Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith=Cassel Logic

Default Smith=Cassel Logic

Can some one explain this to me:

"Because there exists a QB who became a worse player after his best season, therefor anyone who had a season comparable to that player's best season must be a bad player."

That's what I'm hearing over and over. Matt Cassel had a good season and then he sucked. We all know that. Why does that have to do with anything else? Does every personnel guy who studies game film have to go, "Wait. This guy had a season who's numbers are comparable to this Matt Cassel guy's numbers from his best season. Hold on. That must mean that this guy is going to become a bad player." Huh? What? Why would Dorsey or Reid care one bit about what happened to one specific guy who has nothing to do with their 2013 KC Chiefs? So this particular guy we're talking about happens to have been a Chief. How does that mean he has some magical ability to rub off his lack of mojo onto some one else any more than anyone else? Why not cherry pick some QB who then went on to be a better player? Who cares about Matt Cassel!

Quote Originally Posted by BayArea View Post
    Give him a break though. Alex has played better than your QBs as of late. That is fact.

If you are tired of me posting here I will **** off. Don't want to annoy you guys as a 49er fan. Just trying to let you all know you aren't as screwed as you think.
    I don't think you've annoyed anyone that I can tell.

You're flying off the deep end because the Chiefs didn't purchase a prime steak when there was only choice available at market. Of the steaks available, the Chiefs got the best cut for 1/4 the price of the next best cut. The best option happened to have been an 8 year pro and very successful over the last 2 seasons. Alex Smith is the best option in this year's QB market, plain and simple.

Either you're a fan of this team or you're not. Make a choice. You can't praise the hiring of the head coach and G.M. and then question the very first decision they make and say all is lost. You've thrown your allotted 72hr b!tch fit. It's done. Now get the fu@k over it and quit being such a negative nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    You're flying off the deep end because the Chiefs didn't purchase a prime steak when there was only choice available at market. Of the steaks available, the Chiefs got the best cut for 1/4 the price of the next best cut. The best option happened to have been an 8 year pro and very successful over the last 2 seasons. Alex Smith is the best option in this year's QB market, plain and simple.

Either you're a fan of this team or you're not. Make a choice. You can't praise the hiring of the head coach and G.M. and then question the very first decision they make and say all is lost. You've thrown your allotted 72hr b!tch fit. It's done. Now get the fu@k over it and quit being such a negative nancy.

How did they get the best cut when they gave up basically a first round pick for him plus a third round pick? Answer me that? How did we get the better situation when we saw Geno Smith's stock draft rise and Luke Joeckel's fall?

In the end this is a huge downgrade for our team. Not only do we have holes to fill we blew picks on an average qb and will most likely draft a LT when we already have one, maybe even two. Hell, Stephenson has looked very good at times, and you think this is a good trade, a trade that benefits us?

All of the fa qbs we have acquired has done some awful things to your mind. And yet, here we go again, with another FA qb to start this regime.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 03-01-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Matt Cassel was a FA bust that screwed us up for 4 years. No point here. With all of his awful years as a qb you are still HOPING Smith can be productive without a stacked team or harbaugh.

Right?
    WHAT you mean having a good team around you helps? That's the truth with EVERY qb in the NFL. Take Reggie Wayne Marvin Harrison Dallas Clark away from Peyton Manning he might still be good but he wouldn't do nearly as good as he did with them for the colts for all those years. NO QB in the history of the game has ever done it himself. NONE Any QB has to have talent to help. When smith got it he did well. Here's an idea maybe there thinking they are going to get a stacked team around him? You make it sound like there going to say well we got Alex Smith mission accomplished. LETS JUST WAIT TO SEE WHAT ELSE THEY DO. Who else they bring in to go with Smith before we start whining just because they are not chosing Geno Smith

And where did you here Geno's stock was on the rise I never heard anything like that.

How did they get the best cut when they gave up basically a first round pick for him plus a third round pick? Answer me that? How did we get the better situation when we saw Geno Smith's stock draft rise and Luke Joeckel's fall?

In the end this is a huge downgrade for our team. Not only do we have holes to fill we blew picks on an average qb and will most likely draft a LT when we already have one, maybe even two. Hell, Stephenson has looked very good at times, and you think this is a good trade, a trade that benefits us?

All of the fa qbs we have acquired has done some awful things to your mind. And yet, here we go again, with another FA qb to start this regime.
    Once again you only want to talk about the negatives when talking about the QBs we got not the way you happen to like. Joe Montana won the last playoff game this team has won. Rich Gannon did well although they made the STUPID choice to let him walk in favor of Grbac (who to this day i still hate) Trent Green had us the number 1 offense for a number of years. But go on pretending this never happened and that it's not possible to get a good QB in the FA markert or trade. A number of QBs have done well with teams that they have signed with or were traded to. INCLUDING IN KC. Smith has done well the last couple of seasons that can't be ignored just like his struggles can't be ignored. The guy has proven he can win in the playoffs. THAT'S FACT but go on pretending that never happened to
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by BayArea View Post
    Give him a break though. Alex has played better than your QBs as of late. That is fact.

If you are tired of me posting here I will **** off. Don't want to annoy you guys as a 49er fan. Just trying to let you all know you aren't as screwed as you think.
    You don't have to go anywhere. The Geno Smith worshipers would have done this with any QB not named Geno Smith. That's the only sin Alex has made since the other day his first name is not Geno
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    WHAT you mean having a good team around you helps? That's the truth with EVERY qb in the NFL. Take Reggie Wayne Marvin Harrison Dallas Clark away from Peyton Manning he might still be good but he wouldn't do nearly as good as he did with them for the colts for all those years. NO QB in the history of the game has ever done it himself. NONE Any QB has to have talent to help. When smith got it he did well. Here's an idea maybe there thinking they are going to get a stacked team around him? You make it sound like there going to say well we got Alex Smith mission accomplished. LETS JUST WAIT TO SEE WHAT ELSE THEY DO. Who else they bring in to go with Smith before we start whining just because they are not chosing Geno Smith

And where did you here Geno's stock was on the rise I never heard anything like that.

Once again you only want to talk about the negatives when talking about the QBs we got not the way you happen to like. Joe Montana won the last playoff game this team has won. Rich Gannon did well although they made the STUPID choice to let him walk in favor of Grbac (who to this day i still hate) Trent Green had us the number 1 offense for a number of years. But go on pretending this never happened and that it's not possible to get a good QB in the FA markert or trade. A number of QBs have done well with teams that they have signed with or were traded to. INCLUDING IN KC. Smith has done well the last couple of seasons that can't be ignored just like his struggles can't be ignored. The guy has proven he can win in the playoffs. THAT'S FACT but go on pretending that never happened to

I said a stacked team, the only time Alex smith has done well is when he has had a stacked team and harbaugh. We don't have either. Do not bring up Peyton Manning to me. You were the one who said a big part of the collapse of the colts was because they didn't have Gary Brackett or Melvin Bullitt. That is a direct quote too. Peyton came in and would play with guys like Blair White and still produce elite numbers.

The Trent Green situation was very different. He came over with a coach that knew him, he also had the best offensive line in the history of the NFL to hide behind as well as the number 1 ground game.

Andy Reid has never worked with Alex Smith. The bad thing is we have seen Alex Smith at his very best with harbaugh, and it isn't impressive at all. He hides behind the running game and offensive line and makes short, conservative throws. This situation and conversation seems very FAMILIAR to me, 2011 and 2012 seasons?

You need to understand this, he is a checkdown quarterback. We gave up EVERYTHING for a check down qb.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 03-01-2013 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You don't have to go anywhere. The Geno Smith worshipers would have done this with any QB not named Geno Smith. That's the only sin Alex has made since the other day his first name is not Geno

Did you read his first post here? He is a lifelong 49er fan. Here it is:

As a lifelong 49er fan let me tell you guys you either got a band aid or a slow painful death. Alex Smith has the ability to be serviceable for a team that caters to his strengths and builds an entire team and game plan around him. Your coach has got to be smart and I mean damn smart to win with him.

I really feel for you guys burning a 2nd round pick on him. That is a ripoff in my opinion as I would have given no more than a mid 3rd early 4th on a good day for him. Who knows though Andy Reid might gel with Alex but only if he takes a page from Harbaugh's book and gives him a good defense/special teams, paired with a strong running game and short play action passes.

Good luck to you guys. Blows when your team is drafting first overall I know this and been there done that. I like Alex Smith and will be rooting for him to succeed as long as it isn't against my team. I really don't have a lot of hate for the Chiefs anyway, we never play you guys and when we do the games usually mean nothing. Take care.

There you go again... making assumptions. The deal isn't even complete. You don't know the specifics and probably won't for at least a couple more weeks. You don't know what the Chiefs gave up. I sure as hell can tell you that it won't cost the Chiefs 3000 value points to acquire him the way Geno Smith would've. You DO realize that the #1 overall pick is worth about 5 #34's, right? You can sit there and honestly say you think Geno Smith is worth 5 #34 overall picks? Give me a break. As much as you want to dog Alex, he outperformed Geno in college. Alex had a 176.5 QBR to Geno's 163.9. He had a better yards per completion average at 9.3 to Geno's 8.1. Smith had 1 TD for every 92 yards passing while Geno only had one per every 100. Geno had a better completion percentage, but it was only 71 to 68. If you want to see what Geno Smith will be in 8 years... look at Alex Smith and subtract a little. Hopefully Geno won't have to go through 5 coordinators in his first 5 seasons the way Alex did... but they're basically the same player except Geno has a little better deep ball while Alex has more experience and cost a lot less.

I wouldn't listen to the pundits about where the Chiefs will go with #1 overall. I heard one of them say they should sign Albert and move him to RT so they could have a pair of bookend OT's. lol We don't know how they value Albert or Stephenson. I thought Stephenson did a pretty good job last season as well. I don't think Albert is worth the price tag. If he were a Staley, Thomas, Clady, or Gross, that would be one thing. But Albert isn't even a top 10 LT. I'm not inclined to beat the table to bring him back at $8-10m/yr when we could draft a new LT and use the saved money on more WRs, CBs, and depth.

I said a stacked team, the only time Alex smith has done well is when he has had a stacked team and harbaugh. We don't have either. Do not bring up Peyton Manning to me. You were the one who said a big part of the collapse of the colts was because they didn't have Gary Brackett or Melvin Bullitt. That is a direct quote too. Peyton came in and would play with guys like Blair White and still produce elite numbers.
    You don't have the right guy there. I've never said anything about Gary Brackett or Melvin Bullitt to be honest I've never heard of either this is what I said last year about Peyton. 1. He didn't do it alone. Marvion Harrison was a DAMNED good WR As was Reggie Wayne and he had Dallas Clark he had weapons he didn't do it himself. And 2. The guy was coming off not 1 not 2 but 4 neck surgeries there was a real question of how he would hold up to a full season. He did it. But there was a real question of if he could do it. You have me confused with someone else about Brackett and Bullitt

Oh and Mr I'm right about everything You last year said that Blair White was a "household name"

The Trent Green situation was very different. He came over with a coach that knew him, he also had the best offensive line in the history of the NFL to hide behind as well as the number 1 ground game.

Andy Reid has never worked with Alex Smith. The bad thing is we have seen Alex Smith at his very best with harbaugh, and it isn't impressive at all. He hides behind the running game and offensive line and makes short, conservative throws. This situation and conversation seems very FAMILIAR to me, 2011 and 2012 seasons?

You need to understand this, he is a checkdown quarterback. We gave up EVERYTHING for a check down qb.
    You're right Tent green was different every QB is different from the other QBs. But you only mention the failed QBs that we have picked up in the FA market or through trade you never talk about the ones that did well. Why is that? Because it doesn't suit your opinion?

You're also right the Reid has never worked with Smith but he will get to. Reid has been good at working with QBs. Kevin Kolb looked great with him for a good while. One painful Sunday against us he looked like a HOFER We have a good proven NFL head coach. We might not have a "stacked" team right now but we still have the draft YES WE STILL HAVE PICKS in the draft we only gave 1 for smith this year. And there's the FA market to use as well. Again you make it sound like they are just going to say Well we got Alex Smith we don't need anyone else. That's not going to happen. If we put the right talent around Smith he could do just what he did for the niners the last couple of years. He could fail. But you don't no that. And your statment about giving everything isn't true either we gave 2 picks for him that's not everything. I agree we paid to much but don't exaggerate it just because you don't like it.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

We gave up EVERYTHING for a check down qb.

Did we draft Geno #1 already?? I must have missed that.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast