Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here's who Alex Smith is

Default Here's who Alex Smith is

Only two guys in the last 5 years have thrown fewer than 12 INTs, been sacked more than 40 times, have a completion % over 61%, have yards per attempt < 7.2...See the below image.

There's more:

@BIlluminati100
    @TheFilmRoom Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1

Oh yeah, Alex Smith has 3 games (80 total) where he has thrown for > 300 yards.

This franchise is so doomed. Retread QB after retread QB.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    The Kansas City Chiefs are the only team in professional sports who are coming off a 2-14 record and have a "Win now" mentality.

I think there are many Chiefs fans with this mentality. Speaking only for myself I prefer success sooner rather than later, however, I also understand the value of developing a championship team over the course of time. The point I'm making is that the organization's philosophy maybe a reflection of the perceived mentality of the fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I would be interested in seeing what the W/L record for all other QBs in the league are after their team has given up 24 points.
    I copied this from a copy a guy made from there and so on anyway, from arrowhead pride..........

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/2...nsation-chiefs
    This is copied and I didn't double check it.

No QBs have winning records, but these are the numbers of other QBs when their team gives up 24 or more excluding the playoffs courtesy of the internet and buffalobills.com member Tbk:
    "
    NFL records, excluding playoffs, here are the corresponding win/loss records of some QBs for reference:
    Tom Brady: 29 – 31 (.483)
    Flacco: 11 – 12 (.478)
    Matt Ryan: 11 – 16 (.407)
    A. Rodgers: 11 – 16 (.407)
    P. Manning: 35 – 46 (.432)
    Drew Brees: 27 – 53 (.337)
    E.Manning: 20 – 46 (.303)
    Fitzpatrick: 5 – 31 (.139)
    A.Smith: 2 – 25 (.074)"
    by Brickwall on Feb 28, 2013 | 11:53 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    My point is that I'm willing to bet that most QB's in the league don't have a stellar record against teams that have scored twenty-four or more points against them. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know but that's why I'm interested in knowing.

And when you are playing against high scoring offenses in the NFL your qb is going to have to outscore them sometimes. Out of the 27 times teams have scored atleast 24 points Alex Smith has won twice.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    I copied this from a copy a guy made from there and so on anyway, from arrowhead pride..........

No QBs have winning records, but these are the numbers of other QBs when their team gives up 24 or more excluding the playoffs courtesy of the internet and buffalobills.com member Tbk:
    "
    NFL records, excluding playoffs, here are the corresponding win/loss records of some QBs for reference:

This is absolutely pathetic. And we gave up so much to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post

"
    ...Good to know, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    And when you are playing against high scoring offenses in the NFL your qb is going to have to outscore them sometimes. Out of the 27 times teams have scored atleast 24 points Alex Smith has won twice.
    I agree, not good.

There is a need for Alex Smith on this team, but don't think he is worth any more then a fourth rd pick. Unless..........................

I really believe there has to be more to the story, maybe , just maybe hes bringing a wr (crabtree) with him.......... One can hope.

I'm not gonna get into how many pics he's worth or not. But i have to ask this. Maybe some currently dont know last year he was the man in regards to comeback wins. Meaning, you can put the team on your back, and will the team to victory. Including the NFCCG. Then some make the argument, he had a stellar defense, and great RB in Gore. I say that is true, but for the defense to prevent points, you have to score to win. And with Smith at the helm, they had the league high 6 wins last year.

He's an upgrade to what we have had over the past few years. Also, since some compare to Cassell. Did he get as far in his first playoff appearance as Alex did. Smith wasnt a backup to Brady and only shined after injury. Smith played a whole season and a half, and was a top 5 QB. I'm just saying we have a proven vet. and most are *****ing about if he or she scores 24 or more points.

Well like i said, even with the stats proven above dont matter if it's 2-27, 5-31, or 11-16. Point is, whenever your team scores 24 or more it's more to do with the defense sucking than the offense. And all those records say the same thing. NO QB does that good, when down 24 pts.

Regardless of how many points I believe that Smith can help lead us back if we are down. As he has shown the past 2 years.

So i'm actually confident going into this year. Shouldnt we all be. I mean unless we foresee another 2-14 season. Then if so, i can see why some would be upset.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123