Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith=Cassel Logic

Default Smith=Cassel Logic

Can some one explain this to me:

"Because there exists a QB who became a worse player after his best season, therefor anyone who had a season comparable to that player's best season must be a bad player."

That's what I'm hearing over and over. Matt Cassel had a good season and then he sucked. We all know that. Why does that have to do with anything else? Does every personnel guy who studies game film have to go, "Wait. This guy had a season who's numbers are comparable to this Matt Cassel guy's numbers from his best season. Hold on. That must mean that this guy is going to become a bad player." Huh? What? Why would Dorsey or Reid care one bit about what happened to one specific guy who has nothing to do with their 2013 KC Chiefs? So this particular guy we're talking about happens to have been a Chief. How does that mean he has some magical ability to rub off his lack of mojo onto some one else any more than anyone else? Why not cherry pick some QB who then went on to be a better player? Who cares about Matt Cassel!

Quote Originally Posted by BayArea View Post
    Bro that post is pretty awesome. lol We don't want to give you anymore QBs!!! Don't worry.

I am not comparing teams here. You are selling your defense short though. They might be 20th overall in total defense but in my opinion played better than they get credit for. Andy Reid will transform that offense and you will more than likely see a very dynamic offense. You guys had #5 ranked yards per gain rushing offense. Your premier back ran for 1500 yards. I would say you guys are set up for a run for sure.

Sometimes all it takes is a new head coach. Andy Reid had nothing that he needed in Philly. He has a lot of what he needs in KC.

I find it weird that I as a 49er fan is trying to convince a KC fan that his team might be good. lol usually I am trying to convince 49er fans that our team is good. haha
    That's something I think you saw once you got your coach in place. The coaches before were not good at all. Once you got a good coach Smith started to play like a good QB. A good friend of mine is a 49ers fan I heard him curse the name Alex Smith for years. Yesterday he was saying he wished you kept him as backup just in case something happened to Kaepernick coaching goes a LONG way. Smith won in the playoffs for you guys He can do it in KC Myself I wouldn't mind Smith getting a chance to show you what you're missing in the Super bowl sometime soon
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Talking with Myman is like constantly talking someone off a ledge. We have a couple good complimentary RBs behind Charles in Draughn and Gray (plus we still have the draft and free agency left to go). We DO need another CB. He's wrong about WR because we will probably bring back Bowe. Baldwin needs a little more coaching but he's got immense talent and he'll be a good if not great WR in the future. McCluster is still there and Jamar Newsome did some really good things last season as well. I'd like to see the Chiefs bring in Jennings from Green Bay, but I don't think that kind of acquisition is necessary.

The Chiefs have the talent to be a top-flight defense if they could ever get off the field. When this team starts to score points, the defense will take a huge step forward. There's no doubt the passing game will be exponentially better than it was last year. The Chiefs have a top 5 running game to go with it. I don't subscribe to the notion that "the best defense is a good offense," but it certainly helps. Control the ball, stop turning it over, and you're going to see the defense leap to the top of the heap in a hurry. If this offense can find a way to score first and take some of the pressure off the defense, they can pin their ears back and get after the opponent a little more instead of being conservative and playing on their heels the whole game.

The Chiefs just needed average QB play to become contenders and they got more than that by acquiring Alex Smith.

I just love the fact that my man Hali is declaring war on a guy he wanted to come in and run this franchise. If Dempsey and Reid think Alex smith is the best option we have we have to believe it. If you don't then you really never wanted Dempsey to come here to begin with and are just a complete and total pessimist. No matter how right u were last year you have nothing to base it on. Reid is not crennel and Dempsey is not pioli. Dempsey has said since DAY 1 BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE. It's obvious that Dempsey did not feel Geno was the BPA. So if Dempsey has a nack for finding the best talent shouldn't we give him the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I just love the fact that my man Hali is declaring war on a guy he wanted to come in and run this franchise. If Dempsey and Reid think Alex smith is the best option we have we have to believe it. If you don't then you really never wanted Dempsey to come here to begin with and are just a complete and total pessimist. No matter how right u were last year you have nothing to base it on. Reid is not crennel and Dempsey is not pioli. Dempsey has said since DAY 1 BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE. It's obvious that Dempsey did not feel Geno was the BPA. So if Dempsey has a nack for finding the best talent shouldn't we give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Dorsey... not Dempsey

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Talking with Myman is like constantly talking someone off a ledge. We have a couple good complimentary RBs behind Charles in Draughn and Gray (plus we still have the draft and free agency left to go). We DO need another CB. He's wrong about WR because we will probably bring back Bowe. Baldwin needs a little more coaching but he's got immense talent and he'll be a good if not great WR in the future. McCluster is still there and Jamar Newsome did some really good things last season as well. I'd like to see the Chiefs bring in Jennings from Green Bay, but I don't think that kind of acquisition is necessary.

The Chiefs have the talent to be a top-flight defense if they could ever get off the field. When this team starts to score points, the defense will take a huge step forward. There's no doubt the passing game will be exponentially better than it was last year. The Chiefs have a top 5 running game to go with it. I don't subscribe to the notion that "the best defense is a good offense," but it certainly helps. Control the ball, stop turning it over, and you're going to see the defense leap to the top of the heap in a hurry. If this offense can find a way to score first and take some of the pressure off the defense, they can pin their ears back and get after the opponent a little more instead of being conservative and playing on their heels the whole game.

The Chiefs just needed average QB play to become contenders and they got more than that by acquiring Alex Smith.
    The defense was hurt alot by the offense they were also like the offense hurt by the HORRIBLE coaching. Once Gibbs took over as DC they started playing well. We even saw Tyson Jackson get a sack I think 3 games in a row. That says alot about the coaching staff.

The backfield has a couple of young RBs that you mentioned that looked like they could be something Mccluster also can be used out of the backfield the guy was getting over 5 YPC last year. It's not his fault the head coach couldn't say gee he's been good out of the backfield maybe we should give him some more carries to keep it up.

This team has weapons on both sides of the ball and now a PROVEN head coach to use those weapons. We need anther CB and anther pass rusher on defense I still really hope the 1st pick is Jarvis Jones myself but I don't think that will happen

On offense I would love to get Jennings just incase Baldwin never becomes what we thought he could. Baldwin has shown glimpses of being really good but has never been able to put it together. I think it would be wise to grab anther wr just incase Baldwin just can't ever play up to his talent in the NFL. We also need some more depth on the O line. This might have been the best 2-14 team ever if that makes any sense lol
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Dorsey... not Dempsey

I don't know why I keep doing that. Part sofa king i guess. But u get what I'm saying.

Because it is the same garbage every year. We trade high draft picks for a mediocre FA qb, doesnt that sound familiar? This move won't bring us any closer to the sb, in fact it takes us a step back.

Instead of getting a good qb through the draft, resigning Albert and spending our 34th pick on a need position, or even trading for more picks to fill more needs, we get a mediocre qb and a LT that we don't need.

Prepare for another mediocre-losing season.

I agree with MMH here. A team that finished 32nd in the league in total offense can ill afford to be trading away high draft picks for backups.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Because it is the same garbage every year. We trade high draft picks for a mediocre FA qb, doesnt that sound familiar? This move won't bring us any closer to the sb, in fact it takes us a step back.

Instead of getting a good qb through the draft, resigning Albert and spending our 34th pick on a need position, or even trading for more picks to fill more needs, we get a mediocre qb and a LT that we don't need.

Prepare for another mediocre-losing season.

I'm sorry, bud but Geno Smith is NOT what you think he is. Is he the best QB in the draft? Maybe. Does that mean he's better than Alex Smith? Nope. The Chiefs still have the #1 pick and it's in the hands of a staff that includes guys who like to move around on draft day. The LT at #1 hasn't been executed yet...

I promise... everything is going to be ok. You're among people who love you. Why don't you come on back inside and we'll talk about this over a beer. There's no reason to jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I agree with MMH here. A team that finished 32nd in the league in total offense can ill afford to be trading away high draft picks for backups.

No, they can "ill afford" to spend 3000 points on a busted QB who's going to put this franchise down for another 4 years. At least we're getting a guy with the 2nd round pick that has proven he can get it done at the NFL level instead of HOPING Geno Smith can get it done.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast