Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Smith=Cassel Logic

Default Smith=Cassel Logic

Can some one explain this to me:

"Because there exists a QB who became a worse player after his best season, therefor anyone who had a season comparable to that player's best season must be a bad player."

That's what I'm hearing over and over. Matt Cassel had a good season and then he sucked. We all know that. Why does that have to do with anything else? Does every personnel guy who studies game film have to go, "Wait. This guy had a season who's numbers are comparable to this Matt Cassel guy's numbers from his best season. Hold on. That must mean that this guy is going to become a bad player." Huh? What? Why would Dorsey or Reid care one bit about what happened to one specific guy who has nothing to do with their 2013 KC Chiefs? So this particular guy we're talking about happens to have been a Chief. How does that mean he has some magical ability to rub off his lack of mojo onto some one else any more than anyone else? Why not cherry pick some QB who then went on to be a better player? Who cares about Matt Cassel!

And the cap space that was posted on an earlier thread was based on the restructuring or cutting of Dorsey, Jackson, and cassel. We weren't in that great of shape.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    He can't be solid if he is not on the field. He has been plagued by concussion and knee problems. He played 8 games last year.

I don't consider 7-8 million + a "right price."

This is like deja vu all over again. Last year I argued about bringing in injury prone players for fear of them getting hurt and not playing. We were arguing about bringing in John Carlson and Kevin Boss, both didn't even play last year.

Who says Jennings would get 7-8 million? You don't know that. Every team is going to factor in the injury issue I really don't see him getting that much.

Oh and Boss did play last year not much but he did play
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Who says Jennings would get 7-8 million? You don't know that. Every team is going to factor in the injury issue I really don't see him getting that much.

Oh and Boss did play last year not much but he did play

Nigerian said that

Nigerian said that
    Well I was trying to make the point that by not giving Albert $15 mill we can get a solid number two WR like a Jennings and maybe someone else to fill in holes. I bought I had read we are like $26 milk under the cap. That's with a restructuring or cutting of cassel and Jackson. The point was we can get three or four players to fill holes vs getting two which is what signing Albert will limit us to.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Well I was trying to make the point that by not giving Albert $15 mill we can get a solid number two WR like a Jennings and maybe someone else to fill in holes. I bought I had read we are like $26 milk under the cap. That's with a restructuring or cutting of cassel and Jackson. The point was we can get three or four players to fill holes vs getting two which is what signing Albert will limit us to.
    Really!!!! You bought milk somewhere that cost $26 a gallon??? Our economy really has tanked in the sequester!
    Last edited by Chiefster; 03-02-2013 at 04:39 PM.

1. Cap room because of the salary floor has increased, we are SO FAR from going over the cap.

2. Tyson Jackson is scheduled to make 15 million dollars this year, cut his *** and resign albert.
    $7Million in cap space must go a lot further in your mind than anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    $7Million in cap space must go a lot further in your mind than anyone else's.

If you make the appropriate cuts cap isn't an issue. We can resign who we want.

But the Chiefs will carry over $14,079,650 in unused cap money from 2012, leaving them $7,520,530 of cap space.
    Not including the contract of Smith, the Chiefs have more than $17 million of salary cap room.

The Chiefs can clear plenty more space under the salary cap by releasing defensive end Tyson Jackson. His salary cap number is almost $17.5 million and he is due a base salary of about $14.7 million. Jackson would cost the Chiefs about $2.5 million if he is released. But that move would still save them about $15 million against their salary cap.The Chiefs would also save almost $6 million against their cap when they trade or release quarterback Matt Cassel.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/03/01...illion-in.html

Last edited by MyManHali; 03-02-2013 at 02:35 PM.

If you make the appropriate cuts cap isn't an issue. We can resign who we want.

But the Chiefs will carry over $14,079,650 in unused cap money from 2012, leaving them $7,520,530 of cap space.
    Not including the contract of Smith, the Chiefs have more than $17 million of salary cap room.

The Chiefs can clear plenty more space under the salary cap by releasing defensive end Tyson Jackson. His salary cap number is almost $17.5 million and he is due a base salary of about $14.7 million. Jackson would cost the Chiefs about $2.5 million if he is released. But that move would still save them about $15 million against their salary cap.The Chiefs would also save almost $6 million against their cap when they trade or release quarterback Matt Cassel.

http:p//www.kansascity.com/2013/03/01/4094599/chiefs-will-have-75-million-in.html

So we have an additional 21 million which will be all but used up if we retain Bowe and Albert. So keep both Bowe and Albert at let's just say 16 million. Leaving us 12 million to play with. Did you see how many players will need to be replaced if we let them all walk. Colquitt is gonna get like four million so that gives us 8 million to bring in a solid CB, a safety, a tight end, a solid WR, and sign that long list of players who will not be under contract, and its a pretty long list.

So on this topic you are optimistic!???

And yes u found n article that says we have flexibility. But there are also articles declaring Geno not a franchise QB and that Alex Smith is a more than capable QB so.....

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    So we have an additional 21 million which will be all but used up if we retain Bowe and Albert. So keep both Bowe and Albert at let's just say 16 million. Leaving us 12 million to play with. Did you see how many players will need to be replaced if we let them all walk. Colquitt is gonna get like four million so that gives us 8 million to bring in a solid CB, a safety, a tight end, a solid WR, and sign that long list of players who will not be under contract, and its a pretty long list.

So on this topic you are optimistic!???

I only mentioned 2 players, Cassel and Jackson. Assuming they would make more cuts which I am sure they will we should have plenty of cap room.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast