Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith=Cassel Logic

Default Smith=Cassel Logic

Can some one explain this to me:

"Because there exists a QB who became a worse player after his best season, therefor anyone who had a season comparable to that player's best season must be a bad player."

That's what I'm hearing over and over. Matt Cassel had a good season and then he sucked. We all know that. Why does that have to do with anything else? Does every personnel guy who studies game film have to go, "Wait. This guy had a season who's numbers are comparable to this Matt Cassel guy's numbers from his best season. Hold on. That must mean that this guy is going to become a bad player." Huh? What? Why would Dorsey or Reid care one bit about what happened to one specific guy who has nothing to do with their 2013 KC Chiefs? So this particular guy we're talking about happens to have been a Chief. How does that mean he has some magical ability to rub off his lack of mojo onto some one else any more than anyone else? Why not cherry pick some QB who then went on to be a better player? Who cares about Matt Cassel!

The only thing Alex Smith has proved is that he can lose his job to an unproven rookie - and he did it well.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    The only thing Alex Smith has proved is that he can lose his job to an unproven rookie - and he did it well.
    Ya it's not like he has won in the playoffs or anything or been in the top 10 in QBR oh wait he has
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I think even Matt Cassel has some of those accolades...
    SHUT IT

I think even Matt Cassel has some of those accolades...
    I don't think Cassel has any playoff wins.

Dogonne it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SHUT IT

Dogonne it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Ya it's not like he has won in the playoffs or anything or been in the top 10 in QBR oh wait he has
    I totally agree. The only reason Smith lost his job is because Harbuagh wanted Kapernick to start in the first place. He was just waiting for the opportunity to put him in. Not because Smith was playing poorly.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by OTR Chiefs fan View Post
    I totally agree. The only reason Smith lost his job is because Harbuagh wanted Kapernick to start in the first place. He was just waiting for the opportunity to put him in. Not because Smith was playing poorly.
    Give him a break though. Alex has played better than your QBs as of late. That is fact.

If you are tired of me posting here I will **** off. Don't want to annoy you guys as a 49er fan. Just trying to let you all know you aren't as screwed as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    No, they can "ill afford" to spend 3000 points on a busted QB who's going to put this franchise down for another 4 years. At least we're getting a guy with the 2nd round pick that has proven he can get it done at the NFL level instead of HOPING Geno Smith can get it done.

Matt Cassel was a FA bust that screwed us up for 4 years. No point here. With all of his awful years as a qb you are still HOPING Smith can be productive without a stacked team or harbaugh.

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by BayArea View Post
    Give him a break though. Alex has played better than your QBs as of late. That is fact.

If you are tired of me posting here I will **** off. Don't want to annoy you guys as a 49er fan. Just trying to let you all know you aren't as screwed as you think.

Why is that always the comparison? "But hes better than Cassel." Who cares, for what we gave up we should of picked up an *** kicking fool and he is no *** kicking fool. He is Captain Checkdown, he has come to save America!

BTW, your first post on here criticizing Alex Smith has made me one of your biggest fans.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast