Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's who Alex Smith is

Default Here's who Alex Smith is

Only two guys in the last 5 years have thrown fewer than 12 INTs, been sacked more than 40 times, have a completion % over 61%, have yards per attempt < 7.2...See the below image.

There's more:

@BIlluminati100
    @TheFilmRoom Alex Smith's career record when the opponent scores at least 24 points: 2-27-1

Oh yeah, Alex Smith has 3 games (80 total) where he has thrown for > 300 yards.

This franchise is so doomed. Retread QB after retread QB.

I can't say I disagree! This is a sad day for the Chiefs world.

Good stuff Ryfo, some more important stats:

-In the last 4 seasons Cassel has 1 more 300 yard game than Smith does.

-Comparing the last 2 seasons with Cassel and Smith they each have identical YPA (dink and dunk)

-Smith is 2-27 against teams that score atleast 24 points.

-Smith averaged 187 ypg under Harbaugh, Cassel 198 in a Chiefs uniform.

He's not a qb who wins games, he reminds me of Matt Cassel. Why in God's name would we trade that much for him?
    Last edited by MyManHali; 02-27-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Oh, and this happened once too...against Andy Reid's Eagles of all teams:

More:

However, Smith's strong numbers in 2012 reflected his abilities on early downs. His third-down Total QBR (33.1) trailed Cassel's (44.5). It's fair to wonder whether Smith will produce as well overall on a weaker team that could face predictable passing situations more frequently.
    Article

yup the worst part about this deal . is the fact there was not even that competative of a market for smith and we give up the world to get him. arizaona was interested cle showed some interest. but dorsey and reid gave them 100 bucks when they would have settled for 40. i am more pissed about that than actually having smith on the roster

I wish people would stop comparing cassel and smith. You cant compar their stats when they had diferent personal and systems than each other. You can compare what u want but it wont tell you anything. Smith is atleast twice as good as cassel amd alot smarter then cassel. Smith was drafted # 1 for a reason. Yiu dont just loose that talent. He might not have blossomed as high as he shoukd have but hes heads over heals better than cassel. And im not sold on the qb class this year so i have mixed feelings but i know were better with smith than cassel so im happy about that. Il always liked smith when i watched him play thats not alot kf times though. But im intrigues atleast. Plus giving reid supose to be a qb guru it can only help smith. Just stop comparing the two of them. They played different defenses and toltally diferent coaches systems. If u remember 49ers had def tyoe head coaches when they drafted him. I think coaches hurt him more than anything. Im optimistic about smith and hope he continues to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I wish people would stop comparing cassel and smith. You cant compar their stats when they had diferent personal and systems than each other. You can compare what u want but it wont tell you anything. Smith is atleast twice as good as cassel amd alot smarter then cassel. Smith was drafted # 1 for a reason. Yiu dont just loose that talent. He might not have blossomed as high as he shoukd have but hes heads over heals better than cassel. And im not sold on the qb class this year so i have mixed feelings but i know were better with smith than cassel so im happy about that. Il always liked smith when i watched him play thats not alot kf times though. But im intrigues atleast. Plus giving reid supose to be a qb guru it can only help smith. Just stop comparing the two of them. They played different defenses and toltally diferent coaches systems. If u remember 49ers had def tyoe head coaches when they drafted him. I think coaches hurt him more than anything. Im optimistic about smith and hope he continues to improve.

He's a conservative checkdown qb, and why we would trade that much for him is just sickening.

Hey maybe be checkdown but doesnt compar to cassel. Id take smith over cassel any day of the year. Cassel sucks in every faucet of the game and smith has alot more tangables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Only two guys in the last 5 years have thrown fewer than 12 INTs, been sacked more than 40 times, have a completion % over 61%, have yards per attempt < 7.2...See the below image.

There's more:

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial][URL="https://twitter.com/BIlluminati100"]‏

Oh yeah, Alex Smith has 3 games (80 total) where he has thrown for > 300 yards.

This franchise is so doomed. Retread QB after retread QB.
    I would be interested in seeing what the W/L record for all other QBs in the league are after their team has given up 24 points.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast