, not throw "tantrum" or "crybaby" bombs on the 1st post.
    Andy Reid talked in his first interview about "finding that next Len Dawson"-the discussion is about whether or not he has. We all hope so, but you can hope in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up faster.
    And it will continue to be discussed on through the 2013 campaign, should we stop talking now?

You know I put gollashes on when I came in here for all the tears on the floor, but I guess those weren't first time posters so you didn't chide them for their posting behavior. You all seem so bewildered and abused. So much so that you can't listen to reason, but instead crave the insanity of your own cyclical arguing. All I am saying is A) dry your tears. B) stop comparing AS to Cassell. They are miles apart. Matt is not near the mind or the body of Alex and he can't run either. You don't have Cassell anymore, now you have Alex Smith. You guys are stuck in a Cassell psychosis.

If your coach, GM, and other members of the coaching staff can do their jobs, Alex will lead the locker room and defeat Chiefs opponents on a regular basis. It is so much more than long bombs to the house. Your team needs more than good players, it needs culture change, leadership and a cult-like commitment to each other. But again, your all so jilted and fragile right now so nothing but flowers, chocolates, and perfumed letters is acceptable. I get it, I understand what you are going through.

No, I don't.

Seriously if I am too rough for your squaws, just delete my account. I will understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lightning View Post
    And it will continue to be discussed on through the 2013 campaign, should we stop talking now?

You know I put gollashes on when I came in here for all the tears on the floor, but I guess those weren't first time posters so you didn't chide them for their posting behavior. You all seem so bewildered and abused. So much so that you can't listen to reason, but instead crave the insanity of your own cyclical arguing. All I am saying is A) dry your tears. B) stop comparing AS to Cassell. They are miles apart. Matt is not near the mind or the body of Alex and he can't run either. You don't have Cassell anymore, now you have Alex Smith. You guys are stuck in a Cassell psychosis.

If your coach, GM, and other members of the coaching staff can do their jobs, Alex will lead the locker room and defeat Chiefs opponents on a regular basis. It is so much more than long bombs to the house. Your team needs more than good players, it needs culture change, leadership and a cult-like commitment to each other. But again, your all so jilted and fragile right now so nothing but flowers, chocolates, and perfumed letters is acceptable. I get it, I understand what you are going through.

No, I don't.

Seriously if I am too rough for your squaws, just delete my account. I will understand.
    Herein lies the problem people here have with you. The fallacy you present in your opinion of the site is that because of a few members that don't share your view of Alex Smith you then lump everyone here into a single "crybaby" category. You throw everyone here under the bus because you can't see past a varying point of view.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 03-20-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Herein lies the problem people here have with you. The fallacy you present in your opinion of the site is that because of a few members that don't share your view of Alex Smith you then lump everyone here into a single "crybaby" category. You throw everyone here under the bus because you can't see past a varying point of view.
    eric winston is posting on chiefscrowd?

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    eric winston is posting on chiefscrowd?
    Could be.

I for one thing Matt got screwed by coaching and changes every year...but smith is s upgrade and so is Daniels over Matt.

Johnny lightning there's less then 5 people here in this forum that are saying Alex smith is just like cassel but there are way more of us who believe we're better off now with Alex smith. Grow up and be specific on who you are directing your comments to because by you clumping us all together and throwing a rant directed towards everyone here makes it seem like you are the whiner here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    I for one thing Matt got screwed by coaching and changes every year...but smith is s upgrade and so is Daniels over Matt.
    What has Daniels done to say he is an upgrade over anyone? He has looked good in Pre-season on a team that had tons of talent on offense. I like the signing but I am not going to follow the MU biased opinion that he is even better than Smith. And that is not me bashing on MU fans. My entire family follows MU. I just have not seen him do anything in the NFL to give him that type of status. If he is really that good he would have had many other options before the Chiefs to possibly be a starter.

Ok sry@@ Daniels has much better upside then Matt...happy????

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Ok sry@@ Daniels has much better upside then Matt...happy????
    Based on what NFL record do you base that opinion. All I am saying is that he has shown nothing so far in the NFL to give fair or unfair opinions on that matter. He was a back up on the Saints behind a very good QB. However the Saints felt they didn't need to pay as much to keep him for a very important position. He may or may not have already hit his ceiling and there may or may not be any upside to him. But he did graduate from MU, and he has not proven that he can't be a back up yet.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast